Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 02, 2012, 01:09 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,793 Posts
Hey any of you guys flying the "NEW" v450 can you tell me more about the new dip switches on the new RX? They don't run off the 6 axis system right? Pretty sure not. But just thought i would ask since it came up elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradheli1 View Post
Even though I have lots to learn, I thought I might just go ahead and get my Gaui X5FBL, but I still haven't found anyone that seems to have stock, or a good selection of parts that I can count on to support this bird. I'm extra worried as I live in Canada and even longer shipping to my place.

So isn't it risky to step into an X5 with this limited support in North America? At least I can buy my walkera parts from many suppliers and at really good prices.

Also, I'm dreading the thought of having to get familiar with another TX. Finally, I know my 2801 like the back of my hand. If it ever gets too worn out, they are cheap to replace. Is it too silly to use the 2801 with my new X5? I have really enjoyed flying all my walkeras from the same remote. Shouldn't I be stepping up better quality stuff like Futaba or something or would anyone consider using their 2801Pro?

It seems so boring to buy an Align but its probably really sensible from what I read. Parts availability, QC and prices are fantastic, all sizes available... but they just don't get me all excited like an X5 (or a 500 goblin when they get those out and perfected!)

Any advice before I get trigger finger and order a bird?
Well, most places are out of stock regularly on the X5 it seems like demand is high and production is low. If you are not able to be patient between parts orders and not fly in between. Maybe an Align would be better for you. There is nothing really wrong with Align. I've heard the 3GX system is pretty bad, but obviously better then WK. But you can use anything you want. BeastX or even Walkera's stuff. Otherwise maybe you should look into Tarrot for a cheaper clone alternative?

I plan on buying my X5 and when parts are available buying them in multiples. They are not that expensive and i don't expect to need that many replacement parts all that often with this heli. It will likely end up being all the same parts that wear out or break in a crash. Shafts, gears, tail drive gears, blades and landing skids. Stock up when you order, don't order when it breaks. Thats the only solution i can think of to a varying parts supply fluctuation.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 02, 2012 at 01:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2012, 04:46 AM
They call me plan B
United States, GA, Covington
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Intergity!!!
I really think you will like these guys flying! Oh and its an x7 , ....hit buy yet,lol

Alpine heli smackdow 2012-enrique X7 (6 min 49 sec)

Bark bark go the blades! Hmmmmmmm, i want to fly so bad! Its been raining for a few days now
Heli Biggie is offline Find More Posts by Heli Biggie
Old Oct 02, 2012, 07:38 AM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Biggie View Post
Intergity!!!
I really think you will like these guys flying! Oh and its an x7 , ....hit buy yet,lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bom5W...e_gdata_player

Bark bark go the blades! Hmmmmmmm, i want to fly so bad! Its been raining for a few days now
Great clip... Sounds like He's using Edge blades.

The laugh at 6m 26s says it all.... Either that, or they've witnessed someone flying a Walkera. Lol. Oj.
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:27 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Intergity!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bom5W...e_gdata_player

Man, that thing is just massive. It seems like it moves so slow, but it's just really big! Now if i had a whole mountain to fly next to, i might be alright. But i think someone might get scared and kick me out of my little flying spot with something this beastly. LOL, it's a good thing i have a RC field here!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:32 AM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Now im just pushing to much lol. I just found this.... It may not be worth 60 bucks to join ama but then u will be able to fly at flying fields, and have insurence on ur nice new heli! Or get a trex and use the castle discount, win win...... Happy flying , get the x7 , ull be glad you went big, u already fly the 450 , 120 great! I wish i had the inverted balls u have for the heli event this weekend! But i wont..... I need more sim time

http://www.ircha.org/index.php?pr=Discount_1
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:12 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Now im just pushing to much lol. I just found this.... It may not be worth 60 bucks to join ama but then u will be able to fly at flying fields, and have insurence on ur nice new heli! Or get a trex and use the castle discount, win win...... Happy flying , get the x7 , ull be glad you went big, u already fly the 450 , 120 great! I wish i had the inverted balls u have for the heli event this weekend! But i wont..... I need more sim time

http://www.ircha.org/index.php?pr=Discount_1
It would be nice. I just can't afford it. I'm having trouble getting the money for the X5, let alone the X7 that flies 12S. Thats 2 6S packs @ no less than $60 each. Walkera has screwed over my budget too much this year. I'm really way too deep into the V450 to even consider an X2, let alone an X5 or 7. I'm really, really pissed off about it too. I'm scraping together just to find a few hundred dollars to buy a Spektrum TX here soon, so i'll at least have that ready. Just in case i find some kind of side job or something. But it's not looking good for me right now. Like i said, i might be quitting this hobby all because of Walkera. At least for now.

I really doubt my v450s will sell now too. So i'm just kind of screwed.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 08:41 PM
Suspended Account
Mali, Tombouctou, Timbuktu
Joined Aug 2012
391 Posts
Most people here are from the USA, whereas I'm from the tiny overpacked island of the UK. The Women are slacker than Walkera's swashplates though which is a good thing, sort of :-D
What is this AMA? I've not read into it, is it some sort of insurance? I just fly wherever I want here, no sweat, no worries, I just tell the spectators to stand right back.

Anyway... I would like to rig an "Integrityhandywork X5 fund " just to show some appreciation and support for the Man, the genuine, the funny, the great Man, that is up ^^^^^ with His V450.

He has posted nothing but genuine, unbiased, and first class advice, and had a shite time to boot.

I for one will donate $20, commencing from next Monday, but I need ALL your support.

Come on, don't be tight, let's support the legend of the board.

Integrityhandywork; I don't wish to be condescending, but I think YOU DESERVE some peace and quality.

I would love to hear feedback via the thread, as I intend to start a new post here with words to the effect in a few days time.

Let's help Him, He's helped us....
V999D02 is offline Find More Posts by V999D02
Last edited by V999D02; Oct 02, 2012 at 08:53 PM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:12 PM
They call me plan B
Joined Mar 2011
2,135 Posts
Yep my 600 is a 12 s. I know you want to get away from walkera but i still use my 2801 tx with a 2801 rx. Less money spent, more money for heli! I have only had problems with the heli not the 2801 tx , i love that thing!

I cant give out 20 bucks ....sorry....i got 2 kids and my own heli problems lol, but good luck with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
It would be nice. I just can't afford it. I'm having trouble getting the money for the X5, let alone the X7 that flies 12S. Thats 2 6S packs @ no less than $60 each. Walkera has screwed over my budget too much this year. I'm really way too deep into the V450 to even consider an X2, let alone an X5 or 7. I'm really, really pissed off about it too. I'm scraping together just to find a few hundred dollars to buy a Spektrum TX here soon, so i'll at least have that ready. Just in case i find some kind of side job or something. But it's not looking good for me right now. Like i said, i might be quitting this hobby all because of Walkera. At least for now.

I really doubt my v450s will sell now too. So i'm just kind of screwed.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:18 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by V999D02 View Post
Most people here are from the USA, whereas I'm from the tiny overpacked island of the UK. The Women are slacker than Walkera's swashplates though which is a good thing, sort of :-D
What is this AMA? I've not read into it, is it some sort of insurance? I just fly wherever I want here, no sweat, no worries, I just tell the spectators to stand right back.

Anyway... I would like to rig an "Integrityhandywork X5 fund " just to show some appreciation and support for the Man, the genuine, the funny, the great Man, that is up ^^^^^ with His V450.

He has posted nothing but genuine, unbiased, and first class advice, and had a shite time to boot.

I for one will donate $20, commencing from next Monday, but I need ALL your support.

Come on, don't be tight, let's support the legend of the board.

Integrityhandywork; I don't wish to be condescending, but I think YOU DESERVE some peace and quality.

I would love to hear feedback via the thread, as I intend to start a new post here with words to the effect in a few days time.

Let's help Him, He's helped us....
Aww, your going to make me blush! Thank you for being so kind. But I couldn't expect people to do that. As nice as it would be to get some help, that's just kind of crazy. It's just a matter of time, hopefully, before something comes along or someone buys one of these things from me. I'll eventually drop the price on my 200 size Bell 222. I started it way high on purpose. But it got so many watchers on the first few days. I figured someone would have made a offer by now. Well one higher than $150 anyway. I can fantasize they are saving up though! lol. Honestly i wouldn't mind keeping it for myself anyway. It's freaking nice!

The AMA is the Academy of Model Aeronautics. Some local laws may actually prevent us flying helicopters without having personal injury and property damage protection. This usually pertains to bigger models. Registering with the AMA provides this as well as access to AMA flight clubs or flying fields. There are many local laws that can govern model aircraft. Weather or not they are enforced could depend on the infraction, location and weather or not anyone even knows the law exists! For instance, where i live at the AMA registered airport. The flight ceiling is 200 ft and they are probably very strict about that! But i'm not AMA registered and i can't use their airport! So i fly in a big ass open field in front of a movie theather, next to a high school and about 1000 ft from a real airport. I have to keep a 150 foot ceiling there because i've seen planes fly over me circling for the air port at around 200 ft before. The law says to always yield to real aircraft. So i doubt i can expect police to come pulling up with lights and sirens or anything. But it's good to be covered in case your X5/ X7 looses control at 200 feet and hits someones car. I suppose you could just RUN!!!!!!
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:31 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,793 Posts
Quote:
Yep my 600 is a 12 s. I know you want to get away from walkera but i still use my 2801 tx with a 2801 rx. Less money spent, more money for heli! I have only had problems with the heli not the 2801 tx , i love that thing!

I cant give out 20 bucks ....sorry....i got 2 kids and my own heli problems lol, but good luck with that.
Your kind of right. I wouldn't doubt if the 2801 hooked to the microbeast wouldn't be so bad. But you know what. IF by some chance i did have any issues. I want to know for sure it was because of something other than the WK TX or RX. I do want to get away from them. I do actually love my 2801 too. I don't think i want to get rid of it ever! If anything i can still use it with my SIM. But i honestly don't want to have something else to possibly blame them for. Could work flawlessly. Don't think i don't consider it every day! I just feel like maybe it will be more worth it to be patient this time and just start from the beginning.

Don't worry man, I know all of you guys have your own problems and kids. Which i do not have. But at least treat them to some ice cream! That's all i ask. Unless gaui them self wants to send me a X5 for an unnecessary review It might be a while. But i'll get there.

Check this out. I know we are all into the big heli. But seriously this thing looks like it's almost as big as my v450! It's got to be bigger than a Align 250, for sure. It's sooo damn fast and apparently very precise too! Watch this guy tear the hell out on a Gaui X2:

Gaui X2 - Team Gaui Canada Alvin Chai In the COLD Canadian weather. MAD SKILLS!!!!! (3 min 5 sec)

Biggest issue i can see with the X2 is finding blades for it though. They are like 255mm or something. Which i'm sure are not cheap.
Last edited by IntegrityHndywrk; Oct 02, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 09:23 PM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
V450 RCX upgrade...

Hi, just want to share some upgrade following my last crash, the original motor was damage, shaft bended, I agree as already mention in this thread that this shaft is like butter. Couldn't find spare for it, so I decide to change for the RCX 3600Kv, I can recommand it's a great powerfull motor for less than 10 US$.

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-3600kv-o...es-p-3493.html

I also change my cyclic servos for this one (MG9025 Digital), as I got nice experience with analog MG90S on my V400D02:

http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-mg9025-s...kg-p-4201.html
fast enough 0.09 sec, 2.5kg torque , stable, for 6.99 US$ .

I also order the RCX07-006 as spare for my tail locking servo will update you later on.
http://www.myrcmart.com/rcx-s9257-hi...vo-p-3600.html

Anybody else having experience so far with RCX parts on V450?Enjoy!
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Last edited by Madog71; Oct 03, 2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:44 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,499 Posts
Looks good.
Does the motor run cool?
Are the servos dropins?
I noticed that the first gear in the servo is plastic. It will be interesting to see how it holds up in a crash.
Thanks for the input. Its always good to have more options.
clearprop88 is online now Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:05 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
6,793 Posts
Do you guys with the Castle ESCs use the 1st or 2nd throttle port for flying?
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:04 AM
Frogfish
Malaysia, Melaka
Joined Mar 2012
35 Posts
V450 RCX upgrade...

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
Looks good.
Does the motor run cool?
Are the servos dropins?
I noticed that the first gear in the servo is plastic. It will be interesting to see how it holds up in a crash.
Thanks for the input. Its always good to have more options.
So far I didn't push it to far as I still run Newbie setup on V450 throttle pitch curve, but very moderate heat.
It will handle moderate crash or small hit without problems, but still need more flights to make a final opinion. Will update you later.
Your welcome.
Madog71 is offline Find More Posts by Madog71
Old Oct 04, 2012, 05:19 AM
Joined Mar 2012
1,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Do you guys with the Castle ESCs use the 1st or 2nd throttle port for flying?
That would be THRO1 Integrity.
I have the programing card so the 2nd throttle port on my RX2702V-D is never used.

Viking
A VIKING is offline Find More Posts by A VIKING
Last edited by A VIKING; Oct 04, 2012 at 05:26 AM.