HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2015, 06:22 PM
United States, LA, Houma
Joined Jun 2008
1,587 Posts
so happy the test went well,looks great on the water.
igotit is offline Find More Posts by igotit
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2015, 09:22 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
517 Posts
Thanks igotit

Feeling really good about the project right now. Seeing her on the water has really given me even more incentive to get the rigging and yards on her!

All this frigate talk has me fired up about that too

Jerry, I like the drop gate idea! . I can hear me already. "Really, dear, we can fit the kids and all kinds of stuff in it. A very practical family car"

Best
Tim
TBowman is offline Find More Posts by TBowman
Last edited by TBowman; Mar 20, 2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 06:48 PM
Joined Aug 2012
517 Posts
Stripped the hull of its loose parts so I could get the cannon hardware mounted to the bulwarks and have unobstructed access to the deck for some other stuff.

One last coat of red after making all the mounting holes

Eyebolts and rings are installed

Will make the hooks/racks for the gun tools. Have also added some small things to the hull exterior.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 09:01 PM
Joined Aug 2012
517 Posts
Something I've been meaning to do for awhile. Added some cross braces to the headrails and also a small area of grating. This will be weathered when everything else is.

Painting the head rails and also her name will be next along with the gun tool hook installation.

Tim
Old Mar 26, 2015, 05:23 AM
Paratrooper
Eubank Kentucky
Joined Nov 2007
885 Posts
From what I have been able to learn, this was the location of the SHIP'S HEAD as well. I modeled a two holer on Surprise.
Paratrooper is offline Find More Posts by Paratrooper
Old Mar 26, 2015, 07:11 AM
Joined Aug 2013
210 Posts
Are you planning on having scale crew aboard? If so, maybe you need one crew using the 'seat of ease'.

Just for dreaming at this time...In lieu of a box truck for your frigate, why not a boxed-in trailer to avoid any lifting.
Gammon Iron is offline Find More Posts by Gammon Iron
Old Mar 26, 2015, 09:56 AM
Joined Aug 2012
517 Posts
Hi Ray, yep, and its where the term "head" comes from on a boat or ship. Surprise has more room up there the Scorpion so just wanted some grating, not the seat. The hole wouldn't have been over the water. The crew will have to make do hanging over the head rail. : )

Gammon, won't have a guy there but I do have some other fun ideas for crew placement. : ) My brother in law has offered an enclosed trailer for use but starting to think like Dan.....maybe living on a lake is the way to go. : ) Role the launch trailer out to the water, or better yet, a boat house with a hoist! ah, that would be nice.

That is a big model in that picture!

happy sailing
Tim