HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2013, 06:20 PM
ProBro Wulf
Joined Oct 2006
249 Posts
Discussion
The Skeeter 36 Kit Is Back And Better Then Ever!

First, all credit to the original design goes to our long lost MIA ProBro "Q". He designed the skeeters and several other great planes. Unfortunately he has kind of dropped out and that's his business. Although I'm sure we all miss him.

Probro "Zamfir" at http://www.rockymountain3d.com/ has permission from "Q" to kit the Skeeters and I have no idea nor care as to what their deal is. It's none of my business. All I know is I'm really glad "Z" revived the Skeeter-36 and sent me a kit.

He redisigned it some. Elliminated those balsa Shockies on the side which I always hated the look of anyway and reinforced the fuse with CF 1/4 sq tube on the top and lower stringer. I used Balsa for those stringers and installed a piece of the sq CF tube lengthwise from the TE of the wing to the LE of the V stab Post. I did not install the cross member balsa to the tube since it does not flex at all so didn't need them. The fuse is like a two by four with that tube. No flex plus I used less cf tube material so it's actually lighter then if built per the plans.

I decided to Borrow the "NY Tufflite" Boyz Mark and Joe's Bouncer http://www.tufflight.com/bouncer.html type flexible motor mount for good reason. I've seen guys snap that motor off a gazillion times over the years and it don't matter if you reinforce the mount with 3 inch tristock. its just a very weak point for whatever reason.

Hence the Bouncer style mountt that will let me do my favorite maneuvers dorking straight into the runway without breaking the whole nose mount off.

To me it is well worth the extra bit of time to do it since the same mount is on my lil Swany's House Primo-15 and works great.

I used 1/8" Birch ply and 1/8" fiberglass rod like the bouncer uses. And reinforced where the rods go thru the fuse with 4 small pieces of 1/16" G-32 material. Very rigid with GG or a lil epoxy. Use sparingly.

AUW with no packs is 19 ounces. My 1300 Packs weigh 4 ounces and my 1800 packs weigh 5 ounces so do the math.

ST 10 Motor
APC 11x4.7 SF prop pulls 30 amps at 10.7 volts or 320 watts
ail 2 VH Emax ES8d digital nylon servos
Tail Servos VH Emax digital ES8MG servos
Hobbywing 35 Amp ESC
Hitec Optima reciever

Black and red is HobbyCity best bang fer the buck covering. Gold is Monokote and was not hard to work with at all. Don't understand why people have a problem with monokote. Practice, practice, and experiment.

Landing Gear, why anyone needs landing gear that only adds another 1.5 ounces of dead weight and drag on a lil toy plane this size I will never understand. Just fling the plane in the air and plop it down in the grass or hand catch it.

The kit snaps together like the original, sq it up then glue.

If you can't build this kit with eaze then you need to go back to 7th grade shop class and practice building bird houses with the rest of the kids for a while. It is extremely simple to build.

Probro Zamfirs wood was excellent, his CNC cuts are flawless and the instructions, Instructions? we don't need no stinking instructions, we don't have to show you no stinking instructions. There are none and not needed if you've built a few kits and reference the original Skeeter thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...+build+skeeter

Probro Zamfir is not a big company like Hanger 9 etc... The best flying profiles come from guys basements anyway and these are not your usual everything included kit. Basically you will get the cnc cut pieces, Balsa sticks,CF sq tube and Plans. You will have to supply the rest which is pretty normal for a Probro designed kit and not a big deal. I have no idea as to pricing so please contact Zamfir from his website. http://www.rockymountain3d.com/contact/

How does it fly? like a Skeeter-36 only better due to the ellimination of the shockies weight and lighter wing loading.

What's a Probro? go here if your interested: www.theprofilebrotherhood.com
Wulf_Flieger is offline Find More Posts by Wulf_Flieger
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:17 PM
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Aug 2005
88 Posts
Very, very sad to say Wulf left us last Thursday. He was a good friend and will be missed.
3dcraz is online now Find More Posts by 3dcraz
Old Jul 22, 2013, 08:56 PM
Joined Sep 2011
165 Posts
skeeter

made one check it out this is a oldy but goody
FLYING THE SKEETER 3D (3 min 26 sec)

SKEETER RC (3 min 12 sec)
freddy99 is offline Find More Posts by freddy99
Old May 25, 2014, 09:13 PM
Krued Up
United States, MA, Springfield