HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2013, 11:11 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
LOL I think it has something to do with spell check, but what do I know After I edited the post 4 times or so, after I added to the post it finally left all four letters in caps. If I only typed in LMAO and submit it. It would leave the first letter a cap and change the next three to lower case
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:08 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
it's a riddle for sure.....................it's like a conundrum, inside of an enigma, wrapped up in a furry blanket of.....................I don't know what. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:51 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
it's a riddle for sure.....................it's like a conundrum, inside of an enigma, wrapped up in a furry blanket of.....................I don't know what. LOL.
Stop doing Joe Pesci Rich . . ..LOL
demondriver is online now Find More Posts by demondriver
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Introducing The "Demon-Claw"...
Old Feb 15, 2013, 02:09 PM
James L
Beck Row Mildenhall
Joined Mar 2009
794 Posts
I think the Jaguar's conception was in about 1963-64 and the first flight in 1968 the first production model was in 1972. It is remarkably appropriate that Rich is building this 1:7 version in Canada as that way with a single builder it retains its Anglo French connections. I hadn't realised that Rich was going with scale timings as well but that just makes it worth the wait as there is no doubt that time spent developing these things is always repaid in the end in terms of fit and finish.

So Rich keep up the good work.
TANGOSIERRAROM is online now Find More Posts by TANGOSIERRAROM
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:11 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
well, I was born and raised in England and now live in Canada, so I guess you are right about keeping it Anglo French. LOL.

and yes, I'm going as far as scale actuation of control surfaces, scale outline, scale internals, scale trim and just about anything else you can imagine. it sounds like a pain in the butt, but in actuality, I'd already started designing it that way and then I got the maintenance manual. then I saw that the original engineers were thinking exactly how I was and it was simple to make a few small mods to what I did to make it scale internals too. I even came up with a few ideas to change the full size to make it better, but not like that matters much anymore. LOL.

this plane will be done at some point this year. hopefully in time to actually fly it before the snow flies again at the end of the year. it would be even better if I could get this done for the summer, but that's highly unlikely to happen, unless something in my life drastically changes soon.

Rich
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:23 PM
James L
Beck Row Mildenhall
Joined Mar 2009
794 Posts
Well you could go for the ACT version http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/research...-demonstrator/
TANGOSIERRAROM is online now Find More Posts by TANGOSIERRAROM
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:33 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I thought about that for the extra wing area. if the stock version doesn't fly well, I may well just go that route.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:10 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,614 Posts
6Foot CNC JAg-Cat

Rich I want your opinion Sir, If Me & Silverfox can make our New CNC RC kits work do you think a CNC'ed 6-Foot Long Jaguar-Like Kit could work I mean would it sell?

Here are some renderings I cooked up On Sketch-up of My Jag-Cat
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:13 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I'm not sure. there seems to be some interest, but not a lot. Green Air Designs sold a small version a few years ago, but pulled it due to it not being very popular. I think you'd sell a few if you made them. not sure how popular they'd be though. hard to predict. I think you'd have more success with an EE Lightning and a Hunter and perhaps a Buccaneer. deffinitely the first two though. a twin 70mm, or a twin 90mm Typhoon would be very popular, if it was cheap enough.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:14 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
love the CAD work by the way.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:16 PM
ich bauen groß modell flugzeug
United Kingdom, London
Joined Dec 2010
6,829 Posts
Hey rich any progress on the big Banshee?
Keenan smith is offline Find More Posts by Keenan smith
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:19 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
love the CAD work by the way.
Thanks Rich, I've been becoming WAY more acquainted with Cad since I've met SilverFox, CNC'ed Kits are the future, it simply takes to long for me to make these by hand and sell them, I will sell 4-5 handmade Airliners a year but I could possibly sell Hundreds of CNC'ed Kits with SilverFox.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:19 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
nope. too much life going on for that right now.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:22 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by demondriver View Post
Thanks Rich, I've been becoming WAY more acquainted with Cad since I've met SilverFox, CNC'ed Kits are the future, it simply takes to long for me to make these by hand and sell them, I will sell 4-5 handmade Airliners a year but I could possibly sell Hundreds of CNC'ed Kits with SilverFox.
agreed. I mean, the society we live in wants things yesterday, which means most don't want kits anyway. hand building sucks, cause you'll never recoupe your money that you put in with time and materials. it's why these Chinese companies have gone to die casting foamies. it's quick, cheap and easier to get money out of the initial investment. if you could get into CNC foam cutting, it's the way to make a lot of money with minimal investment. the kit would need minimal build time to get it airworthy.
Old Feb 23, 2013, 11:24 PM
Up-Out-&-Gone
Charelston SC U.S.A.
Joined Mar 2007
15,614 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenan smith View Post
Hey rich any progress on the big Banshee?
Big Banshee? Huh? Rich you've been holding out on me!
RCG Plus Member