Always more to Xplore
near Sacramento, CA
Joined Aug 2010
783 Posts
Discussion
Pilot and Plane Safety forum

Forum Name: Pilot and Plane Safety

Category: Aircraft - Sailplanes

Description: This forum is for discussing safety topics that relate to both pilot and sailplane safety.

Justification: There is no forum which covers this topic.

Among the topics that I envision this forum covering include flying field safety, procedures to minimize as many preventable accidents as possible, discussion of club and AMA safety plans and safety rules, and an open discussion of real world safety-related experiences that can be a benefit to the safety of other RC pilots.

If this forum is approved, as a kick start I would plan to seed the forum with several topics. Examples include club safety plan ideas and pilot checklists for minimizing preventable flight failures. Here are several examples to illustrate my own commitment to RC flying safety. In January of this year after reading on RCG about a spectator killed at a slope soaring site in Germany I decided to do some research and develop a Safety Plan outline that other RC Flying clubs could use to create their own Safety Plan. I posted the results of that work on a website here.

Another example is the starting of what turned into a very good Club Safety Thread in our own club RCG club forum. And the most recent safety thread I started in our club forum has to do with safety as it relates to sailplanes themselves (as opposed to pilot safety).

While we're waiting to hear about whether this new forum will be approved I plan to start several safety threads in the Aircraft - Sailplanes - Sailplane Talk area to get things rolling.

Any questions let me know or send me a PM or email.

Chris B.
SoaringDude is online now Find More Posts by SoaringDude
to remove ads between posts