HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2011, 11:55 AM
Danmark, Hovedstaden, Kvistgård
Joined Jun 2010
39 Posts
Question
How to program flaperons into the ER9X?

Hello Rcgroups.com
I have recently aquired me a programming card for my 9X, and flashed it with the ER9X. But i can't figure out how to make flaperon mixing.

The way i would like it, is to have a percentage of the mix allowed, which is controlled by a knob. That means that turning the knob will make the ailerons go down according to how much i turn the knob. Hope that someone can assist me in this matter.

- Dareeude
Dareeude is offline Find More Posts by Dareeude
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2011, 09:33 PM
Suspended Account
Panorama City, CA
Joined Sep 2004
5,566 Posts
I am talking on the original program.

Activate flaperon program. Enter correct value, either positive or negative travel value for correct aileron direction.

That is all you need to do. No knob. Just use aileron stick.
John Kim is offline Find More Posts by John Kim
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 07, 2011, 02:17 AM
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Jun 2010
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareeude View Post
Hello Rcgroups.com
I have recently aquired me a programming card for my 9X, and flashed it with the ER9X. But i can't figure out how to make flaperon mixing.

The way i would like it, is to have a percentage of the mix allowed, which is controlled by a knob. That means that turning the knob will make the ailerons go down according to how much i turn the knob. Hope that someone can assist me in this matter.

- Dareeude
sorry, I'm no expert. I can't figure out a good way to do what you want. There's probably a way by adding another mix under your aileron channel using the pot, and the offset, but I wasn't getting done what I wanted.

This is a flaperon mix I have set up on the ID switch. It gives 50% and 100%
the setup uses channel 4 and 5 for the ailerons.
Kalikikopa is offline Find More Posts by Kalikikopa
Old Jul 07, 2011, 03:51 AM
Joined Jun 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kim View Post
I am talking on the original program.

Activate flaperon program. Enter correct value, either positive or negative travel value for correct aileron direction.

That is all you need to do. No knob. Just use aileron stick.
I'm not going back to the original firmware, but thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikikopa View Post
sorry, I'm no expert. I can't figure out a good way to do what you want. There's probably a way by adding another mix under your aileron channel using the pot, and the offset, but I wasn't getting done what I wanted.

This is a flaperon mix I have set up on the ID switch. It gives 50% and 100%
the setup uses channel 4 and 5 for the ailerons.
Thanks, i'm gonna flash it soon
Old Jul 07, 2011, 03:49 PM
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Jun 2010
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareeude View Post
I'm not going back to the original firmware, but thanks for the reply.

Thanks, i'm gonna flash it soon
you can open up that eprom up in eepe, then open yours up and copy and paste the mixes to your model, then flash it to the radio
Kalikikopa is offline Find More Posts by Kalikikopa
Old Jul 07, 2011, 04:02 PM
Joined Jun 2010
39 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalikikopa View Post
you can open up that eprom up in eepe, then open yours up and copy and paste the mixes to your model, then flash it to the radio
I know but i just looked the mixes up on the firmware you send me and incorporated it into my already pretty complex model, thanks a lot. I will try and see if i can make a mix that utilizes the pot
Old Aug 11, 2011, 05:52 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2010
602 Posts
I have a flaperon set up that works fine. I am running aileron servos on channel 1 and 6, and the main mixer screen says:

ch1 100% ail
+ 75% P3 x<0
<other channels>
ch6 100% ail
- 75% P3 x<0

The x<0 part is selected under 'curves' in the submenu for the mix. It makes sure the ailerons never go up by disabling the upper 50% of the pot travel from being counted.
meshyx is offline Find More Posts by meshyx