Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:07 AM
**NOT GUILTY**
Millbrook, Alabama
Joined Jun 2004
6,420 Posts
Discussion
They say trouble comes in 3's...

....well last week it was the brick mailbox...yesterday it was the dogs (story below by Capt. Sunshine)...what will the storm clouds rain on us next?

Dear friends,

Our two littlest Boston Terriers, Missy Lou and Chico Buddy were attacked yesterday by a vicious Pitt Bull. This animal broke under the chain link fence and mauled them. I was inside and did not hear it until Missy came into the house crying. I opened my computer-room door to find her covered in blood! I immediately put her into the shower to try to determine the extent on the injuries. She was pouring blood from everywhere. Her neck had puncher wounds in several places as though the pitt had tried to rip her throat out. Gashes in shoulder and behind her ears. I wrapped her in a towel and headed outside to check on Chico. He was lying, as if dead in the yard near the fence with the cable man leaning over him. I ran for another blanket and asked him to help me load them in the car. Chico's neck and injuries were the same but he was hardly conscience.

I was at the vet's office within 3-5 minutes, screaming for help. The doctors tried to stabilize them but could not sedate them until they were stable. Soon he was able to stitch most of the punctures up and run drainage tubes in their necks, shoulder and the top of Missy's head.

We were able to bring them home last night. I slept in the laundry room on the floor near their bed watching them all night. Missy is moving some but Chico is wobbling and his eyes seem distant as if he has some brain injury as well. The doctors were unable to determine internal injuries or neurological damages just yet.

They are on antibiotics and pain meds 2 times a day for two weeks. Drains and stitches to be removed later next week.

Please pray for them - these are our babies and mean the world to Robert and I. We love them very much.

I am attaching a picture of each of them - please keep them in your thoughts.
(our oldest Boston, Little Dog was not injured at all thank God)

Thank you,

Belinda and Robert
Capt.Crash is offline Find More Posts by Capt.Crash
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:15 AM
Tin Can Sailor
Alabama, USA
Joined Feb 2009
761 Posts
sorry crash and sunshine. lisa and i wish both your "kids" a speedy recovery. what's up with the attacking dog?? might need to work up another mission
seadog985 is offline Find More Posts by seadog985
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:16 AM
Hayward, CA
Joined Jan 2009
774 Posts
Find out who's dog it was that broke into your yard and call animal control. Heck... call animal control anyway and report a stray dog!

I'm glad your pups are safe now.
Vince Hoffmann is offline Find More Posts by Vince Hoffmann
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:48 AM
Union, Maine
Joined Jul 2006
3,920 Posts
What is with folks and there Pitt bulls? I do not get it. should they be all rounded up?
Jerome Morris is offline Find More Posts by Jerome Morris
Old Sep 02, 2009, 09:58 AM
Japan
Joined Jun 2008
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hoffmann
Find out who's dog it was that broke into your yard and call animal control. Heck... call animal control anyway and report a stray dog!

I'm glad your pups are safe now.
Dood, I don't know what are the laws there.
But we are far away from the 'stray dog'/'lost cat in the tree' report. What they have here is a hunter killer on the loose.
Where I am that difference means that instead of trying to catch him and put for adoption so he stop dumpster diving on the sidewalk, shooting it down is a priority and a matter of public safety.

Sorry, forgot to say... hope the pups will make it...
G_de_Coligny is offline Find More Posts by G_de_Coligny
Old Sep 02, 2009, 10:20 AM
Wave Riding Vehicles
Louisburg,North Carolina
Joined Jun 2009
1,643 Posts
truly sorry to hear what happened, i hope they both get better. i have two chows yess they are my babies more my wifes, i would have to hunt that dog down, put up flyers or something, have it put down and sew the pants off of the owner so maybe they will feel some of your pain. my prairs are withyou, jerry
HYDROJERRY is offline Find More Posts by HYDROJERRY
Old Sep 02, 2009, 10:20 AM
Das_Bruce
Aurora CO
Joined Dec 2008
193 Posts
Looks like they were having an off day or they'd have kicked butt on the pit. Still, they're going to be fine - you'll be fine. Your wallet is in a heap of trouble.
BGThomas is offline Find More Posts by BGThomas
Last edited by BGThomas; Sep 02, 2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old Sep 02, 2009, 10:39 AM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
22,859 Posts
I wish your dogs a speedy recovery and no lasting problems from the attack. It is a terrible thing to have to go through, having your pets attacked and harmed.
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Sep 02, 2009, 10:53 AM
"Green as grass"
Joined Aug 2009
62 Posts
I sincerly hope your pooches come through OK! It's a sad state of affairs when your family pets aren't safe in their own fenced yard. Best wishes.
Freak Quincy is offline Find More Posts by Freak Quincy
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:14 AM
"Irregular's Cobra Man"
Palmdale, CA
Joined Apr 2008
664 Posts
So Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmot
I wish your dogs a speedy recovery and no lasting problems from the attack. It is a terrible thing to have to go through, having your pets attacked and harmed.
Belinda and Robert, I know the heartache and worry you're both going through. Our pets are not just pets, but are loving family members, that we love totally without reservation. My prayers, thoughts and hope are also for a speedy recovery. Please keep us informed of their recovery progress.
Bilge_Snipe is offline Find More Posts by Bilge_Snipe
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:23 AM
What is this a center for ants
United States, CA, Beverly Hills
Joined Jul 2007
2,269 Posts
To some people , their pets are like their children.
Here is to a speedy recovery.
avidjeepr is offline Find More Posts by avidjeepr
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:36 AM
Cheif Bottlewasher
Canada, NS, Sydney Mines
Joined Sep 2005
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by avidjeepr
To some people , their pets are like their children.
Here is to a speedy recovery.
In my experience my dog was my child ...reason i wont get another ....to much to take ..

Hope they make out well ...
more coffee is offline Find More Posts by more coffee
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hi!
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:41 AM
Retired for now
Bonita Springs,Fl.
Joined Sep 2007
8,652 Posts
So sorry to hear of this trouble. Seems like this happens more and more all the time and it's just not right. I hope you can find the owner of that dog and get animal controll involved. You ought to report the attack anyway even if you don't know where the dog came from.
Cinder and I hope for a speedy recovery for your babys. Pete
norgale is offline Find More Posts by norgale
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: What's a blog for?
Old Sep 02, 2009, 11:58 AM
"day ain't over yet-"
Western N.Y. winemaking country
Joined Jun 2005
9,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak Quincy
I sincerly hope your pooches come through OK! It's a sad state of affairs when your family pets aren't safe in their own fenced yard. Best wishes.
Quincy has it right. Pretty sad that can happen in your own yard---.

My dog stays in his fenced yard and guards it as his own "territory", not a good idea to trespass---.

He was attacked once by a pit bull breed at a dog show, but that ended rather abruptly, with the other dog losing badly---.

I hope the little guys come through this okay---.
der kapitan is offline Find More Posts by der kapitan
Old Sep 02, 2009, 12:28 PM
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Apr 2009
875 Posts
In TX you are obligued by law to report this kind of vicious attacks...

ask my wife how we found out.Thank God my wife only received minor injuries here and there an our then puppy schnauzer wasn`t attacked by the pitbull as my wife repealed the attack with kicks and fists,hence why the minor cuts and bruises.Owner of the pit heard her and came to the rescue,thank God.He didn`t wanted us to report anything but we did and then took my wife to the doctor.She came alright.At the end animal control cited them and they then decided to get rid of the dog,............please report the attack asap,here it`s the law.
God luck and hope both dogs recuperate completely.Keep us posted on everything,...........Albert
karfrik is offline Find More Posts by karfrik