New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2015, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by kefirosss
Joined Apr 2015
10 Posts
Discussion
Faulty ZTW spider 40A esc's?? or im doing something wrong?

Guys i have build tarot 680 pro with ZTW spider 40A escs. I have programmed them as per instructions one by one. They all work smooth and nice if connected independently to receiver but when all 6 are connected to the receiver with my custom 6Y servo splitter cable only 1 or 2 working smoothly like after programming and rest is running after throttle reaches middle and up. It that a proper way to check all motors at the same time? I also tried to connect all to naza after programming and 2 motors were running slower than the rest of them.
Motors EMAX 3110 worked fine when i had them connected to other brand 30A simonk esc but after 2 of them burned i replaced them with ZTW 40A.
I read somewhere that these are great escs, i also read that they can be flashed with simonk. Can i do that? will it be better?

TXX
kefirosss is online now Find More Posts by kefirosss
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2015, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by RC Madman68
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2014
621 Posts
When you say "programmed" do you mean calibrated?

If they work fine when plugged in directly than I would look at the one thing that is added to the mix. The 6y harness.
RC Madman68 is online now Find More Posts by RC Madman68
Old May 06, 2015, 04:41 PM
Joined Apr 2015
10 Posts
Yes calibrated. But like I wrote I also connected all to naza properly without that harness and motors not working at the same speeds. They worked nicely with other smaller escs but they were burning.
Old May 06, 2015, 05:07 PM
Find More Posts by chrisbarth
United States, MD, Huntingtown
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
They are already flashed with simonk but who knows what the date of the build is.

There is another thread about the ZTW spider 40A getting hot. Wonder if there is a problem
with the latest SimonK firmware or whatever ZTW is putting on them now? About 6 months ago I used some with sunny sky 3508 700kv motors and they ran very cool with 4s and 14x5 props. Maybe use rapidflash and try a earlier firmware build.
chrisbarth is offline Find More Posts by chrisbarth
Old May 06, 2015, 06:11 PM
Joined Apr 2015
10 Posts
These are never version and are not loaded with simonk but other program made by ztw. I bought usbasp and waiting for it, then I will try to flash with simonk. Never done this before.
Old May 06, 2015, 06:38 PM
Find More Posts by chrisbarth
United States, MD, Huntingtown
Joined Oct 2006
314 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kefirosss View Post
These are never version and are not loaded with simonk but other program made by ztw. I bought usbasp and waiting for it, then I will try to flash with simonk. Never done this before.
If their new than the bootloader should already be loaded. Meaning you can use a usb linker to flash and change tbrough the servo leads. You do realize that to flash with the usbasp you will have to either get the atmel socket or do some fine soldering by removing the heatshrink to access the IC... The usbasp and usb linker are different device's.

Unless they recently changed their firmware, I know that the ZTW spiders were all.flashed with a firmware based on Simonk. If they changed firmware then it would explain the recent problems people are having.
chrisbarth is offline Find More Posts by chrisbarth
Old May 06, 2015, 10:18 PM
Joined Apr 2015
10 Posts
I already bought usbast and atmel cable, will arrive on Friday and then I will flash one esc with simonk 2014-06-18. Read that it's good version. Will let you know how i did.
I read that with usb linker you can only upgrade simonk to newer version of simonk. You can't upgrade from different version since it only allows to upgrade. To change only way is to flash it.
Old May 09, 2015, 12:11 PM
Joined Apr 2015
10 Posts
Guys, hour ago I have received atmel and usbasp. I just completed flash esc with bs-fnet 2014-06-18. All motors working like a dream. No problems at all like before. All 6 motors running same speed, accelerate and brake even. Esc not hot at all after just minute on full. Whatever ZTW spider 40a were loaded with sucked. They tried to write their own program and they failed. Simonk ROCKS.
That was my first time ever doing that and took less than 10 minutes for all and it was easy to do.
Old May 10, 2015, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by RC Madman68
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2014
621 Posts
The is great news. Glad it worked out for you.
RC Madman68 is online now Find More Posts by RC Madman68