Jan 15, 2013, 02:27 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
75 here but windy
It's a chilly and wet 50 degrees here today. But it doesn't matter as it's gonna be another 16-17 hour day for me. Going throug hell here at work.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 15, 2013, 02:44 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Cold here... 18* at home and 0* in the town up the mountain where I go to school. Not loving it!
Having lived in Illinois, I feel for you brother, I really do!!! It's 50* here right now, and to me any more, that seems cold....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jan 15, 2013, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm View Post
It will come... but you'll just have to be very patient!

I think I've decided the opposite of you - I prefer electric power even if it sucks a little to use two batteries at a time on my 71" Slick. The hassle of gas just isn't worth it to me but that's mainly because I don't know squat about gas engines and I don't have a burning desire to learn... I just want to fly.
I thought gas was a real hassle until I recently got one. Only a few spots of oil on the wing and I'm still running break in dino mix. Double flight times, power just as nice. 14-16 flights per gallon($6). 15 minute charge after 6 flights. back to back to back flights in the summer.

No can't keep it in the car at work all day, but I'll keep my electrics for that. But when I go to the club, that's about all I fly.

Gas is a great value for 50cc and up. I love my 87!
Jan 16, 2013, 10:32 AM
Yep.... I already know my next plane will be an 85" - 90" gas .... no doubt. Love my electrics but this landing every 5 minutes is getting redundant

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj View Post
I thought gas was a real hassle until I recently got one. Only a few spots of oil on the wing and I'm still running break in dino mix. Double flight times, power just as nice. 14-16 flights per gallon($6). 15 minute charge after 6 flights. back to back to back flights in the summer.

No can't keep it in the car at work all day, but I'll keep my electrics for that. But when I go to the club, that's about all I fly.

Gas is a great value for 50cc and up. I love my 87!
Jan 16, 2013, 06:21 PM
My replacement rudder showed up today in perfect shape except... No control horn. Sent off an email, hope to get an answer.
Jan 16, 2013, 08:57 PM
I "may" have a spare set....I'll check....if so, I'll send them to you...

SteveT.
Jan 16, 2013, 10:21 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Just a quick shout-out to my buddy Bill (Just turned 70) who did his first low sustained hover today. He has been practicing for a long time and all his hard work and fun paid off.

The 71" Slick is probably the best 3D trainer on the planet!

P.S. Check out his cool new spinner and 23x8 (Wow) prop:
Jan 16, 2013, 10:32 PM
Very cool Marty!! Pass on my congratulations to Bill!! What motor is Bill using to spin a 23X8 prop?

SteveT.
Jan 16, 2013, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper802 View Post
My replacement rudder showed up today in perfect shape except... No control horn. Sent off an email, hope to get an answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
I "may" have a spare set....I'll check....if so, I'll send them to you...

SteveT.
Sorry, I checked, and don't....

SteveT.
Jan 16, 2013, 10:37 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed View Post
Just a quick shout-out to my buddy Bill (Just turned 70) who did his first low sustained hover today. He has been practicing for a long time and all his hard work and fun paid off.

That is awesome... and he doesn't look 70
Jan 16, 2013, 10:39 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT. View Post
Very cool Marty!! Pass on my congratulations to Bill!! What motor is Bill using to spin a 23X8 prop?

SteveT.
I will Steve and thanks!

He has a Hacker A60-6XS on it. Tons of power with his TP 65 batteries. Very impressive on such a light plane.

Jan 16, 2013, 10:40 PM
TEAM TWISTED
Quote:

Just awesome... everything about it! Very cool! Hope to live to be 70, flying well on top of that would be truly a blessing.
Jan 16, 2013, 10:41 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
That is awesome... and he doesn't look 70
He is young at heart and 3D flying is actually good for him. Or so he says!

Jan 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING CIRCLE View Post
Just awesome... everything about it! Very cool! Hope to live to be 70, flying well on top of that would be truly a blessing.
Amen brother!

Jan 16, 2013, 10:48 PM
Gone Huckin'
Quote:

Now that's cool!!

Quick Reply