HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2007, 09:51 PM
Illinois
Joined Apr 2005
1,342 Posts
Discussion
Who has the best price on Flight power 25C lipos

does anyone know who has the best price on Flightpower 25C 3S lipos?
im looking to pick up 4 of them and would like to save a few bucks if im able to

Thanks!
Walter
hihptsi is offline Find More Posts by hihptsi
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 17, 2007, 02:38 AM
Suspended Account
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Best place to get them is at www.towerhobbies.com and to use thier discount codes listed on thier main page.
brovic777 is offline Find More Posts by brovic777
Old Jul 17, 2007, 03:15 AM
Ontario, Canada
Joined Sep 2005
399 Posts
I was going to mention towers too. I have a $35 coupon code in my email for order of $225+. Pm me if you want it.

Awais
x0wnag3x is offline Find More Posts by x0wnag3x
Old Jul 19, 2007, 05:51 AM
Ted M
Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Joined Feb 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hihptsi
does anyone know who has the best price on Flightpower 25C 3S lipos?
im looking to pick up 4 of them and would like to save a few bucks if im able to

Thanks!
Walter
Try the ones from www.AirThunder.com - they are newer technology that can withstand deeper discharge than normal and they are well priced - although at 195g they are a wee bit heavier than others.
Gandalf_Sr is offline Find More Posts by Gandalf_Sr
Old Jul 19, 2007, 10:58 AM
Oopss. Oh well.
In the tropics
Joined Jan 2006
3,615 Posts
Anyone tried Draganfly before?

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...BATTERIES.html

Free shipping to anywhere in the world. 10 % discount on any TP packs until 7th August.
borneobear is online now Find More Posts by borneobear
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:09 AM
Springs soarer
Colorado springs
Joined Apr 2005
364 Posts
I have found some real cheap packs on ebay. Tenergy packs so should be okay. Do a search, you will be surprised how cheap they are offered.
MiguelC is offline Find More Posts by MiguelC
Old Jul 19, 2007, 02:48 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Buy cheap, buy twice! Especially when it comes to batteries. From now on, I'm not buying anything but Flight Power.
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:13 PM
Suspended Account
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
Buy cheap, buy twice! Especially when it comes to batteries. From now on, I'm not buying anything but Flight Power.
I agree SkyDancer. I learned the lesson the hard way and three cheap lipo's I bought went bad within 3-6 months.

Then I bought FlightPower, and they are kickin strong!!!!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:19 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,383 Posts
I also agree... But has anyone that pushes their batteries tried the www.AirThunder.com batts?

I might get 2 and give them a try... but I really dont want to waste the money if there no good
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:26 PM
Suspended Account
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
I also agree... But has anyone that pushes their batteries tried the www.AirThunder.com batts?

I might get 2 and give them a try... but I really dont want to waste the money if there no good
Yea, Im very curious in those AirThunder's also, and have been waiting for somebody to give a review on them. Guess not too many people are buying them yet.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:39 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brovic777
Yea, Im very curious in those AirThunder's also, and have been waiting for somebody to give a review on them. Guess not too many people are buying them yet.
They've only been out less than 6 months and they're only just now ramping up production.

As for reviews...a lab report is far more telling:
http://www.trextuning.com/ATH2200.pdf

The overall consensus is that they deliver on their low discharge resistance promise... They don't have the power output of say tp extremes and they're about 10% heavier on average, but you're at a much lower risk of pooching the batteries.
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:40 PM
Radd Graduate '06
United States, MA, Sudbury
Joined Aug 2006
1,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear
Anyone tried Draganfly before?

http://www.rctoys.com/rc-toys-and-pa...BATTERIES.html

Free shipping to anywhere in the world. 10 % discount on any TP packs until 7th August.
ps - bishop power products is running a 15% off almost all TP's AND free shipping on orders over $20

Use code TP15 to get the discount. Sale ends 8/1

http://www.b-p-p.com/products.php?cat=15
Mochaboy is offline Find More Posts by Mochaboy
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 19, 2007, 07:45 PM
/bin/ksh
USA, GA, Savannah
Joined Nov 2005
3,363 Posts
For the few bucks why bother, those 2200 3s packs are 69 bucks. Get EVO or TP for just slightly more.
Steve_C is offline Find More Posts by Steve_C
Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:04 PM
Eatonton Ga. United States
Joined Sep 2004
1,543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brovic777
I agree SkyDancer. I learned the lesson the hard way and three cheap lipo's I bought went bad within 3-6 months.

Then I bought FlightPower, and they are kickin strong!!!!
Yea, it hasn't taken me long in the heli side of the hobby to learn that lesson. I started out with cheap servos, batteries and gyro. I've gotten burned by everyone of those to some extent and had to replace them with what I should have bought in the first place. The weakest link I have now is my tail servo, I'm going to replace it as soon as I possibly can afford to do so. I'm just so thankful my recent motor/ESC disaster didn't take out my FP pack!
Sky_Dancer is offline Find More Posts by Sky_Dancer
Old Jul 19, 2007, 09:15 PM
Suspended Account
Pasadena, CA
Joined Jan 2007
4,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Dancer
Yea, it hasn't taken me long in the heli side of the hobby to learn that lesson. I started out with cheap servos, batteries and gyro. I've gotten burned by everyone of those to some extent and had to replace them with what I should have bought in the first place. The weakest link I have now is my tail servo, I'm going to replace it as soon as I possibly can afford to do so. I'm just so thankful my recent motor/ESC disaster didn't take out my FP pack!
A very good digital tail servo is the Futaba s3154 that only cost like $30 bucks. I can't understand how people spend $60 for a tail servo on a Trex 450 size heli. Then again, I might end up spending that when the new Hitec Gyro and Digital Servo come out since it only comes in a combo!!!!!