Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:04 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,492 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
Discussion
Was this the excellent radio?

Was this the 'excellent' radio sold on here. The seller clearly misrepresented if this really was sold as excellent.

Seller give the guy his money back!!!!!!!! Not really my business but things should be done well here.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=893334

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806132
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Last edited by 4*60; Jan 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:37 PM
USA, WV, Parkersburg
Joined Jun 2007
914 Posts
Trader Rating: 67
You said it best, "not really my business"
Garrett1234567 is offline Find More Posts by Garrett1234567
Old Jan 12, 2013, 02:54 AM
Pennsylvania, USA
Joined Sep 2008
359 Posts
Trader Rating: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Was this the 'excellent' radio sold on here. The seller clearly misrepresented if this really was sold as excellent.

Seller give the guy his money back!!!!!!!! Not really my business but things should be done well here.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=893334

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1806132
+1. I followed that thread with amusement. The picture was so bad that the seller posted it was almost impossible to see all of the typical Futaba 9C bubbling chrome syndrome but I thought I saw some of it after enlarging the picture. When I saw the new ad and the clear pic on RCU I was shocked that the original seller listed it as "excellent condition"! The radio looks like crap and I understand now why the buyer was so ticked off! Of course this is just another example of the problems you can encounter here with "resellers", especially the ones who just buy stuff without even checking it out and then resell it right away.
crazy8s is offline Find More Posts by crazy8s
Old Jan 12, 2013, 05:16 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Sydenham
Joined Jan 2012
6,577 Posts
Trader Rating: 119
I can't guess or assume that the top post where the radio that is mentioned, is the bubbled one,
as the seller states in the the second quoted thread....

"Guys almost 3 weeks ago I left for vacation but before I did, In Radio section I sold two futaba 9c radio's one of the buyers on RCG said it was a 9c for helis "

He does clearly state he had more than one radio for sale ,so I don't understand really why this was started ..just to start more ramblings and get people fired up?

Anyway just my understanding from reading EVERYTHING provided in this thread and the two mentioned above

Unsubscribed
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:07 AM
LOOK MOM! TEN THUMBS!
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Aug 2009
471 Posts
Trader Rating: 52
Here we go again!
desertdweller is offline Find More Posts by desertdweller
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:26 AM
some call me macgyver....
United States, OK, Shawnee
Joined Feb 2012
726 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
That was taken care of. Now its just beating a dead horse. I think this needs to be closed and dropped. The 2 guys worked it out case closed no reason for this thread.
bethelflier8036 is offline Find More Posts by bethelflier8036
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my son is cancer free
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:53 AM
2 Fast 2 Low & 2 Loud
United States, CA, Winchester
Joined Nov 2011
3,047 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
I think the only benefit from this thread is for many of us end user buyers to realize there are people here who feed off of the classifieds. They care little about what they buy and sell, concerned only with the $ they can make buying fair condition and selling it as excellent and not knowing what it is programmed for... This is a much different seller than the user who has upgraded and is looking to rehome their radio or plane or whatever.
I know a lot of you resellers will cry out at this so go ahead, knock yourselves out, it won't change how this old trader sees it.

Stuff like this is leaning me further and further away from the classifieds.
scootrb4 is offline Find More Posts by scootrb4
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:28 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,492 Posts
Trader Rating: 19
I don't think they 'worked it out' too well. I think it serves as a reminder that one person's excellent could be another's junk, so pictures are very important when trading. I had a similar situation a while back and Paypal took care of me and the seller got the radio back. That was the best resolution IMHO. Anyway some good comments above.
Close the thread??? Not at this point.
I honestly think that a reminder of picture being worth a thousand words , is good.
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 12, 2013, 12:46 PM
WITCH HUNTER EXTRAORDINAIRE
USA, FL, Boca Raton
Joined Feb 2001
833 Posts
Trader Rating: 103
"no cookie no nookie"
bushpilotx1 is offline Find More Posts by bushpilotx1
Old Jan 12, 2013, 03:20 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
375 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
It is easy to take a clear picture and digital cameras are cheap - you can get basic ones for $15 to $20. When I see a fuzzy, dark or non-existent picture I always wonder what the seller is trying to hide. For years a certain auction site has said the first thing you need in order to sell is get a camera; pictures there are required (and free) now. I'm looking at a couple of auction items right now that I want (need0 to list but I can't because when I shot the pictures last night they were a little fuzzy and dark. I won't list them 'til I reshoot in a little bit.

Clear, detailed pictures help and cover both the buyer and seller - there are no surprises...
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:21 AM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,236 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
That picture shows up perfectly clear on my monitor. I can plainly see the bubbling chrome.
topforce is offline Find More Posts by topforce
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:43 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
375 Posts
Trader Rating: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by topforce View Post
That picture shows up perfectly clear on my monitor. I can plainly see the bubbling chrome.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1796385
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1794730
JimStanmore is offline Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Housecleaning Time
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:25 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
Nvm
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 13, 2013, 10:50 PM
USA
Joined Feb 2002
1,236 Posts
Trader Rating: 77
AAAnnnd those pictures are pretty bad. I wouldda asked alot of questions before buying,, but at the price,, it was a great deal even with bubbling chrome.
topforce is offline Find More Posts by topforce
Old Jan 19, 2013, 09:03 AM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
567 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
++1 what scootrb4 said. I like buying from the classifieds, but getting more more cautious. For me, if the communications are the least bit fuzzy, turn and walk away ( cuz there's usually a swap meet in a weekend or two!)
hook57 is online now Find More Posts by hook57