HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:25 AM
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
Help!
Extra parts for Hobbyzone Champ?

Hello everyone!

I ordered 2 days ago the Hobby zone Champ coz i have read that this is the best beginner plane. Am i right?

I'm completely n00b in remote flying so i might be crashing all the time !

I have read so many posts about which battery and glue so I'm more confused then before.
I have some questions, hope you guys will help me:

1. Which battery is best and strongest for the Champ? and do not require to buy extra charger.

2. Which parts do i need to buy for the start? wing? tail?

3. Which glue and tape is the best for the Champ?

Hope to get some answers, maybe in the future i will answer you guys.

Thanks!!

BTW, sorry for my bad english.
Maor404 is offline Find More Posts by Maor404
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 06:40 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
The stock battery is fine. For glue you should use foam-safe CA glue. Tape-scotch tape will work fine. Best parts to buy at first would probably be a motor shaft, propellors, and the tail. The wing and fuselage can be glued but the tail is too delicate and you might glue the hinges shut, which is bad. Good luck!
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:02 AM
United States, KY, Booneville
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
LOl I agree with RC, I learned the hard way I have fell in love with CA glue, while out flying last night i acidently hit the tail from the bottom and the little piece came out. No biggie Ill just put it back in and puts some CA on it to keep it from doing it in the future you know Pre Maintenance lol WRONG obviously was not thinking before I done it...... I had to break the bond so I could control her but it was a fun.. I love the Doh what are you thinking moments...
medic45 is offline Find More Posts by medic45
Old Aug 22, 2012, 08:06 AM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
618 Posts
On foam to foam parts I like hot glue. It's a bit flexible and sets up quickly.

I also like the Turnigy nano-tech 160mah 1S 25~40C Lipo Pack from Hobby King only $1.47.
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 09:54 AM
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
Hi guys, thank for the help!

RCAddict16, thanks i will order them too. but all the safe foam glue are CA but which company to buy?

wayfaringdreamer, thanks it is really good price. do this battery require another charger? to buy another one?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:28 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
you can use the stock charger for the nanotech batteries. You can also order the foam safe CA from Hobbyking to save on shipping. Just make sure it is "thin" foam safe CA. Put the cracked parts back together and drip the glue on it. Be careful not to put the glue on and then put the broken parts together because it dries in a few seconds. Good luck! I have included links to the batteries and glue- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FEtc%5F.html

Glue- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5FSafe%5F.html
Last edited by RCAddict16; Aug 22, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 10:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
RCAddict16 great thanks !!!!

what kind of RC planes do you have?
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
what kind of hot glue? My wife has a few for her crafts so I might cabbage on 1 of them...lol
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
medic45 LOL
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:20 AM
United States, PA, Middletown
Joined Sep 2011
618 Posts
Low temp hot glue works. As stated the turnigy 160 mah batteries will work in stock charger.

The Champ is what got me hooked on RC!
wayfaringdreamer is offline Find More Posts by wayfaringdreamer
Old Aug 22, 2012, 11:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
wayfaringdreamer thanks for you help, really thanks!

So i want to order the products from Hobby King but there are no spare parts over there.
This will make me to pay twice for shipping. :/
Is there another place to buy all of this products together?

Thanks for the help again.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
I have a micro sukhoi, 32" 3d foamy, parkzone large T28 and Spitfire.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
RCAddict16, are you going to war?!
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
I am looking at getting my parts from hobbyzone.com for the same reason. HK doesnt have the Champ specific items and since its a HZ branded product they have all the parts needed. If you have a local Hobby Town USA close they also or the ones around here carry all the champ parts. Hope this helps.

As far as hot glue goes ive done snatched one of the wifes hot glue guns are the sticks that she uses what i need or is that something i can pick up at walmart? and if so what kind? i understand the low temp but is there anything else i need to look for??
Old Aug 22, 2012, 12:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
407 Posts
Rc how hard is it to go from the Champ plus significant Phoenix time flying both the Apprentice and the T-28 and about 45 min on the Apprentice at the field to the T-28? I really dont have alot of room around where I live to fly the Apprentice due to its size or not that Im comfortable with anyway! I am wanting to get the T-28 because its slightly smaller and may fit the areas closer to my home. I picked up the PZ P-51D for giggles just to see if I was remotely ready and lets just say 1st trip out nosed it in WOT, glued her all up and didnt pay attention to Prop (rookie mistake) and it didnt have much power (duh it was bent lol) so all my parts came in put her back together took her out last night man she screams since it was very close to dark i brought her in and awesome belly slide but ummm IM TERRIFIED OF HER... lol