New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by flygilmore
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
969 Posts
Discussion
GWS F4U Batt. hatch......I need one!

So had a guy on here sell me a "complete" GWS Corsair the other day. Well, his ad shows what I think is the hatch but when the plane arrives, everything is here but the battery hatch. He says he doesn't have it. I've got an idea of what's going on but anyway. Does anyone have one that they would sell me? Of course I'd prefer white but will take anything at this point as long as it's nice.
A real shame since the plane is for my nephew's bday and we were going to build it this weekend. Guess that's what you get buying from someone with 8 posts and ZERO ratings.
Thanks!!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2015, 12:10 AM
Find More Posts by phoam
( . ) ( . )
Aguanga, Ca
Joined Mar 2010
1,428 Posts
I suppose you can give him his first rating

Just checked my stock and the only spare part I have is a new cowl.

I've been around this sub-forum long enough to confidently wage a bet that there are no GWS flyers in here. GWS warbirds, anyway. After all it is a 12-year-old model designed for a brushed motor and NiMH batteries. That's not to say it ain't a great flyer! It just needs to be modded for a modern day LiPo to fit, and fitted with a brushless motor.

I suspect you will have better odds checking in at the GWS sub-forum for a spare hatch.

Also, looks like GWS USA (Caliber) still have them available in blue.

Good luck!
phoam is offline Find More Posts by phoam
Old May 01, 2015, 04:14 AM
Find More Posts by flygilmore
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
969 Posts
He'll get a rating all right. I'll check that site.
Thanks!
flygilmore is offline Find More Posts by flygilmore