SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2011, 07:54 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
If it is the same as the Blaster 3 wing which I think it is, It should be anywhere between 80-90mm Mine is sitting at 88... ish right now.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2011, 09:07 PM
Cottonwood Heights
Joined Jul 2005
168 Posts
Thank you very much!
thecirque is offline Find More Posts by thecirque
Old Feb 07, 2011, 09:25 PM
hass-alfed and bass-ackwards
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jun 2008
5,302 Posts
The guys in AZ have found that somewhere near the center of rear wing screws is a pretty good spot. If you're new to soaring, or DLG, you may want to start 5mm or so in FRONT of the rear wing screws; then move that back as you get more comfortable with the plane. If you're REALLY good, (like C.Mo), you can go a few mm BEHIND the rear wing screws.

FWIW, My Blaster2's CG is about halfway between the center and the front of the REAR wing screws.
carlsoti is offline Find More Posts by carlsoti
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:25 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
+1 on what Jeremy and Tim said. Start at about 85mm on the B2. Fly it there and then slowly work back to about 88-90. Mine came "alive" and flew best for me right there. Any further back was too hot. Any further forward was too cold. Goldilocks says 88-90 is juuuuust right...
like.2.fly is offline Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:19 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
815 Posts
Wendover

Well, it's a bit away, but I'm brainstorming. IF we were going to do a demo for the Wendover Air show, would there be a decent number of DLG pilots interested? What would be the best way to do a spectator demo? Have the announcer announce for ALUD? Deep thoughts?
Adrian and I have done a combat demo for the last 2 years, but it seems there's a lack of interest with the combat pilots. Plus, lately I'm all about the DLGin'!
I know there's a lot going on this summer, with the Presidents day fly in, the Red Rock Challenge, Civil War, BSOUT, etc. BUT, I thought I'd at least throw it out there.... I seem to like doing that often; you know... Throwing it out there... eh eh... Like flipping the bird... get it?
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Feb 08, 2011, 07:50 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Alex, what's the venue like in Reno? would we be flying over pavement or grass? How close is the crowd to see what is going on/ overhear us explain what we're doing? It could be an excellent venue for promoting the hobby, but I wouldn't want to fly over concrete/blacktop/tarmac
Fishjunky is offline Find More Posts by Fishjunky
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:04 PM
Always Twirling for Freedom!
Utah, planet earth
Joined Mar 2009
815 Posts
It's ROUGH... busted up WWII runway... at least that's where he had us fly last year. Right in front of the annnouncer's booth. I'm going to do some research and see if there's a different area to fly over...
P.S. It's in Wendover... 5 hours closer than Reno!
Extremeace is offline Find More Posts by Extremeace
Old Feb 08, 2011, 08:52 PM
a.k.a. Bob Parks
Glendale, AZ
Joined Jun 2008
2,334 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremeace View Post
... What would be the best way to do a spectator demo?
AULD, and have the announcer keep talking until a thermal passes through!

BP
bbbp is offline Find More Posts by bbbp
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:44 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Quote:
It's ROUGH... busted up WWII runway... at least that's where he had us fly last year. Right in front of the annnouncer's booth. I'm going to do some research and see if there's a different area to fly over...
P.S. It's in Wendover... 5 hours closer than Reno!
Wendover... sheesh guess I've been up too long. Hmmm busted up runway sounds rough unless you're good at hand catching (refer to freeze fly video). I like the suggestions so far for demo, as it's easy to follow along. He who lands last wins
Old Feb 08, 2011, 09:57 PM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Nearly forgot to post... epoxy is curing now...

"Black SALy" will be RTF very soon
Old Feb 08, 2011, 10:16 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
Quote:
...IF we were going to do a demo for the Wendover Air show, would there be a decent number of DLG pilots interested? What would be the best way to do a spectator demo? Have the announcer announce for ALUD? Deep thoughts?...
Of course I would be interested. Any chance to fly in front of a crowd should be taken advantage of. Especially one that size. How else are we ever gonna spread the word? It would be nice if we could be in fairly close proximity to the people, which they might allow considering the nature of our hand thrown gliders. We aren't like those crazy combat maniacs . It would also be nice to have someone knowledgeable on the announcers stand doing our commentary so they could really explain what it's all about. Or we could at least give the announcer a script to read or something. I think a couple minutes of warm-up time (a quick launch & catch or two to get trimmed out) followed by an AULD round would be cool. Yes, we would have to make sure to CATCH! Old broken up runway does not sound nice. Asphalt or cement would be doable, if it was smooth. I would just play it safe and make darn sure to catch. Come on Jim, I know you can do it!
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:38 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Anyone up north interested in meeting up for some lunch time flipping? Weather looks hopeful right now. WSUD or BDO?
Old Feb 09, 2011, 09:43 AM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,071 Posts
I left for work in a rush this morning and neglected to load my flying stuff . So I'm out for today.
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:19 AM
Got Thermals???
United States, UT, Roy
Joined Apr 2008
5,210 Posts
Switch Jacks

Looking to get this wrapped up soon. Here is the count for ordering switchjacks, if anyone else wants in speak up before Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBOYLEMON View Post
I could use 2 of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Weed View Post
I will take 3 if we decide to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingj View Post
I might be in on a switchjack order as well... Maybe?
Jon 2
Greg 3
Jeremy 1?
Jim 1
Old Feb 09, 2011, 10:31 AM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Can't fly today. Stuck in classes.
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj