New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by nakelp86
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
7,091 Posts
Is there a way to connect Mini OSD directly to the main board instead the CAN BUS?
Want to strip it from the case and rather heavy cable and mount it inside.
Any ill effects of bypassing can bus?
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2016, 10:39 PM
Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakelp86 View Post
Is there a way to connect Mini OSD directly to the main board instead the CAN BUS?
Want to strip it from the case and rather heavy cable and mount it inside.
Any ill effects of bypassing can bus?

If you have the zen muse upgrade board in your v.1 you can create a can bus connection without a pmu v.2

Can Bus Port on DJI Phantom v1 - How To Guide (10 min 46 sec)

Also, guys have de-cased the osd mini to save some weight with or without the pmu or board mod.
Dave Pitman is online now Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:02 PM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
7,091 Posts
I Have P2 V2 Zenmuse with anti interference board if that says anything )
Just looking at the can buss I think it serves just as connection for two different cables but I think there is something else embedded there too.
So I could just take the entire ribbon cable (can bus) out and plug OSD directly to the can bus port on main board.
Old Jan 15, 2016, 11:15 PM
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
3,414 Posts
Quote:
I Have P2 V2 Zenmuse with anti interference board if that says anything )
Just looking at the can buss I think it serves just as connection for two different cables but I think there is something else embedded there too.
So I could just take the entire ribbon cable (can bus) out and plug OSD directly to the can bus port on main board.
I don't have experience with a P2, but the ribbon cable is just an extension, correct? You could certainly plug the mini in inside the shell where the ribbon cable connects. You can also take the mini out of the plastic case and just put it (it is a pcb) inside a piece or shrink wrap, and reduce it's weight and bulk.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 12:34 AM
Nakelp
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
7,091 Posts
Yep, thats the plan. I have to desolder the main cable and maybe use the ribbon
Old Jan 16, 2016, 09:20 AM
United States, WA
Joined Nov 2013
3,414 Posts
Quote:
Yep, thats the plan. I have to desolder the main cable and maybe use the ribbon
sounds good!
Old Feb 12, 2016, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by Typbo_Ejuk
Joined Feb 2016
2 Posts
Battery Recovery from Phantom II, the elements of which have been discharged to 0,4V

Hello! Restores recently the battery from the Phantom II. I hope the owners of phantoms useful this information and experience.
Here's a video on the battery repair:
Восстановление Li-Po аккумулятора от квадрокоптера Phantom II после глубокого разряда (45 min 18 sec)
Typbo_Ejuk is offline Find More Posts by Typbo_Ejuk
Old Feb 14, 2016, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by skipper1
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Jan 2012
1,613 Posts
English please. Can't understand anything you are trying to say.
skipper1 is offline Find More Posts by skipper1
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by mec9900
United States, KY, Hustonville
Joined Jan 2007
239 Posts
I just purchased a used Phantom V1 and would like to change the Tx throttle to spring centered. Does anyone have and old Tx that would have the part I need?
mec9900 is online now Find More Posts by mec9900
Old Feb 15, 2016, 10:54 AM
Find More Posts by Typbo_Ejuk
Joined Feb 2016
2 Posts
I connected each cell to the charger, and began to charge a small current - 0.5A to slowly withdraw it from the state of deep discharge. Battery provide quality and began to revive.
Typbo_Ejuk is offline Find More Posts by Typbo_Ejuk
Old Feb 15, 2016, 12:16 PM
Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Cinematographer
Joined Jun 2013
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typbo_Ejuk View Post
I connected each cell to the charger, and began to charge a small current - 0.5A to slowly withdraw it from the state of deep discharge. Battery provide quality and began to revive.
OK. I now understand.

Did your charging source back feed voltage into the smart chip?
Burntpixel is offline Find More Posts by Burntpixel
Old Feb 15, 2016, 03:16 PM
Find More Posts by Fly Too High
Previously Fly Or Die
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
With the sale currently going at DJI, I was curious of a question that might have been asked in the past. I'd really like to get a Phantom for flying largely through the live video stream to my phone and usage as a camera platform. What model would you guys recommend for that? I have been looking at the standard and advanced, and standard seems to have some significant features missing if you want to fly it beyond a certain distance, but seeing as most of my flight experience has been line of sight aircraft, I've never really messed with remote video feeds before. What would you guys recommend? The price of the Standard is of course tempting, and if there are ways to extend the video feed quality and range, I might be tempted to jump in.
Fly Too High is offline Find More Posts by Fly Too High
Old Feb 15, 2016, 03:50 PM
Find More Posts by Buzz
Forever WTTM Pilot #7
Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
Joined Aug 2002
16,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Too High View Post
With the sale currently going at DJI, I was curious of a question that might have been asked in the past. I'd really like to get a Phantom for flying largely through the live video stream to my phone and usage as a camera platform. What model would you guys recommend for that? I have been looking at the standard and advanced, and standard seems to have some significant features missing if you want to fly it beyond a certain distance, but seeing as most of my flight experience has been line of sight aircraft, I've never really messed with remote video feeds before. What would you guys recommend? The price of the Standard is of course tempting, and if there are ways to extend the video feed quality and range, I might be tempted to jump in.
Try to see if y ou can locate a Phantom FC-40. Frequency is 5.8ghz and the included camera runs wi fi at 2.4ghz. I have an app on my Ipad that allows me to fly and look at the pad screen to get FPV.
Buzz
Buzz is offline Find More Posts by Buzz
Old Feb 15, 2016, 04:05 PM
Find More Posts by SpeedRacerXT
Overlord of the Aether
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Jan 2015
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Too High View Post
I wound up getting the P3S as I ran across a special $100 discount off the $500 new price. I like it a lot, takes great video esp at the 2.7K. For me this works because I don't really have a need to fly beyond LOS. I'd say if you really want to be video flying out of LOS range then go for the Advanced. They have aftermarket range extender kits for the P3S but once you figure in the cost you would have been better off to just get the Advanced. Plus the Advanced has the excellent Lightbridge technology.
SpeedRacerXT is offline Find More Posts by SpeedRacerXT
Old Feb 15, 2016, 04:24 PM
Find More Posts by Fly Too High
Previously Fly Or Die
Joined Sep 2011
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXT View Post
I wound up getting the P3S as I ran across a special $100 discount off the $500 new price. I like it a lot, takes great video esp at the 2.7K. For me this works because I don't really have a need to fly beyond LOS. I'd say if you really want to be video flying out of LOS range then go for the Advanced. They have aftermarket range extender kits for the P3S but once you figure in the cost you would have been better off to just get the Advanced. Plus the Advanced has the excellent Lightbridge technology.
How good is the live video feed on the P3S?
Fly Too High is offline Find More Posts by Fly Too High