HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2014, 11:14 AM
United States, MA, Burlington
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
modifying my parkzone ultra micro mustang

Hi. I'm newer to foamy RC planes but a very experienced hobby guy, done a bunch of balsa and paper (non flying) planes, cars, etc. I have a parkzone ultra micro mustang, a ultra micro Trojan and a Super Cub trainer by Hobby Zone. My mustang is a great plane but has taken enough of a beating that I don't think it will be stable anymore. Main fuselage is pretty crunched and I have had to tape all wings to the point that the tape to foam ratio is tipping to not in my favor. So I thought it would be fun to make it a trainer plane. It can become a slow and stable flyer for my kids. So my plan, and I'm open to any input, is to extend the winds about 3" and give them a little more rib height. I figure I can do this with some thin foam cut and sanded and a little glue. make the new wings to where the glue on top of old (old recess in) and the aerilons are still stock. Any recommendations on correct foam sheet, source for it, and best glue.
Open to any aerodynamic tips too.
Thanks,
Adam
sozayday is offline Find More Posts by sozayday
to remove ads between posts