HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2012, 08:50 AM
Joined Dec 2007
569 Posts
Discussion
Bruschless ESC understanding

Hi,

I have started to write my own BL-ESC firmware code for a plush 10A hardware. I know about the simonk firmware and i use it im my quadcopter, that is not the point. The point is to understand what is happening inside the esc.

So far, i have a motor turning (i need to manually push it first) and spinning up quite a bit. But this is all fixed code, i do make no measurements. I dont understand the measurement.

Is there a simple explanation on what to measure and how this standard resistor bridge and comparator thingie works ?

I have example code, i could copy it, but i dont understand it.

Edit:
Slowly i do understand i have no clue about back emf and life in general.

attachment shows my nfet and pfet control lines.
Cesco is offline Find More Posts by Cesco
Last edited by Cesco; May 17, 2012 at 02:25 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2012, 06:48 PM
Joined Jul 2010
86 Posts
Assum Digital_0 and Digital_3 are paired, Digital_0 must be plused only when Digital_3 is high.

____||||||||||____
___|--------|___

It will get motor starts too I think.

Why don't you simply have exact same probes on other ESCs.
flygear is offline Find More Posts by flygear