New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 19, 2015, 05:33 PM
Find More Posts by georgeg
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,825 Posts
Question
Mix & Match

Does anyone know if an Explorer 1, 3.5m wing will fit on a Shadow fuselage? Would the mounting holes and the D9 connector line up? Just curious.
georgeg is offline Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2015, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by wsmorton
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Aug 2006
371 Posts
Hi!
I recently mated a Shadow wing to a Zenith fuse. In my search for a replacement fuse, I considered the Explorer fuse. A gentleman on RC Groups was kind enough to send me the measurements of the Explorer saddle and they do not match the bolts or DB9 connector on the Shadow wing. I ended up adding my own t-nuts to the Zenith fuse so I could mount the Shadow wing. The thread is here. If you have the wing and fuse already, I'd go ahead and modify the Shadow fuse to accept the Explorer wing.

Scotty
wsmorton is offline Find More Posts by wsmorton
Old Oct 20, 2015, 05:05 PM
Find More Posts by georgeg
United States, CA, Bakersfield
Joined Jan 2001
1,825 Posts
Thanks. That answers my question.
georgeg is offline Find More Posts by georgeg
RCG Plus Member