HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:46 AM
Stubacca
Garland, TX
Joined Aug 2009
472 Posts
Discussion
BlitzRCworks F4U Corsair Review and Question

I want to start off by giving Thanks to Banana Hobby and state that they were always professional and quick to respond to me. I ordered on Thurs Aug 20th and received my plane Wed Aug 26th not bad at all for 3 Day Select. BH just made a new customer a happy one.

Here is what I found in the box.

Sorry for the bad pics, cheap camera.

Contents:
Main Fuselage w/scale pilot
Main Wing
Elevator
Rudder
Scale Wheels w/covers
Tools
Balance/Charger w/DC power
1800mah battery
2 X 3 Bladed Props (One w/decals)
USB cable for FMS (Simulator)
2.4 GHz Transmitter
FMS CD Install
Instructions (Eng)
Free BlitzRCworks neck strap
and the Infamous Weight (not pictured)

Upon opening the shipping box I found a nice, damage free display box, somehow must talk wife into keeping. Upon opening and removing parts from plastic bags, I picked up the fuse and guess what just fell right out onto the floor? You got it the Weight which thank God did not cause any damage to parts or interior workings of plane. I went ahead and followed the instructions and began building. First the gears to the wing and then the wing to the fuse. When I reached the point of attaching the elevator and rudder I thought back to all the forum chat about how hard it was to do correctly. That was an understatement The rudder fit just fine onto the elevator but try getting that rudder horn to thread the servo arm while not being able to see it once you line it up on the fuse was nearly impossible. NOTE: The tail wheel by default was turned about 45 degrees which made it all the more impossible to thread the rudder due to having to have it angled the same. I felt confident that I had threaded it and screwed it down. Charged the battery so I could check all the servos. Turned on the Transmitter (made sure throttle was at 0) and plugged the fully charged battery into the plane. It made a few musical beeps and instantly I could hear the rudder servo grinding or hanging (I don't know) so I immediately turned off and removed the rudder and elevator from fuse. Turned on transmitter, plugged in battery and now the receiver just beeps in one tone like a heart monitor over and over and the rudder servo is making a ticking or twitching sound . I tried inputting some on the ailerons but it seems nothing is responding. Probably a noob mistake but I wanted to see what ya'll thought before heading out to the RC field for some help. That aside this plane is awesome and I'm already flying in the simulator for practice .
stughagen78 is online now Find More Posts by stughagen78
Last edited by stughagen78; Aug 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:08 PM
Joined Aug 2009
51 Posts
HEY bud, sorry to hear about your problems. Typically when i reach the end of assembly, i will disconnect all the servo horns, then turn on radio and plane, and reinstall them with the radio on and center trimmed. It gives a bit of peace of mind in case the servo horns were not properly installed, so you are not stripping the gears inside or just straining them in general.
best of luck
gixxerj84 is offline Find More Posts by gixxerj84
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:45 PM
Stubacca
Garland, TX
Joined Aug 2009
472 Posts
Thanks for the info gixxerj84. Just got off live chat with BH and they say it is beeping because I didn't bind the transmitter to the plane. Whoops
stughagen78 is online now Find More Posts by stughagen78
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:47 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
I am here to assist you in any way I can. Please let me know if you have any further questions. I have built a few of these Corsair's. The rudder into the servo horn is actually pretty easy. Make sure the horn is parallel with the fuselage and make sure the rod from the rudder is in the same fashion. Upon inserting the vertical stabilizer, you can wiggle the rudder with your fingers and if it is hard to move from side to side, it is correct. If it moves freely, you have missed the servo horn. Great looking Corsair and hope to see you out flying!

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:04 PM
Joined Oct 2012
12 Posts
Just got tha corsair...only prob. Is. Rudder and taxi wheel on same servo...and they dont line up...wheel turned one way and rudder cocked way to tha left...how do i line these up correctly..? Sorry still a noob here
donjuanob1979 is offline Find More Posts by donjuanob1979
Old Nov 01, 2012, 02:01 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi donjuanob1979!

To line up the rudder with the steerable tail wheel, you can simply remove the servo arm screw to remove the servo arm (while the unit is powered on), center out your rudder trim on the transmitter, adjust the links of the rudder and tail wheel to the servo arm until they're aligned, reattach them to their respective holes on the servo arm, and then refasten the servo arm back onto the servo in the set aligned position. When refastening the servo arm screw, need not to overtighten as this may restrict travel distance due to excessive tension. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr