New Products Flash Sale
Old May 17, 2015, 08:53 PM
Find More Posts by Hornetnz
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jun 2005
1,775 Posts
Discussion
Gas throttle cut & ignition Tx setup?

When setting up my transmitter, do I need to have throttle cut and ignition on separate switches? I initially set it up on the same switch, so when in POS 0, throttle was -130% (no stick movement will move throttle) and ignition is off. POS 1 has normal throttle movement and ignition on. But not sure that's the correct way? Does throttle need to move with ignition off for choking?
Hornetnz is offline Find More Posts by Hornetnz
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2015, 09:32 PM
Find More Posts by pilotpete2
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,490 Posts
Normally the throttle kill is on a spring loaded momentary switch. Ignition kill should be on a normal on/off switch.
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old May 18, 2015, 05:03 AM
Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Joined Oct 2011
911 Posts
No real wrong way to do this as long as you are comfortable. I personally dont use the throttle servo to shut down the engine, its really rough on servos. My setup is the ignition switch is on the left side slider. I have an idle up switch that I use to switch between taxi/land idle and a higher flight idle. I can still shut the engine down with idle trim if need be but the failure mode of an IBEC is ignition power open.
exf3bguy is online now Find More Posts by exf3bguy
Old May 19, 2015, 01:08 PM
Find More Posts by 600Bob
United States, OR, Canby
Joined Aug 2011
2,663 Posts
Generally you open the throttle when choking but the ignition is on too. Some people prime the engine with the ignition off first.

I have the throttle cut on a momentary switch and the ignition on the throttle hold/mix switch.
600Bob is online now Find More Posts by 600Bob
Old May 19, 2015, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by kerwin50
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,741 Posts
I use the same switch on my 9C
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50