Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 05, 2012, 01:05 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnutz View Post
well guys i maidened my edge 540 with leds on it and it was great flying at night,told my buddy about it and he said that he wanted one,now i just placed 2 orders 1 to TH for a Pitts and a Crack Yak,Pitts for me and Yak for him,2 order to HP to get 15 more batteries man i love these planes better than my gassers
Additive like "crack' aren't they!

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2012, 01:07 PM
The Twisted Elf
USA, NJ, Trenton
Joined Nov 2010
453 Posts
yes they are
lugnutz is online now Find More Posts by lugnutz
Old May 05, 2012, 02:41 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2012
2,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madratter View Post
Well I have finally done it. I flew my 32" Edge 540 into the ground often enough that the repairs had really compromised its flight characteristics. I had bought an Sbach a while back for just such an occasion. So I've started ripping apart the Edge and building the Sbach. I really should have done this with my original plane, the old style 32" slick, but I just can't make myself trash that one yet.

My Crack Yak is still in great shape, and it is my go-to plane. So the Sbach will serve as backup.
Hahaha, nearly ripped the nose off my Edge this morning, may be a half a tube of Welders in the nose at this point. I'm with you, may be time for a new airframe. I like the Crack Yak WAY better than the Edge. I'll just keep flying the CY. I'll have to find out if the old power combo will work with the Crack Pitts.
Bloosee is online now Find More Posts by Bloosee
Old May 05, 2012, 03:58 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I am a soon to be owner of my first Twisted Hobbys plane. I ordered the crack pitts this morning and it has already shipped. I am to expect it in the mail on monday. Just ordered the plane, welders glue, and landing gear and am going to be ordering the power combo from them in a week. I wanted to order everything at once be funds are low and i couldn't wait. Yippeeee.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old May 05, 2012, 04:53 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madratter View Post
Well I have finally done it. I flew my 32" Edge 540 into the ground often enough that the repairs had really compromised its flight characteristics. I had bought an Sbach a while back for just such an occasion. So I've started ripping apart the Edge and building the Sbach. I really should have done this with my original plane, the old style 32" slick, but I just can't make myself trash that one yet.

My Crack Yak is still in great shape, and it is my go-to plane. So the Sbach will serve as backup.
That's the most real-sounding explanation yet to justify a new plane. lol If I had a wife, she'd probably fall for it. Hahaha.

I keep staring at my Edge hanging from the ceiling, trying to decide what to do with it. Ive tried posting it for sale, LPU, but no takers here in NorCal. I like flying the CY much more, so it just hangs there. Anyway, I still picture a four servo wing, so I can crow it and try other weird, nonsensical 3D moves. I honestly think it will work.

edit: Hmmm, anyone install a 4D motor setup on their TH plane yet?

edit 2: 4 servo wing and 4D motor.
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old May 05, 2012, 06:40 PM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Funds are not as low as i thought they would be so i went ahead and ordered the power system combo and a couple 2s lipos. I was just out flying my other plane which is a flyzone switch and my elevator servo is not centering properly and while flying low out of a loop it never centered and sent the plane into the ground nose first. Need a new fuse and motor mount and cowl. But that will have to wait a week or two.
Old May 06, 2012, 01:53 AM
United States, OR, Hillsboro
Joined Jun 2010
447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster7467 View Post
Funds are not as low as i thought they would be so i went ahead and ordered the power system combo and a couple 2s lipos. I was just out flying my other plane which is a flyzone switch and my elevator servo is not centering properly and while flying low out of a loop it never centered and sent the plane into the ground nose first. Need a new fuse and motor mount and cowl. But that will have to wait a week or two.
"A couple." I suppose that's how it all starts and then they multiply.
ccpdx is offline Find More Posts by ccpdx
Old May 06, 2012, 09:09 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx View Post
"A couple." I suppose that's how it all starts and then they multiply.
Like rabbits I tell you...
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old May 06, 2012, 10:06 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea, i can see me owning one of each of the Twisted Hobbys planes. When i was flying helis, i had 13 different ones at one time. And these foamies are cheaper to get up in the air than most helis so that is a plus.
Old May 06, 2012, 10:11 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Alternate LED mounts

Heres how I mounted my LEDs. I used (2) 2" pieces of CF rod. and stuck them through the wing and glued them in with Welders, the actual bulbs I used hot glue to the CF rod. I flew it the other night and it held up just fine. I liked having the lights a little further out.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0
Old May 06, 2012, 03:33 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Nice... I'd snap them off in a heart beat, though. Seems to be where my piloting skills are these days. I take the "if the plane's not dirty, you're flying too low" thing pretty seriously.

Ha!

Old May 06, 2012, 03:48 PM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
.....I take the "if the plane's not dirty, you're flying too low" thing pretty seriously......
Don't you mean, "if it's not dirty, you're not flying low enough"?

(that's why my birds always need a bath)

pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
Old May 06, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Mar 2012
2,393 Posts
Couldn't help myself. Had to get the Crack Pitts. I love these TH planes. Sure I can buy EPP and make my own planes but its just not the same. TH planes just fly different for some reason or other.

Tom
carr52 is online now Find More Posts by carr52
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: T-38 Talon
Old May 06, 2012, 04:15 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Don't you mean, "if it's not dirty, you're not flying low enough"?

(that's why my birds always need a bath)

Yes, that's what I meant. Getting old and these days.

Old May 06, 2012, 04:33 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Hey, anyone have a TH "Blue" 1500Kv motor they're not using and would like to see it go to a loving home? PM me.