HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, GA, Lawrenceville
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
now get it built for Saturday maiden.. !
Gotta go to walmart and buy a table to work on.
livinma1 is offline Find More Posts by livinma1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:18 PM
Lawrenceville, GA
Joined Mar 2008
3,599 Posts
i got one I can loan ya. 6ft Field table.
bigmoebbq is online now Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:58 PM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
170 Posts
will one of the 3d fomies flue like a regular plane? I mean level without a nose up attitude?
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:01 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
i got one I can loan ya. 6ft Field table.
I appreciate it Chris.. Actually on my way out now to get dinner with the wife for our anniversary (with the kids) no babysitters down here yet and then off to walmart to get a table. Do you have any weights.. I didn't bring those along when I moved down.I need to weigh down the foam while it dries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie View Post
will one of the 3d fomies flue like a regular plane? I mean level without a nose up attitude?
Hey Pal.. yes sir they fly like regular planes. Twisted Hobbys stuff flies better then regular planes.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:35 PM
This is NOT a TOY?
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Jul 2011
2,539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinma1 View Post
I need to weigh down the foam while it dries.
The last two foam planes I built... I just used lipos... but that's just what was handy.
They're certainly not in short supply around my place
C_Watkins is online now Find More Posts by C_Watkins
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
Hey have any of you used the twisted 100g motor. Any idea of the 3s specs. Watts, amps on any prop.

I am looking at the larger SBACH and want some extra power. Thanks.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
Joined Jun 2003
7,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Watkins View Post
The last two foam planes I built... I just used lipos... but that's just what was handy.
They're certainly not in short supply around my place
Good Idea. I do have some 6s 5000s I can use. Umm where are my lipos.. In of of to 50 plus boxes ..Thanks for reminding me I have to go look for them now.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:54 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
Hey guys... just an FYI.... Hobbypartz.com has 2s GenAce 25c 450mah lipo's on sale for $2.72/each. That's pretty cheap in my book. I just ordered a dozen to have on hand for my 32" planes.
Here is the link if you want it.... http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-2s1p.html
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:06 PM
Joined Jul 2012
152 Posts
Yes, i just got 10 of these myself, work great. If your interested in doing multiple charging, check out epbuddy.com
markl22 is offline Find More Posts by markl22
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:10 PM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
937 Posts
Good page Mark. I just got a similar set of cables for parallel charging. I'm going to have to break down and buy another charger I think... I do have an ac/dc charger, so I can take it to the field and charge off my car, but it can't hurt to have another or just a backup.

Here's a question... if you're going to go flying, and want to charge all your batteries up beforehand, how far in advance do you charge them? I've never check to see if they lose charge or not really... I do it the day before usually.
JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Jan 2009
399 Posts
That shouldn't be a problem and usually there is not allot of discharge but it depends how much you love your packs.

Generally you do not want to leave a lipo charged for a long period, not good for the cells.
Slats! is offline Find More Posts by Slats!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 12:21 AM
Registered Addict
United Kingdom, Stoke-on-Trent
Joined Jul 2010
5,247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post

Here's a question... if you're going to go flying, and want to charge all your batteries up beforehand, how far in advance do you charge them? I've never check to see if they lose charge or not really... I do it the day before usually.
Some good info here should tell you all you need to know

http://uterc.org/files/LipoStorageTips.pdf
Kris... is offline Find More Posts by Kris...
Old Sep 22, 2012, 05:00 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
That's a handy link Kris. I've seen that table on storage temperature before but I've got it downloaded now, thanks. I've got to admit I'm a bit lazy when it comes to lipo care. I try to not charge them after the last flight of the day but if they happen to be charged when I get home I tend to leave them that way if I know it's not going to be months before I go fly them. Storing them at a lower temp could probably be the answer for me, though you do have to make sure you allow them plenty of time to warm up again. Flying them straight from the fridge could ruin them just as much as leaving them charged at room temp. For me it comes down to a matter of convenience, I often don't know when my next flying session will be and it often comes in at a moments notice. I want to be out there quick when the chance comes.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:23 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,616 Posts
Hey stuball
Ran through all my subscribed threads so started poking around and wound up here. Been following your Polaris build. Sucks about the crash.

Saw a CY a couple weeks ago with lights. Nice bird. Have an original 3dEPP.COM yak and love it. But its showing its age. Its been riden pretty hard.

I think I am going to pull the trigger on a new CY and see how it goes. Is there a dedicated CY thread or is this it?

Allen
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:26 PM
Work....fly, repeat...
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Joined Jul 2008
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JForbes View Post
Hey guys... just an FYI.... Hobbypartz.com has 2s GenAce 25c 450mah lipo's on sale for $2.72/each. That's pretty cheap in my book. I just ordered a dozen to have on hand for my 32" planes.
Here is the link if you want it.... http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-450-2s1p.html
Says banana plugs. Need jst. Who has best price with jst and non-Hyperion balance taps?
Thanks
AeroRecon is offline Find More Posts by AeroRecon