Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 08, 2014, 04:36 PM
What place .... is this ???
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Oct 2011
1,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seearestacey View Post
If I put (2) 5,000Mah batteries in my 1680 Skywalker, the AUW is 12lbs (5.44kg) is this too heavy to fly??!
I have a 1900 wing, but I like the 1680 wing.
Also, is the best CG for the 1680 wing still 110mm from the LE? does this change if I switch to the 1900mm wing?
Thanks!
Wing loading is what will take the fun out of flying this thing, the heavier it is, the higher your stall speed will be, the harder it will be to launch (oof) the higher the landing speed will be and so on. More wing might help, I'd take a serious look at the 1900 wing and install flaps as well.
Heppy Ket is offline Find More Posts by Heppy Ket
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2014, 03:11 AM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,393 Posts
Stacey,

I take it that the rubber band mounting is just for show?

You need all 4 rubber bands for that weight and you need to put them across diagonally.
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Aug 09, 2014, 06:47 AM
Keep Calm, and Carry On...
United States, UT
Joined Feb 2012
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
Stacey,

I take it that the rubber band mounting is just for show?

You need all 4 rubber bands for that weight and you need to put them across diagonally.
Yes, I used only one rubber band just to hold the wing in place for the picture.
seearestacey is offline Find More Posts by seearestacey
Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM
Joined May 2014
3 Posts
Snapped Tail on Arrival from BEVRC

Hey all,

I just received my Skywalker carbon tail 1900 mm from BEVRC and it arrived with a broken tail - the foam is snapped along the thinnest section. I can add pictures upon request. What's the best way to fix this? I emailed BEVRC but won't hear back for at least a day. Is there some gluing that can be done?

Thanks!
David
bareju is offline Find More Posts by bareju
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareju View Post
Hey all,

I just received my Skywalker carbon tail 1900 mm from BEVRC and it arrived with a broken tail - the foam is snapped along the thinnest section. I can add pictures upon request. What's the best way to fix this? I emailed BEVRC but won't hear back for at least a day. Is there some gluing that can be done?

Thanks!
David
Pics, please. CA glue is the general fix, but recently, I have started using hot glue instead, as I find it more forgiving. You can reinforce the structure with a couple of CF strips embedded in the surface across the rupture / break line.
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Winnipeg
Joined Feb 2002
5,633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
Pics, please. CA glue is the general fix, but recently, I have started using hot glue instead, as I find it more forgiving. You can reinforce the structure with a couple of CF strips embedded in the surface across the rupture / break line.
Heavy though. That is the only downside to hot glue.
Shadrack is offline Find More Posts by Shadrack