Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 01, 2012, 08:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Discussion
Brisbane Parkflyers

Hey guys, I usually go out with a friend flying in big parks around Brisbane and have run into many other people flying too. Just wondering if there are any people on here that either frequent Murrarie bike park or Deagon Sports grounds on a regular basis. I'm usually lucky to run into other flyers when I randomly go out and end up having good conversations with them.

I fly the dynam spit, durafly t-28/corsair, starmax f16, art-tech f14 and a couple of fun fighters at these parks, no issues so far with the locals although yesterday an older guy showed up with a dynam me262 which ended up crashing near some people and the battery caught fire! Luckily it crashed about 35m away from pedestrians That plane was probably too big to fly in a local area and drew alot of attention from the blue smoke pouring out of the crushed battery.
Mesher is offline Find More Posts by Mesher
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2012, 10:19 AM
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,371 Posts
How annoying, I wanted one of those Me262's for Fathers Day but they were sold out. Today I heard one fella I know bought one and blew it up using light weight electrics and now I find out some peanut bought another one and killed it, trying to fly it in a park
twang is offline Find More Posts by twang
Old Sep 03, 2012, 07:10 PM
Nup, I got nothing!.....
Gold Coast, Australia
Joined Jun 2007
2,174 Posts
Hiya, murrarie is a nice big area, but very close to tmac so I was always worried about tx frequent conflict. Maybe not so much of a issue with 2.4gHz?
evo62 is offline Find More Posts by evo62
Old Sep 04, 2012, 05:11 AM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
No problems on 2.4ghz, I use a turnigy 9x
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:20 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
I'm new to this site so first off I'd like to say hello.

Secondly, I fly on the occasion with my lil 64mm rafale at the softball fields up at Redcliffe. The sports grounds at Deagon look like a good place, large area when they are not in use. Is there any other places on the north side?

I'm always looking to meet people to have a fly with as well as talk about the all important build of the planes. As I am relatively new to the hobby.

RC
RCcrashin is offline Find More Posts by RCcrashin
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCcrashin View Post
I'm new to this site so first off I'd like to say hello.

Secondly, I fly on the occasion with my lil 64mm rafale at the softball fields up at Redcliffe. The sports grounds at Deagon look like a good place, large area when they are not in use. Is there any other places on the north side?

I'm always looking to meet people to have a fly with as well as talk about the all important build of the planes. As I am relatively new to the hobby.

RC
Not sure where else is good on northside, Deagon is good on a Sunday arvo after 4pm, usually minimal amount of random ppl walking dogs and will usually run into a fellow flyer or two!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
In that case I may have to come down one Sunday afternoon. I fly on a 2.4gHz Futaba 7c so I don't think I'll conflict with anyone.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Should be all good mate, I'd be more worried about Magpie season and our planes getting attacked hah!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:54 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Yeah this is true. Might have to load up some missiles
Old Sep 11, 2012, 05:36 AM
Alpha Whisky
Queensland - Australia
Joined Jan 2006
274 Posts
Parkflying

How`s all the legalities of this? I would have though the killjoys would be queuing up to crush this quicksmart .....?

Alan W
AlphaWhisky is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWhisky
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:04 AM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWhisky View Post
How`s all the legalities of this? I would have though the killjoys would be queuing up to crush this quicksmart .....?

Alan W
You would think so but local's are fine as we don't make any noise and only fly when no one is around, either early morning, middle of the day when it's too hot or very late afternoon close to sunset. The Deagon sports ground is right next to the PCYC with cops coming past all the time and so far no one has said anything. We don't fly anything heavier than 1.2kg's and I'm pretty sure they can't do anything unless it weighs more than 4-5kg's? The biggest plane that gets flown there is a probably around 1400mm wingspan warbird.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:04 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Unsure to be honest Alan, all in all a fair question. I've flown on the beach here at Redcliffe and had all the unit owners out for a watch. They enjoyed the flights and requested I come back the following weekend.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:07 AM
Joined Apr 2012
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCcrashin View Post
Unsure to be honest Alan, all in all a fair question. I've flown on the beach here at Redcliffe and had all the unit owners out for a watch. They enjoyed the flights and requested I come back the following weekend.
Yeah I find most people don't see any danger in it and like to watch. I mean, we have those crazy parachute kite surfer dudes practicing on the field some days, they could potentially take out a crowd if the wind picked up and dragged them across the field yet we think nothing of it coz we don't think too much about it.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:36 AM
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesher View Post
Yeah I find most people don't see any danger in it and like to watch. I mean, we have those crazy parachute kite surfer dudes practicing on the field some days, they could potentially take out a crowd if the wind picked up and dragged them across the field yet we think nothing of it coz we don't think too much about it.
lol, Yes they get up some speed and some height the nutters I think it's a "common sense" thing. We keep the larger/heavier planes for flying fields empty paddocks ect. Little foamies for a bit of fun in the park, hence "park flyer".
Old Sep 11, 2012, 06:50 PM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Jul 2012
117 Posts
One of my mates lives near there, I've flown at the sports grounds with him a couple of times. It's a good area, nice and open and very little in the way of things to run into. Also the normal pedestrian paths are a good distance away. It can get rather windy though.....
klaw81 is offline Find More Posts by klaw81