Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 17, 2010, 02:41 PM
Doing it in the Lateral Axis
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fotowiz View Post
Jusy my 2 cents worth on this thread. No one asked for it, but here goes. If I was Modfly, I would just keep all my info to myself, enjoy my hobby, and quit putting up with the abuse of you non-appreciative know it alls. This man has done more to help us in these forums than the rest of you put together.

Like your mother should have taught you: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything.
Thanks for your positive input fotowiz

Its good to know that my efforts here have been helpful to some and not a total waste of time as some seem to indicate I have been in this hobby over 30 years since 1979 and have a technical work background so I try to be accurate but most of all, I just like to share knowledge and communicate with like minded individuals. Its a great hobby and a great time to be in the hobby.

I personally think the 4-Site is the best UM plane yet
modfly is offline Find More Posts by modfly
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:10 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
Modfly what do I do now? I set it up and it worked! Now, I want my ailerons moving normally again!
lightspeeddud is online now Find More Posts by lightspeeddud
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:16 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
ugh!!! I cant get it to work.

okay look, I Got the flap switch to work and I followed modflys procedure.... but now when I press the flap switch, one aileron set goes up while the others goes down!

and I cant get the seperate aileron control anymore!

help modfly
Old Feb 17, 2010, 03:29 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
edit I figured it out, I had to reverse the aileron servos on the dx6i but now the aileron controls are reversed!!!!!!!! I set it back to no reversing and it goes back to the same problem of both ailerons sticking.

help
Old Feb 17, 2010, 04:05 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeeddud View Post
edit I figured it out, I had to reverse the aileron servos on the dx6i but now the aileron controls are reversed!!!!!!!! I set it back to no reversing and it goes back to the same problem of both ailerons sticking.

help
No you have not figured it out or else it would be working. You are still making some kind of mistake.
Yea, aileron reversal is not not in the mod procedure. Set the plane back to stock and let me know when your done.

I reset mine back to stock before I re-did the mod. See if you can reset it back to stock. Don't panic! Its all just a matter of programming so its no big deal. You will get it, Just keep trying and do not unplug or make any changes to the plane.
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 04:26 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
I just added some info to the instructions, Looks Like I forgot to mention that "Flaps" are reversed..

4-Site Flap setup instructions.. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=42

Sorry but its hard to get these aileron mod institutions perfected but I'm sure we will get it right soon.

Just a reminder that no instructions exist outside of this thread for adding flaps to the 4-Site with flap\elevator mixing and that we are on the leading edge of AR6400L Technology here and no one said it would be easy

It was easy for me to do but apparently no so easy to articulate how I did it But I will keep trying. Has anyone else tried this mod and if so, please leave feedback so we can determine if the setup procedure works or no.
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 05:54 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
oh so now you tell me the flaps were reversed!!!! lol

any ways, what I did is unplugged servos wires and reversed, problem solved however I could not setup the elevator mixing because of that!

but I took it out on a test spin anyways!!

HOLY CRAP ITS A TOTTALLY DIFFER ENT PLANE!!!!

I set my flaps from 0 to 30 and wow!!!

You dont need the rudder to turn anymore!!!!!!!!!!!

its so much easier to fly! so much better and flys 100times better!!!

for people that didnt do this mod, do it now!!!!!!!!!!!

right now, Im going back and reversing my servo plugs again and Im gonna setup elevator mixing and Im hoping it will fly soo much better.... with the elvator mxing I will set flaps up to 40

thank you modfly!!!!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2010, 06:52 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
modfly you should lock this thread

I took the courtesy of writing this for you in an organized place!

dont want me spamming up with problems, but this thread was experimental and I took the liberty of making it perfect!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1194443&page=3

thanks
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
modfly you should lock this thread

I took the courtesy of writing this for you in an organized place!

dont want me spamming up with problems, but this thread was experimental and I took the liberty of making it perfect!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1194443&page=3

thanks
I do not understand what you mean. The link you posted makes no sense to me.

I really am waiting for someone else to do the mod as you have ignored most of my suggestions and instructions. I believe the problem has been solved with the revised instructions I have posted. As far as you being more organized than me in presenting this info..I THINK NOT. I will not be locking or closing this thread but feel free to start your own thread
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:42 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
whatever man, I just wanted to thank you someone, I tried everything you told me to do and it worked, now the mod works for me and Im happy.... dont know what you mean by ignoring your suggestions as I did everything you said...... thanks anyways though, Ill lock my thread up but I just like how my instructions are orgianized so can you atleast post a link from my thread so that people can follow my steps?

thanks bro
Old Feb 17, 2010, 07:51 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
whatever man, I just wanted to thank you someone, I tried everything you told me to do and it worked, now the mod works for me and Im happy.... dont know what you mean by ignoring your suggestions as I did everything you said...... thanks anyways though, Ill lock my thread up but I just like how my instructions are orgianized so can you atleast post a link from my thread so that people can follow my steps?

thanks bro
I told you not to unplug or switch the servos. You did it anyway. I know you are a young person and full of enthusiasm so..carry on young man!
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:23 PM
Havin some fun!
United States
Joined Jul 2008
105 Posts
Children children! No bickering! Actually I think MODFOOL did this mod last year

Edit: Whoops, Just trying to keep things peaceful. Modfly reported me and keeps changing his posts to make them nicer... Hmmmm...
Bwattie 1 is offline Find More Posts by Bwattie 1
Last edited by Bwattie 1; Feb 17, 2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwattie 1 View Post
Children children! No bickering! Actually MODFOOL did this mod last year
No child here my friend as I'm way over 50. You are the one trolling this thread with off topic banter Bwattie. I am not bickering with anyone. You come on and try to start a argument with your nonsense. Don't go away mad, just go away

What are you talking about Bwattie? Do you have a link to modfools thread? Modfool was active @ rcgroups for less than 24 hours before he was banned.

Modfool was an alias for EDF30 who was perma banned from rcgroups and came back as modfool. And as far as I know he did no such mod. I starting to think you are EDF30 or Modfool Bwattie. Please do not post anymore off topic trolling in this thread.

modfool or EDF30 or Bill did not do this mod a year ago. That is a false statement.

All I have to say is show me the link!

Bwattie is just trolling and trying to start an argument.
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2010, 08:35 PM
Up Up and Away!
Joined May 2008
1,928 Posts
hey modfly, you mad at me? I think your a great guy, and thanks for helping me

btw speaking of flight reports, I find out that anything between 30-40 flap deflection is good. try it
Old Feb 17, 2010, 09:00 PM
USA, OH, Akron
Joined Dec 2006
15,360 Posts
Quote:
hey modfly, you mad at me? I think your a great guy, and thanks for helping me

btw speaking of flight reports, I find out that anything between 30-40 flap deflection is good. try it
Not at all my friend. I was only trying to give you some constructive criticism. I did say...Carry on young man! that is a good thing and is not bickering.
Last edited by modfly; Feb 17, 2010 at 10:32 PM.