HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by wamsy55, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:08 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
16 Posts
it's so amazing, too perfect!
vivicky is offline Find More Posts by vivicky
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2012, 03:14 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivicky View Post
it's so amazing, too perfect!
What is ?
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Jul 12, 2012, 10:36 PM
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Moved over to RF6 also, using the following Tominator's 50cc SLick_AV:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16742

Had to change the battery pack type to get the correct power. Flying pretty good now but still seems tame on Pop Tops.
Reaper802 is offline Find More Posts by Reaper802
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:41 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Has RealFlight dropped its price since 6 came out ?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:33 AM
United States, MN, North Mankato
Joined Feb 2011
4,588 Posts
Nopedy nope.
Alex Schauer is offline Find More Posts by Alex Schauer
Old Jul 13, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, MD, Lexington Park
Joined Jun 2002
438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper802 View Post
Moved over to RF6 also, using the following Tominator's 50cc SLick_AV:

http://www.knifeedge.com/forums/down...=file&id=16742

Had to change the battery pack type to get the correct power. Flying pretty good now but still seems tame on Pop Tops.
I changed that setup from 10S to 12S and now it feels more like my 59". On 10S it seemed a little sluggish.
Reaper802 is offline Find More Posts by Reaper802
Old Jul 14, 2012, 11:40 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,388 Posts
Rolling harrier tip?

Can anyone give tip(s) for learning rolling harrier? I see the stick movements but I'm wondering if there are tips to help learn. (E.g. To knife edge I read, with canopy facing left stick towards the rudder. Belly facing, stick to the nose. Or in hover, nose toward the landing gear.)
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Jul 15, 2012, 01:01 AM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,720 Posts
Everyone does it differently. But I tend to time everything off the KE position. That is I sort of pay most attention to the KE position coming up. As the plane begins to up roach KE I am thinking of pulsing the throttle and hitting the rudder to control the plane's direction. No elevator in KE means straight rolling harrier. Add elevator to push the plane right or left

That is what I M "thinking ". About The upright and inverted happen of course but I just don't really think about that. I am paying attention to timing everything off KE position
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Jul 15, 2012, 02:04 AM
Registered Addict
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
There is some really good info on Rolling Harriers by the KM have a look here >>Click<<
Last edited by Kris...; Jul 15, 2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: cos i can
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:09 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,095 Posts
I used the canopy as my point of orientation. I still do at times on a new plane or a fast rolling plane. I added the appropriate elevator stick movement when the canopy was facing the ground. That gave me my starting pinpoint for the stir.
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom Vision+ tips
Old Jul 15, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, CO, Fort Collins
Joined Dec 2010
301 Posts
For me the best thing that helped me learn rolling harriers was using the sim on low rates and a larger model. Try the Extra 330L DC if you use RF6.
tacdriver is offline Find More Posts by tacdriver
Old Jul 15, 2012, 03:14 PM
United States, IL
Joined Apr 2012
1,388 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacdriver View Post
For me the best thing that helped me learn rolling harriers was using the sim on low rates and a larger model. Try the Extra 330L DC if you use RF6.
I planned to try that, just didn't know which plane was best to practice with. But my stupid pc freezes a lot. Processor just can't keep up anymore.
3flyguy3 is offline Find More Posts by 3flyguy3
Old Jul 15, 2012, 08:57 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3flyguy3 View Post
Can anyone give tip(s) for learning rolling harrier? I see the stick movements but I'm wondering if there are tips to help learn. (E.g. To knife edge I read, with canopy facing left stick towards the rudder. Belly facing, stick to the nose. Or in hover, nose toward the landing gear.)
1) SLOW rolls....
2) 4-point rolls....

LOTS of them....then just slow down your airspeed to harrier and you'll already be 90% of the way there...!!

Also, you get to choose which way you want to learn to roll (first)....most of us learn one direction first, get pretty good at it...then start picking up the other rolling direction.....Keep in mind, if you want to learn to torque-roll, that rotation goes LEFT.....

I did not think of this....and at some point, I could do basic RIGHT rollers....but could not torque-roll when hovering......because that rolls LEFT.....once I started picking up TR's....then left rollers started to come around....OK...that's it, the secret's out....that's about as much as I can roll now......not like those cool kids..yet.... but I'm working on it...
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:10 PM
Team 3DHS
Nashville , Tennessee
Joined Jan 2009
5,471 Posts
Like Bivens said Slow Rolls and 4 point rolls are great maneuvers to practice to learn rollers. Pick a direction that you are comfortable with rolling and stick with it for a bit. Rolling harriers take a lot of practice and patience. I would recommend learning High Alpha Knife Edge, belly in and out, along with upright and inverted harrier also.

Do not rely on just a stirring motion either, learn to actually fly the airplane at each attitude and not throw stick movements at it in a certain order.
It just takes practice ...
wamsy55 is offline Find More Posts by wamsy55
Old Jul 15, 2012, 09:37 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Apr 2010
4,415 Posts
Yes...well said....the "stir" is only important to illustrate hitting the "next" direction....BUT you are FLYING it in each orientation...so the amount of stick movement and throttle coordination are all important...just "stirring" is not all you need.....FLY it in all of the individual orientations...once you can do that, your brain will start putting it all together.
Bivens is offline Find More Posts by Bivens
RCG Plus Member