HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by karlik, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:21 AM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Discussion
Is it just me, or is xmas being abused?

Sure seem to be a lot of posts from people with 1 to 4 total post count asking things like "do you hear about" and pushing a new product or web site.
Or am I just a little touchy after having christmas stuff on display at every store since mid october?
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:42 PM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
I often wonder that myself, especially when the user has a low post count. If ann active member of the community builds a better mouse trap I may be interested. But someone just breezing through hoping to make a buck, I take it for what it is worth.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:09 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Why is this thread in electric heli's?
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:12 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Because the thread for the $45 neck strap, and the round gyro, and all the other spam is in this forum.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik
Old Dec 01, 2012, 05:07 PM
United States, NH
Joined Nov 2012
72 Posts
Probably just spammers trying to get website hits, I report all the ones I see.
DaveNH is offline Find More Posts by DaveNH
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:43 AM
Get to the choppa!
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Sep 2012
358 Posts
Really? had to move it? It was in the same forum as the spam it references. Sometimes this website deserves a good facepalm. Too many people trigger happy with the report button. Cant just move on.

Another spam popped up, about a gyro. My "friend" has this anyone seen it, lol with 2 posts.
RFDelie is offline Find More Posts by RFDelie
Old Dec 02, 2012, 12:51 PM
unlicensed helicopter nut
Berkeley, California
Joined Jan 2007
3,699 Posts
Do you imagine you're the only people in the history of RCG who have noticed that resellers and manufacturers post threads to invite interest in their products? Kept within limits, their posts are within the forum rules. (yes, those; why not read them?)

This thread is off-topic in the electric heli's category and so was moved to the appropriate category. As has been pointed out recently in another thread, RCG is unique because it has a category for stuff like this; a little gratitude may be in order.
zen@lanset.com is offline Find More Posts by zen@lanset.com
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:50 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
well alot of people i know are a little more on the edge because of christmas. i asked them why they said cause they are seeing christmas stuff come out so early. they think the stuff should come out at the beginning of december. i agree with it. what really irratated me this year i heard christmas music in a local store in end of october beginning of november. really. why so early. thats why i barley go out to places this time of the year. thats why i shop online ofr stuff anymore. i get tires od hearing christmas music more and more early every year.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:51 AM
Joined Dec 2012
0 Posts
I have just joined and I just realised I might look like one of these! Pleasing not guilty though. It's good to be here :-) I think forums are open to spam all year round, didn't think Christmas made things any worse but Im not an expert!
dsmith10 is offline Find More Posts by dsmith10
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:10 PM
Joined Dec 2012
4 Posts
Christmas does seem to come out earlier every year. I can remember 4 years ago working retail and they had Christmas decorations out before Halloween. I thought that was way to early to have everything setup, but that's what the corporate office wanted.

I also remember seeing something a week or two ago where a family of 4 doesn't do any Christmas presents or over the top decorations. It was the fathers idea.
jezebell is offline Find More Posts by jezebell
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:12 PM
why am i here???????
United States, OR, Oregon City
Joined Mar 2009
714 Posts
i still dont know why they push christmas so early in the year. does it help sell more stuff or are they just bored. start about the end of november and go from there. stuff get out of hand quick. i ended up quitting my job about mid of november cause of this and other things about the people i worked for. the first week in december i leave home to go visit some friends before christmas cause thats the only tim i have i can meet them. well i asked for that week off almost a year in advance. multiple times. they would not give it to me. i asked them why a few weeks ago. and they told me cause they need help setting up christmas stuff. and its been set up for close to a month. so on black friday this year i quit in the best way i could think of. so i called my boss and told him to stuff it in the middle of the store as loud as i could and walked away after that. Shortly after i did that i went back to get some stuff and i found out he quit a few days later due to how i embaressed him that night. i still laugh about it everyday.
traxxas13 is offline Find More Posts by traxxas13
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:45 PM
United States, NJ, Frenchtown
Joined Mar 2003
9,073 Posts
We need to DOUBLE our wages soon. Why ?

Because next year will have 2 Christmases.
cyclops2 is online now Find More Posts by cyclops2
Old Jan 01, 2013, 03:31 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,826 Posts
The retailers have ruined Christmas if you ask me. They have pushed sales earlier every year for at least the past 10 years. I can remember when Christmas wasn't mentioned until after Thanksgiving. This past year, I saw Christmas decorations up in a few stores before Halloween! In fact, this year, I decided to boycott the retailers that opened on Thanksgiving day. The "reason for the season" has all but been forgotten for too many folks. My job as a delivery driver for UPS has pretty much sucked the joy out of Christmas for me over the last 25 years. To see firsthand how materialistic people have become, with their excessive spending just sickens me. By the time December 25th gets here, I am so worn out from the 60 hour weeks and sick of it all that I can't even enjoy the day. I am truly hoping that when I am able to retire in a few years that I will be able to step away from the retail madness and, once again, find joy in spending Christmas with my family.
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member