Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:40 PM
don`t panic,it`ll fix!!!!
england
Joined Feb 2008
141 Posts
Alert
deal extreme!

just got a battery for my hbfp from deal extreme and what a pile of it is.took 6 weeks to come and it lasts about 5 mins before it`s had enough and dies on me.cheap isn`t always the best option guys!
247rememberme is offline Find More Posts by 247rememberme
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
Heli Crackhead
Seminole, FL
Joined Dec 2007
324 Posts
True...

True... I've ordered from them before and felt, after waiting a month to get the part, I would much rather have paid more to get it in a timely way. However, on your batt, they'll probably replace it for you. Of course it will take a while, but don't let them just get away with it. I think they're pretty good with the batteries and replacements (don't quote me).

Ricky
DesignDawg is offline Find More Posts by DesignDawg
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:54 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
here read all of this......

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=819400
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Mar 13, 2008, 11:22 PM
england
Joined Feb 2008
141 Posts
thanks for the link blade killer,it seems like they sent me a battery with the dodgy code on.when i put it on my hb it flies great for about 30 secs but then it drops down to about 12 inches from the ground and won`t fly higher.going to try for a replacement ricky but i`m not too hopeful,it took 6 weeks to get here when i was paying for it!
Old Mar 14, 2008, 07:55 AM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
six weeks? Awesome. I always try to buy from a place local to me. By local, I mean Eastern United States. Some things I look for on web sites:

- A phone number. If a site doesn't have a phone number to call, that's a red flag in my mind.
- A mailing address. Helps to determine where the place is located.
- Spelling and grammar. I can't spell or write, but I don't make web sites. When you see this, its usually an Asia based shop. I've ordered a few times from HK and China places and shipping is usually sloooooowwww. Also, customer service can be ok, but its usually email only and slooooowwwww.
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:37 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Joined Apr 2003
105 Posts
I've ordered from deal extreme several times before and my order usually comes in within 1.5-2.5 weeks; The 2.5 weeks only happened once out of the several times that I ordered. On average, my package comes in 2 weeks, I consider that fast since I am living in NY. Granted that I did not order any heli parts while shopping there, most, if not all, of the items I purchased there, I'm satisfied with.

However, I have never dealt with their customer service so I have no comment on that part.

From what I know, They use the Hong Kong Postal service which waits for enough packages to fill a cargo plane to be sent out internationally. What this means is if you ordered something and your packaged missed the flight, the package would wait for the next plane.

So it is a gamble when ordering from the Hong Kong area, if you're lucky then your package is quickly shipped, but if not then you'll have to wait a while for your package.
Jetz7 is offline Find More Posts by Jetz7
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
Too dumb to upload an avatar.
On the LIRR somewhere
Joined Jan 2007
2,405 Posts
Yeah. That's why I order from helidirect (Boston) or bphobbies (NJ). I get my stuff in 2 days tops from when i order and I live in NY.
chrise2 is offline Find More Posts by chrise2
Old Mar 14, 2008, 12:33 PM
Joined Mar 2005
565 Posts
My first (and only so far) order with DX was just for spare blades for my Lama V4, but I got them in about two weeks.

Jason
Jason Paul is offline Find More Posts by Jason Paul
Old Mar 14, 2008, 02:40 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
I ordered the mystery batts when they were selling the good ones and it took about 2.5 weeks, no big deal to me I had 2 other batts to use until the mystery's got here. They still work fine.
Old Mar 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
england
Joined Feb 2008
141 Posts
i live in the u.k so maybe that makes a difference to the delivery time.it`s not that it took so long to get here that bugs me it`s the fact that after such a long wait the battery turns out to be crap!how do you know when they`re selling good ones blade killer?
Old Mar 14, 2008, 11:47 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
when they sell out all the bad ones I assume.....
Old Mar 15, 2008, 12:50 AM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 247rememberme
just got a battery for my hbfp from deal extreme and what a pile of it is.took 6 weeks to come and it lasts about 5 mins before it`s had enough and dies on me.cheap isn`t always the best option guys!
Well you were just unlucky. Good stuff Dealextreme.. from Hong Kong.. with FREE shipping.. so expect long shipping.. but all around GREAT deals for those with the foresight and patience.

I have bought MANY great things from DealExtreme.. including my four 900mah LiPos (serial number ending with HHH.. the good ones fortunately for me)... those are some great batteries! You just bought them at a bad time... since they DO currently have a bad batch... have for the last few weeks... but once they figure that out all will be well since they don't MAKE them. Sorry for that. But mine are awesome. 15c 2s 900mah Lipos for $7.. so glad I bought them.. but then again I bought them around 3 months ago.

Don't boycott DX.... it's a great source of SO many great products at such amazing prices.
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Last edited by Slyster; Mar 15, 2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old Mar 15, 2008, 02:44 AM
CA
Joined May 2007
1,099 Posts
DX should take all the bad batch out of the market
why haven't they done this..

by now they should already known because of all the returns/complaints..have they acknowledge it yet?
Kamov is offline Find More Posts by Kamov
Old Mar 15, 2008, 03:02 AM
Joined Jan 2008
11 Posts
Delivery

hi guys i live in the u.k i use a chinese guy for my heli parts you can find him on e-bay but contact him direct and hel do deals sells only genuine e-sky parts including li-pos i have had superb service from him ships to u.k. in 7 days his site is longrivercn168 model shop. hope this is of some use. Kevin
mountains is offline Find More Posts by mountains
Old Mar 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
someone on the multi rotor forum has reported that he got his mystery lipos after I think he sid 3 weeks and they are the good HHH batch numbers.....maybe they have the good ones back now.