Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 12:27 PM
RC Reviews & Tx Setup Guides
United States
Joined Sep 2007
3,492 Posts
Master CP Setup Guide

I added the TX setup guide for the Master CP in my Walkera TX/RX Setup Guides Sticky.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1325037

Direct link to it:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...8&postcount=33

Thanks pmerritt and zadaw for the help with the owners manual.

Tom
Tom Z is offline Find More Posts by Tom Z
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:23 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Thnx
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
Old Sep 05, 2012, 02:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
771 Posts
Do the main blades have the thicker root like the V200D03 or do they have a thinner root like a T-rex 250?

These could make good replacements for the carbon V200 blades since they're so darn expensive.
TucsonFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TucsonFlyer
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:01 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post
Do the main blades have the thicker root like the V200D03 or do they have a thinner root like a T-rex 250?

These could make good replacements for the carbon V200 blades since they're so darn expensive.
Sorry, i can't answer this question because i've never seen that heli up close and personal.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:30 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Even if it could. You need a tailassembly than also. Not sure if you can find one which will fit the Master CP.
Was thinking more along the lines of using it in a 250 clone. Could someone maybe just plug a servo into that port and see what it does? If it's a throttle signal then it's just a PPM signal that should drive a servo.

Also has anyone checked the "not used" ports to see if there's any output from those?
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:12 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Was thinking more along the lines of using it in a 250 clone. Could someone maybe just plug a servo into that port and see what it does? If it's a throttle signal then it's just a PPM signal that should drive a servo.

Also has anyone checked the "not used" ports to see if there's any output from those?
That would be interesting.
I got a 250 clone too. If it works, then I just have to get the FBL head to convert it and a Master CP Rx.

Let me know if you discover any good findings.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Sep 05, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:09 PM
los angeles,ca
Joined May 2010
2,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonFlyer View Post

I was using $2 woodies on my v200 from hobbycool.
The cheapest stock blades come from MM $14 a set when in stock
vronny is online now Find More Posts by vronny
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:45 PM
R.C. Aviation Fanatic
Canada
Joined Aug 2009
20,479 Posts
Looks like a set of blades for this are 5.99
Razors edge 29 is online now Find More Posts by Razors edge 29
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
That would be interesting.
I got a 250 clone too. If it works, then I just have to get the FBL head to convert it and a Master CP Rx.

Let me know if you discover any good findings.
Need to know how the tail motor output works first and what it does when you put a servo into it.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:56 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,140 Posts
Quote:
Need to know how the tail motor output works first and what it does when you put a servo into it.
OK, I just pulled the trigger.
The BEST Master CP deal (out the door) I could find, & he's got 100% feedback. I got my Devo8S from him too a while back.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271041382498...84.m1439.l2649

Anyway, I will check if "that channel" is usable for tail servo, try to do the mods on the 250 clone just like you were thinking. But I'm hoping that you will get an answer first before I do, so pls PM me, otherwise, I'll PM you.
What prompted me with the idea is this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=7607
Which is a bonestock: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...arehouse_.html
If things looks good, then I would have to get this: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=24975
And extra Master CP Rx/FBL gyro.
- Spyro
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Sep 05, 2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:48 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
I flew another 4 packs today at the small soccer field that I normally fly. I flew my V120D02S side by side for comparison. There was a moderate wind today and the Master CP definitely handled it much better than the V120D02S and was more stable throughout. As far as the pitching up that I thought I saw yesterday, I am now almost it is the 6 axis gyro making a correction. I often had to apply down instead of up elevator to pull the heli through a turn. This is not as apparent with the 6 axis gyro on the V120D02S. With experience, you should be able to adjust to it quickly but some may not like it. It may be possible to be adjust this with the gyro sensitivity but I can accept it as it is at the moment.

The biggest surprise today was with the flips. I only did a few full flips yesterday but I managed to do many more today. They were much faster and tighter (more axial) than those done on the V120D02S and the Mini CP. I also saw what Tony mentioned where the flip seems to be faster at the end. I don’t think this is necessarily a bad thing for beginners because many crashes occur at the flip when the heli does not have enough power to pull through. The risk of that is increased if the flip rate is slow. So the 6 axis gyro on the Master CP is definitely different to that on the V120D02S.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 06, 2012, 06:53 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:

I checked with an extra Walkera servo and it will not work with the tail motor port. There does not seem to any output from the used ports either.

The diameter of the main shaft appears to be 3.0mm. It may be possible to use V200D03 parts and vice-versa.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 07:53 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,698 Posts
It should be possible to design a simple converter so that you can control a servo through the tailmotor port.
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
It should be possible to design a simple converter so that you can control a servo through the tailmotor port.
There are probably better Walkera receivers available such as the receivers for the V200D03 and V450D01.

It flew better today then yesterday, probably because I was using my regular field. It flies more like the Mini CP than the V120D02S which is much faster. It may be the ideal heli for you. Just give it a bit more time so that we can check out any potential issues with this heli.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:23 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,756 Posts
You guys are good salesmen. I just ordered one as well.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk