New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2015, 03:49 PM
Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Apr 2012
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_D View Post
Does anyone have an 'issue' with the left stick basically, sticking? It's like the springs just aren't strong enough..

Has anyone come up with a fix for this?

Also, what batteries are you all using for the TX?
Open it up and make sure there are no wires in the way of the gimbals (remove gimbals and rubber grip pads. Also, there is a screw that adjusts how tight the gimbals will feel.

I use eneloop rechargeable batteries, have had no issues.
Jon.M.Barter is online now Find More Posts by Jon.M.Barter
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2015, 08:10 PM
Find More Posts by Squirrel_D
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
United States, PA, Levittown
Joined Feb 2015
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon.M.Barter View Post
Open it up and make sure there are no wires in the way of the gimbals (remove gimbals and rubber grip pads. Also, there is a screw that adjusts how tight the gimbals will feel.

I use eneloop rechargeable batteries, have had no issues.
Thanks, gimbals? Not sure what you mean...
Squirrel_D is offline Find More Posts by Squirrel_D
Old May 18, 2015, 05:39 AM
Joined Apr 2012
548 Posts
Pic example. Open your radio by removing the five necessary screws. And rubber grips. Check and make sure wires are not interfering with the motion of your sticks. Tighten or loosen the screws on the metal band that puts pressure against your throttle stick as necessary
Old May 18, 2015, 10:36 AM
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
Joined Feb 2015
529 Posts
Quote:
Pic example. Open your radio by removing the five necessary screws. And rubber grips. Check and make sure wires are not interfering with the motion of your sticks. Tighten or loosen the screws on the metal band that puts pressure against your throttle stick as necessary
Ok, thanks - that's what I kind of thought you meant but when you said Gimbal, I guess I got a bit cornfused! (That happens easily to me!)

I've actually already had it opened up and installed the module for the Syma protocol (NRF something or other) and while I was in there I checked for anything in the way - nothing seemed to be interfereing with the sticks from what I could see... Yet still, my throttle stick seems to stick instead of going back to center so my quad continues to yaw in whatever direction the stick is 'stuck' in.
Old May 18, 2015, 11:54 AM
Joined Apr 2012
548 Posts
Quote:
Ok, thanks - that's what I kind of thought you meant but when you said Gimbal, I guess I got a bit cornfused! (That happens easily to me!)

I've actually already had it opened up and installed the module for the Syma protocol (NRF something or other) and while I was in there I checked for anything in the way - nothing seemed to be interfereing with the sticks from what I could see... Yet still, my throttle stick seems to stick instead of going back to center so my quad continues to yaw in whatever direction the stick is 'stuck' in.
I would still double check and rule that out if i were you, especially if you installed an nrf24l01 chpi as the extra wires could have been pushed while you were closing. Aside from that i have no idea what would make it stick unless You spilled orange juice or glue into the gimbals.
Old May 18, 2015, 02:55 PM
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
Joined Feb 2015
529 Posts
Quote:
I would still double check and rule that out if i were you, especially if you installed an nrf24l01 chpi as the extra wires could have been pushed while you were closing. Aside from that i have no idea what would make it stick unless You spilled orange juice or glue into the gimbals.
Thanks, I'll do that. I just remember somewhere in the first ? 50 pages of this thread that someone else had this issue right out of the box (as did I - it's actually better now that I installed the module and checked stuff out.

I'll open her up again, I just don't want to mess anything up that my huge hands can't fix! I'm not good with tweezers and I need reading glasses so I'm not so good with small stuff if you know what I mean - especially in confined areas!
Old May 18, 2015, 03:02 PM
Joined Apr 2012
548 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I'll do that. I just remember somewhere in the first ? 50 pages of this thread that someone else had this issue right out of the box (as did I - it's actually better now that I installed the module and checked stuff out.

I'll open her up again, I just don't want to mess anything up that my huge hands can't fix! I'm not good with tweezers and I need reading glasses so I'm not so good with small stuff if you know what I mean - especially in confined areas!
the devo 7e and devo 6s have a spine on their back half of the tx that pushes wires to the side. When I modified my first devo 7e, the throttle would feel jammed. I opened it up and realized it was a pinched wire from my mods interfering. Cleared it up, it was back to business as usual.

If that is not the case, and you feel confident, you could go ahead and remove the gimbal thats giving you issues and check it out and see what is going on.

For someone with poor eyesight and big hands, I would highly recommend you get a Devo 8s. Its leaps and bounds better than the 7e, easier to use, bigger screen, better range, more switches, better everything. The only thing that the 7e is better at is being smaller for people with smaller hands.
Old May 18, 2015, 04:07 PM
X5C-1, WL 959, Ladybird
Joined Feb 2015
529 Posts
Quote:
the devo 7e and devo 6s have a spine on their back half of the tx that pushes wires to the side. When I modified my first devo 7e, the throttle would feel jammed. I opened it up and realized it was a pinched wire from my mods interfering. Cleared it up, it was back to business as usual.

If that is not the case, and you feel confident, you could go ahead and remove the gimbal thats giving you issues and check it out and see what is going on.

For someone with poor eyesight and big hands, I would highly recommend you get a Devo 8s. Its leaps and bounds better than the 7e, easier to use, bigger screen, better range, more switches, better everything. The only thing that the 7e is better at is being smaller for people with smaller hands.
I've had my eye on the Devo 10 for a while now.. So I'll probably go for that - eventually..

The way my 7E is functioning now isn't terrible. I can live with it, but I do like a 'strong' spring back to center - makes me feel more confident so if I get any quads that are more expensive, I'm probably not going to fly them with my 7E unless I can fix the throttle / Yaw stick.
Old May 18, 2015, 04:36 PM
Joined Apr 2012
548 Posts
Quote:
I've had my eye on the Devo 10 for a while now.. So I'll probably go for that - eventually..

The way my 7E is functioning now isn't terrible. I can live with it, but I do like a 'strong' spring back to center - makes me feel more confident so if I get any quads that are more expensive, I'm probably not going to fly them with my 7E unless I can fix the throttle / Yaw stick.
Devo 10 is a good choice, however, devo 8s is still slightly better in ease of use (you are not mashing the buttons all over the place to select values, the stylus pen really does make for a better experience).

However, devo 10 definitely a major step up from devo 7e.

hope you fix that problem

cheers