New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2015, 03:06 AM
Find More Posts by farrari
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
561 Posts
Mine above the battery, cut out the foam then velcro it in and re glued the foam. Works fine.
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2015, 12:46 PM
Find More Posts by Paleomanjim
Joined May 2014
269 Posts
LG tips

Just over 100 flights on my Hyperbipe so far and she is almost like new. Have done a lot of heavy stick banging, including pop tops and blenders and the wings are fine, probably because of the CF re-inforcement. The park I fly at is all grass so the landings can be a bit hard on the LG. The main LG became a bit loose so I added a wood shim (bamboo) to stiffen it. And tie wraps on the Main LG EPO pieces to keep them secure to the LG wire. And finally the tail wheel assembly came off yesterday but luckily I was able to find it. I heated a piece of wire and poked a hole above the tail assembly and used a tie wrap to further secure it along with a bit of Goop to hold everything tight. Mods can bee seen in the pics.....maybe that will prevent someone from loosing their tail wheel.....
Paleomanjim is offline Find More Posts by Paleomanjim
Old Apr 23, 2015, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
370 Posts
Just got mine in the mail today. Put it together in no time. What an easy build! Cant wait to see how she flies!
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Old Apr 23, 2015, 08:06 PM
Find More Posts by tmulligan
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
735 Posts
I hope to fly mine this weekend for the first time. Can anyone give me some tips?

I'm an intermediate pilot just beginning to learn aerobatics. All my planes are electric. None are biplanes. They are both high wing and low wing planes I do reasonably well, though I have often struggled with landings. I fly off a grass landing strip.

Thanks for your guidance.

Tom
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
Old Apr 23, 2015, 08:41 PM
ltc
Find More Posts by ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
United States, MA, Mendon
Joined Mar 2010
3,373 Posts
Just fly it.
You will notice that biplanes can be a bit of a challenge with respect to orientation, so keep it close for the first couple of flights.
The landing speed will not be a problem at all...you can walk faster than the landing speed.

If you end up liking the Hyperbipe and want something larger, i would recommend the Hobbyking Arcus F3A. Great flying plane as well
ltc is offline Find More Posts by ltc
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by tmulligan
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
735 Posts
Thank you.
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
Old Apr 24, 2015, 09:04 AM
Find More Posts by Ensign Crasher
Chaos Theory Meets Dumb Thumbs
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Apr 2013
52 Posts
Maiden'ed mine yesterday. All I can say is wow!

I am no 3D wizard (not even close), but I did some knife edge, elevator, harrier and hovering with it and it is pretty stable. Was near zero wing rock.

I have several 3D planes (I just love to build/assemble stuff) that I have not yet become comfortable with and I was almost comfortable with this one on the first flight! More flights to come!

And thanks to all for all of the issue reports and build/reinforcement help. It added a couple weeks to the build, but now I am ready to get a lot of use from this one.

Crasher
Ensign Crasher is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Crasher
Old May 23, 2015, 02:01 AM
Find More Posts by farrari
Australia, NSW, Balgowlah Heights
Joined May 2013
561 Posts
Tied of my plane rolling over on landing, so bent the wire struts forward some, will see if this helps.
farrari is offline Find More Posts by farrari