HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 23, 2012, 11:48 PM
Joined Feb 2012
2 Posts
Discussion
seagull zero fighter

Recently aquired a seagull model the "zero fighter" I purchased it already assembled with a brand new Saito 72. I checked the CG per the insructions 6-8 cm from the leading edge. I've found it to be unbelievably tail heavy. has anyone had this problem.
P38PATRICK is offline Find More Posts by P38PATRICK
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 01:06 AM
Lacona, NY
Joined Dec 2009
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38PATRICK View Post
Recently aquired a seagull model the "zero fighter" I purchased it already assembled with a brand new Saito 72. I checked the CG per the insructions 6-8 cm from the leading edge. I've found it to be unbelievably tail heavy. has anyone had this problem.
I don't have the plane however, I really like Seagull and owned quite a few of their airplanes in the past. They (Seagull) gives us nice models for what we pay for, meaning we get a good bang for our buck.

Move everything towards the nose, battery, RX etc. Did you ballance the aircraft upside down? All bottom wing aircraft must be ballanced inverted.

You can add lead weight on to the firewall, but it's always better in my opinion to just move all the electronics forward- as far forward allowed possible.

Hope I helped. So far there doesn't seem to be a "Tech Update" for this model yet from Horizon Hobby. So I'm not quite sure if they were off with the CG and haven't read anything yet that said they were off on the CG. That doesn't mean there is though, if you know what I mean.

Nice Plane! Love to "bash" it one day!

Pete
Oberst is offline Find More Posts by Oberst
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:32 PM
Jacksonville Fla.
Joined Mar 2007
2,215 Posts
If this airplane is the 70 in wingspan....then a Saito 72 is way under powered and therefore then engine is too light making you tail heavy......the engine recommended is a 75 to 91 2 stroke.....or a 91 to 1.25 4 stroke.....
jetmech05 is offline Find More Posts by jetmech05
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:38 AM
Lacona, NY
Joined Dec 2009
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetmech05 View Post
If this airplane is the 70 in wingspan....then a Saito 72 is way under powered and therefore then engine is too light making you tail heavy......the engine recommended is a 75 to 91 2 stroke.....or a 91 to 1.25 4 stroke.....
Oh I missed that little information. That makes very good sence. It does make a bit of difference to have the right engine for our planes.

Thanks Jet.

Pete
Oberst is offline Find More Posts by Oberst