HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:50 AM
Kauai
Joined Jan 2011
3,610 Posts
I'm waiting for my kit,and then my building will start.Still on the fence of using the Kk2.1 controller,it might be over my head.Second choice is the Naza m lite which looks to be much easier to program.
Kauaiguy is offline Find More Posts by Kauaiguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2014, 09:24 AM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
357 Posts
I finished building the frame a week or two ago & my ESC extensions just showed up along with the Kk2.1 FCB yesterday. Now to get it flying this weekend if I can! I don't have the programmer yet for the connections to the computer!
FloridaAKM is offline Find More Posts by FloridaAKM
Old Jan 15, 2014, 12:53 PM
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Jan 2013
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaAKM View Post
I finished building the frame a week or two ago & my ESC extensions just showed up along with the Kk2.1 FCB yesterday. Now to get it flying this weekend if I can! I don't have the programmer yet for the connections to the computer!
Make sure the blades are not installed when you power it up. Unless you changed out the ESCs I don't think the KK2 board will drive the bumblebee ESCs. Unless BumbleBee ESCs are connected to a BumbleBee FC, they will fire up at full speed and not respond to controls. This usually results in killing everything in the room. Don't ask me how I know this.
teamhairball is offline Find More Posts by teamhairball
Old Jan 15, 2014, 01:39 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jul 2002
6,340 Posts
Look Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamhairball View Post
Make sure the blades are not installed when you power it up. Unless you changed out the ESCs I don't think the KK2 board will drive the bumblebee ESCs. Unless BumbleBee ESCs are connected to a BumbleBee FC, they will fire up at full speed and not respond to controls. This usually results in killing everything in the room. Don't ask me how I know this.
You can say that again.. I got lucky as hell as I had not put on the props scared me to death thinking what would have happened. ditch the stock esc's and get some 18-20amp ones from HK pretty cheap and you will be fine.
tallflyer is online now Find More Posts by tallflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New GoPro Hero3+ Black Edition
Old Jan 15, 2014, 02:40 PM
United States, NY, Albany
Joined Jan 2013
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallflyer View Post
You can say that again.. I got lucky as hell as I had not put on the props scared me to death thinking what would have happened. ditch the stock esc's and get some 18-20amp ones from HK pretty cheap and you will be fine.
Let me know if you find an ESC that will fit under the little hoods. I would like to change the FC to maybe a Naza but don't want ESCs zip tied to the booms.
teamhairball is offline Find More Posts by teamhairball
Old Jan 15, 2014, 08:03 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Jul 2013
357 Posts
To clarify things, the Bumble Bee kit was only the frame, the original motors, nothing else. I originally put 4 Turnigy AE 25 ESCs in the arms, HK main power connection board to connect all the ESC's, a HK FCB ver 3 Atmega 328PA (didn't know any better @ the time) & a Turnigy 9X Tx/ Rx radio system. Tomorrow, I wil take the blades off & power her up to see what she does. The receiver & the FCB are stuck to the upper cf board with 3M double sided tape, since there was no way to use plastic stand offs. If the HK multi rotor board won't fly, the KK2v 1 is the next board to try out. Which programming tool do I need to connect the KK2v1 or a MultiWii 328P Flight Controller w/FTDI & DSM2 Port ( yes, I got one of those too in the armory) to my computer to set up all the things that need tweeking. I am still runnng Windows XP Pro. Thanks in advance!
FloridaAKM is offline Find More Posts by FloridaAKM
Old Jan 16, 2014, 07:31 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,584 Posts
I have a Bumble Bee 450 kit that I use a KK v5.5 controller.

It took a while to get it trimmed out but once I did it flew pretty good. That was until I let it get into the sun and it came down on an angle and a little hot.

The first pic is my original aluminum frame that folded up on landing but didn't even break a prop.

The second pic is my new fiberglass frame. Only took me a day to transfer the components from one frame to another. I will hopefully "maiden" the new frame this weekend.

I use a FlySky 9x transmitter and receiver which does a great job.
Eagle202 is offline Find More Posts by Eagle202
Last edited by Eagle202; Jan 16, 2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 22, 2014, 04:56 AM
RC
USA
Joined Jan 2004
26 Posts
Nope there still out there. Here's mine BB550. Going to start on the TBS Disc Pro next

kendive is offline Find More Posts by kendive
Old May 06, 2014, 12:41 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
383 Posts
BBB is square shaped alignment for motors, 2 at front and 2 at rear; but HK recommended V3 of KK board which is Diamond shape, Front, left right, rear, is there a toggle jumper to make the board working for BBB?
modelerchina is offline Find More Posts by modelerchina
Old Jun 03, 2014, 03:31 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Apr 2006
383 Posts
can someone recommend a propeller upgrade for bbb
modelerchina is offline Find More Posts by modelerchina