Jul 05, 2011, 02:57 AM
Cruising at 399ft AGL
I like the looks of the new larger ones... One thing I see in those pictures is that the placement of the mic should help with wind noise!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 05, 2011, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timetec
Thank you very much - I'll keep my fingers crossed

The camera board itself is absolutely fine, minus it's cmos module :

Richard
Email digitalele999@gmail.com, with the pic and model etc.
She says she will do her best to help you
Jul 05, 2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau
I like the looks of the new larger ones... One thing I see in those pictures is that the placement of the mic should help with wind noise!
the mic seems highly sensitive still, though wind noise from itself won't happen , the body will create noise. Am actually thinking in "dressing" its body too..

I think you guys miss the point : the knob and the key can be easily replaced , they are just "inserted in slot" , so can be replaced with "addon"s .
Jul 05, 2011, 05:12 AM
Fish eye lenses.

I have searched and researched this thread and come up with three variations of fisheye. A YouTube review says this one http://www.dealextreme.com/p/15mm-de...-cameras-39814 comes out well, but it has a 15 mm OD magnetic mount and my 0.67 mount is only 13mm. (The reviewer mistakenly says they are the same size?) There is also this one http://www.dealextreme.com/p/fe-50-1...-cameras-15239 which has a 13mm mount, but didn't do as well in the YouTube review. (Though may have been as much to do with the camera he had the lense mounted on?) And this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Has anyone got experience of the latter two lenses. Like I say I have searched the thread and can't find any test video with either of these lenses. Ta very much!
Jul 05, 2011, 06:16 AM
hi, just bought the #11, and i've seen it is hot during the use (not charging but while filming) is it normal?
thanks
Jul 05, 2011, 06:32 AM
Here is an update on my #11. I bought in December 2010. The battery now depletes in less than 20 minutes of use. Oh well, I can either buy another camera, solder in a new one, or keep complaining.
Jul 05, 2011, 06:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Here is an update on my #11. I bought in December 2010. The battery now depletes in less than 20 minutes of use. Oh well, I can either buy another camera, solder in a new one, or keep complaining.
Don't think my battery ever lasted much more than 20 mins from day 1.
Jul 05, 2011, 06:57 AM
Great Southern Land
If you were running it as a car cam I presume the battery would remain charged if it is left connected via the car charger into the cigarette lighter socket?

Kev
Jul 05, 2011, 06:58 AM
Fly Like A Thing Posessed!

Fourth of July Night Flight With 808HD #11

Thought you guys might find this interesting... this is a great look into just exactly how well the 808HD #11 responds to low light, with a nice picture in picture comparison with my KPC700DNR FPV camera. Frankly, I love what the keycam did for the city lights, looks really beautiful. Hard to spot the scattered fireworks activity but that's due to the distance and not the fault of the camera. And speaking of cameras, didn't that KPC do a fantastic job in the fading light? Wow, I was way impressed. :-)

EasyStar FPV 7-4-11: Fourth Of July Night Flight Flown With DragonLink! (12 min 35 sec)

Anyway, enjoy! :-)

Rick NR417
Jul 05, 2011, 07:38 AM
I use it as hat cam.

QUOTE=Berkie;18676990]If you were running it as a car cam I presume the battery would remain charged if it is left connected via the car charger into the cigarette lighter socket?

Kev[/QUOTE]
Jul 05, 2011, 08:54 AM
Tom, and Kev
I have used it now for 6 months and really like MEP 17 + and thir support staff a lot .. I don't use the fancy stuff in it.. but the work flow from start to YT Post is quick and easy now. I clip out a lot of stuff, and it keeps the sound and video in sync well.. simply Dragging an overlap between clips instantly fades the two in a blend that is just fine..etc.. I saw it at Fry's again the other day with a $50 off coupon but I doubt there are Fry's Electronics stores in AU..

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1429419

for more info..on it and a couple others.
Regards, JimS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank
Kev, you can download the program and try it (fully functional!)for free for 2 weeks (and can extend another two weeks, I think). Then if it is something you want, you can buy it on liine at a major discount.

MEP17+ can do SOOOOoooo many things with both video and audio... I barely have used it's power. One of the things I am getting fine tuned is using a vignetting filter to brighten the darkened corners and edges the #11 cameras have. Each camera has it's own vignetting pattern, and you can make the filter mask with the camera so its a perfect match. Then MEP can use the mask to not only correct the brightness in the darkened areas, but also the contrast, gamma and individual RGB intensities to virtually wipe out the vignetting effects! The only thing that makes it more difficult is that the cameras vigentting effects changes with the exposure level of the video. So the necessary mask to give best image correction throughout an entire video usually changes as well. So one mask may not be the best in all scenes. Bright sunny days need a different mask that darker overcast days, for example. But this mask correction can VERY visibly improve the poor lens quality in the #11.

Anyway, download it from here and take a look. Make sure you get the MEP17 PLUS version, not just MEP17. With your background, you might want to also look at the VideoPro X3 editor if you have lots os $$$$
Jul 05, 2011, 11:08 AM
AMA #903699
My #11 velcro'd to the underside (flipped 180 in QuickTime) of my cap has become a good learning tool. Here's a screen grab from some recent landing practice.

To become a better instructional tool, I need to add the cockpit audio and look into more battery life. 40 minutes of battery only records about half the lesson. I'm working on those additions this week.

More to follow. Great camera, great thread. Thanks! Tony
Jul 05, 2011, 11:14 AM
hi all

I've made cheap&small gimbal from 5$ HK pantilt L-size and two Hextronik MG servos.
whole gimbal with the keychain weights approx 50g.

Let me show you my balls ;) (2 min 57 sec)

FPV Egg on vacation (13 min 9 sec)
Jul 05, 2011, 11:17 AM
AMA #903699
Quote:
Originally Posted by cholo
hi all

I've made cheap&small gimbal from 5$ HK pantilt L-size and two Hextronik MG servos.
whole gimbal with the keychain weights approx 50g.
Nice video and music!
Jul 05, 2011, 11:19 AM
Drifting off the reservation..
Getting closer to what I want with this one. Still working on smoothing of flight technique, and waiting for that big, long duration thermal flight. Still need to remove timestamp. Forgot to null out the sound so......

******BE SURE TO TURN DOWN THE VOLUME!*******

Wingcam 1 Flight4 (5 min 34 sec)

Quick Reply