Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKK View Post
(4) T-Pro MG90S 9G Metal Gear Servo 1.8kg / 13.4g / 0.10sec
http://www.hobbypartz.com/servo-mg90s.html
Personally, I wouldn't fly this plane with those servos. You are asking for trouble IMO, even if you don't fly hard. Servos are one of those items I'd rather spend the most money on when it comes to outfitting an airframe. I would go with something a bit more reliable in this plane, like the Hitec HS-65mg or better, such as the Savox 0255mg. You're only going to notice the big price tag when you buy them, but a few months down the road you'll be thanking yourself as you're still enjoying quality performance.

"The bitterness of low quality stays long after the sweetness of low price wears off."
Motojunk is online now Find More Posts by Motojunk
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 01:52 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,018 Posts
It only takes one fried cheap servo to total an airframe.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
Last edited by AeroKen; Today at 01:58 PM.
Old Today, 02:11 PM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
406 Posts
Just ordered mine. wahoo
Gregertman is online now Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Today, 02:18 PM
Joined Jul 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunk View Post
Personally, I wouldn't fly this plane with those servos. You are asking for trouble IMO, even if you don't fly hard. Servos are one of those items I'd rather spend the most money on when it comes to outfitting an airframe. I would go with something a bit more reliable in this plane, like the Hitec HS-65mg or better, such as the Savox 0255mg. You're only going to notice the big price tag when you buy them, but a few months down the road you'll be thanking yourself as you're still enjoying quality performance.

"The bitterness of low quality stays long after the sweetness of low price wears off."

I will order one of the servos you listed! thank you!

Will the motor and esc combo alright?
BLAKK is online now Find More Posts by BLAKK
Old Today, 02:40 PM
Fly it 'till it breaks.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined May 2011
617 Posts
I don't have any personal experience with those components, but I have heard people on these forums that are happy with the Sunnysky motors and ZTW brand ESCs. I think they would work just fine. The servos are just too critical to skimp on IMO, as they directly affect how the plane handles, and as AeroKen said, it only takes one to fail and you could lose your entire airframe, be it from stress, wearing out, or just poor performance. Save those budget servos for the foamies that you can glue back together in a few minutes :-)
Motojunk is online now Find More Posts by Motojunk
Old Today, 02:40 PM
United States, CA, Heber
Joined Sep 2012
1,208 Posts
Im using the 0255s and I have no complaints
jk6672 is online now Find More Posts by jk6672