SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 03, 2012, 02:43 PM
Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Borås
Joined Mar 2012
7 Posts
I broke the stock (weak) 6mm cf-tube in an vertical climb (some wind that day) my second flight... ordered a 7mm squere tube and some glue
joppe1 is offline Find More Posts by joppe1
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:15 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Rolleston
Joined Oct 2011
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by presa1200 View Post
i already order PRODUCT ID: HK-SS-ARF before read your post , hope i it came 2 pieces fuselage like yours , it's should be nice if you can post pics of your plane

Here is a picture of the Bixler's undercarriage and airscoops. There are a pair of scoops on the other side too.
Mac50L is offline Find More Posts by Mac50L
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Motor cover and mount retention
Old Apr 07, 2012, 12:12 AM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2010
247 Posts
Rainbow&Seagull

Hobbyking Bixler aka Sky Surfer (6 min 5 sec)

westwood's channel www.youtube.com/user/9westwood9/

Hobbyking Bixler aka Sky Surfer (6 min 31 sec)

Hobbyking Bixler aka Sky Surfer (5 min 53 sec)

Hobbyking Bixler aka Sky Surfer (5 min 25 sec)

Hobbyking Bixler aka Sky Surfer (1 min 59 sec)
Westwood is offline Find More Posts by Westwood
Last edited by Westwood; Apr 09, 2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old Apr 09, 2012, 09:49 AM
Joined Feb 2012
3 Posts
Hi Westwood, your videos are fantastic!
May I ask you how you can fly so far? i suppose you are not flying in fpv.
And what camera are you using on the bixler? Thank you!

Johnnick is offline Find More Posts by Johnnick
Old Apr 09, 2012, 02:01 PM
Canada, BC, Burnaby
Joined Oct 2010
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnick View Post
Hi Westwood, your videos are fantastic!
May I ask you how you can fly so far? i suppose you are not flying in fpv.
And what camera are you using on the bixler? Thank you!
I am using AR600 & JRx9503 with gopro hero with 1080p Recording
no fpv gear on board

jay
Westwood is offline Find More Posts by Westwood
Old Apr 14, 2012, 02:41 AM
Joined Nov 2010
179 Posts
yahoo... I receive my HK Bixler today and it's 2 piece fuselage the box it ticked PNF now time to assemble it
bye2 Washers/weights,motor and stock servo
presa1200 is offline Find More Posts by presa1200
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:12 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
723 Posts
going to assemble my fuse,wings,rudder and ele together now......can a 5 minute Epoxy glue hold the fuse nice, strong and firm or any suggestion?....
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Apr 19, 2012, 04:27 AM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
going to assemble my fuse,wings,rudder and ele together now......can a 5 minute Epoxy glue hold the fuse nice, strong and firm or any suggestion?....
Epoxy is heavy compared to other glues.
My suggestion and what I now use is, UHU POR. It can be used as a contact glue or put it on, align the components, and weight or tape the parts and leave to dry for a short while.
The other option is CA (superglue) but with this you have to work fairly quickly and only get one chance to align the parts together.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:20 AM
Occupying RCG
United States, MS, Ocean Springs
Joined Sep 2009
1,867 Posts
May I also suggest lightly sanding all mating surfaces and wiping with alcohol before bonding, regardless of what adhesive you choose.

There is mold release film that can still be present on the surfaces, and it will lessen the strength of any bond.

Just my .02.
olthump is offline Find More Posts by olthump
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:42 AM
Joined Aug 2011
723 Posts
thanks fly & olt......
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:15 AM
Joined Oct 2011
1,095 Posts
I used Gorilla urethane glue. A bead along the inner edge so, as it foamed it (theoretically) filled/covered the whole surface area. Not necessarily the best glue to use but it worked for me and no rush to get it on and the pieces clamped together.

After gluing I taped the join with masking tape and rubber-bands while it dried. This (the tape) also helps to contain the glue within the join.

The motor mounting section - I didn't glue round this area so if the motor needs changing at any time, one side can be cut and the "cover" lifted off. That join is simply taped along the top with a short piece of masking tape, probably not necessary.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2011
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post
I used Gorilla urethane glue. A bead along the inner edge so, as it foamed it (theoretically) filled/covered the whole surface area. Not necessarily the best glue to use but it worked for me and no rush to get it on and the pieces clamped together.

After gluing I taped the join with masking tape and rubber-bands while it dried. This (the tape) also helps to contain the glue within the join.

The motor mounting section - I didn't glue round this area so if the motor needs changing at any time, one side can be cut and the "cover" lifted off. That join is simply taped along the top with a short piece of masking tape, probably not necessary.
Did you dampen the material, like in the glue's instructions or lay it on clean and dry?
npre is offline Find More Posts by npre
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:59 AM
Joined Oct 2011
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by npre View Post
Did you dampen the material, like in the glue's instructions or lay it on clean and dry?
I presumed / hoped there was enough natural humidity for it to set, and it did. So no special surface preparation.That's not to say it wouldn't be better to do so.

Where I have had glue failures has been do to miss treatment - sometimes called crashes or at least very heavy landings. Nothing like a bit of pilot error or stupidity to brighten the day...
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 21, 2012, 07:48 PM
Joined Aug 2011
723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac50L View Post

I use this for my motor mount for easy replacing/changing and adjusting the motor.
http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...product_id=108
Old Apr 24, 2012, 12:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
723 Posts
Bixler + T8FG

Im gonna fly my Bixler wt my T8FG.....so...which aircraft do I choose in the tx....Aeroplane @ glider?