Old May 11, 2013, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by pow-wow
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Jul 2009
192 Posts
Build Log
Gemini (twin radian pro)

I was looking around around and saw this UAV and really liked the design

then I looked over at my radian pro and a light bulb went off in my head, so I made a sketch and ended up with this (the bottom sketch is a little different, ignore it for now)

I'm just trying to figure out if I should buy the stock motor along with the 2nd body or do I need more/ less power? That pod in the middle is a multi-purpose pod. It will hold most of the electronics (the radian's body is tiny) and at first going to be for FPV but going to use it to test a couple other things also, including putting autopilot on it. My first few flights will be without the pod. I was trying to decie weither to put this in the glider, UAV, or park flyer fourems since I guess it can be considered all 3
pow-wow is offline Find More Posts by pow-wow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 13, 2013, 01:02 AM
Joined Jul 2009
192 Posts
quick update- I'm likely going to just use the stock motor, at least at first. I might get a job at a local hobby store soon so if/ when I do it would be cheap enough to get right now and might have it flying be the end of the year. If not then ill have a better job anyways and would be able to afford it soon.
still deciding on what to do about the center wing section, will have the original CF rod for re-enforcement (luckely jsut the right size for the 2 to meet in the middle), and most likely just foam around it
Old Aug 14, 2013, 01:27 AM
Find More Posts by NoiseBox
Unregistered User
Joined Jul 2011
175 Posts
Love it. Keep trudging thru I can't wait to see it take shape.
NoiseBox is offline Find More Posts by NoiseBox
Old Jun 23, 2016, 05:56 PM
Joined Jul 2009
192 Posts
Lots of progress, Ironically it was one of my last purchases at the hobby shop I did end up working for for 1 and 1/2 years before I moved, lol.
Posted in the UAV section since it's a better fit here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post35096567