RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,134 Posts
Discussion
Hobby-Lobby Pilot-1 PA-12 1/8 Scale ARF

ACW812 Pilot-1 PA-12 1/8 Scale ARF

A great flying Piper that isn't a J-3
53-1/4" wingspan, 39-1/2" long, 360 sq. in. wing area, 34 oz. flying weight. The baby brother to our 1/4 scale PA-12, one half the size but retains the fun and great scale looks. All laser cut balsa and plywood construction, pre-built and pre-decorated, can be assembled and ready-to-fly in a matter of hours. Covered in genuine Oracover for great looks now and in the future. Step-by-step photo illustrated instructions will guide even the relative novice through the build process to a successful conclusion. While not suitable for the complete novice, the little PA-12 is a very easy to fly airplane. It does not exhibit any bad tendencies and is totally predictable in flight performance. Flight times of 15 minutes plus are the norm. While not an aerobatic airplane, the PA-12 is capable of loops and rolls and inverted flight (not something you would try in a full scale one). Includes pre-bent and assembled landing gear, fiberglass cowl, steerable tail wheel, windshield and side glass, wing struts, wheels and hardware pack. For 4-channels: Ailerons (2 channels), Elevator, Rudder and Throttle. A radio with end point, exponential, and rudder mixing is recommended.

For more information click HERE

Use this thread to discuss any and all things related to Pilot-1 PA-12 1/8 Scale ARF
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:27 PM
Where's the lift?
United States, WA, Snohomish
Joined Mar 2001
2,873 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on this one. I couldn't resist that way-cool scale color scheme (dark red on cream, yeah, baby), and the superb scale fidelity. Much more accurate than the Aeronca Champ from Pilot 1, IMO. They got the cowl right, and the gear legs and windshield glass and the overall proportions seem spot-on.

Can't wait to see what this one looks like close-up. I'm thinking E-flite Park 450. So, am I the first in line here?
dgliderguy is offline Find More Posts by dgliderguy