HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:36 AM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2011
168 Posts
Just got my AMA membership renewed and my Gulls Membership renewed. Im chompin at the bit.LOL
PropWorks West is offline Find More Posts by PropWorks West
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:02 AM
Carlsbad, Ca
Joined Mar 2007
3,061 Posts
Marked my calendar

Coyote
SR-7
Hobie
chip.greely is offline Find More Posts by chip.greely
Old Jan 25, 2013, 11:39 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMegowan View Post
Can't wait. The Slave Labor and his boss will be there. I'll make sure Canardly Griffin is there this year and I hope to have a surprise guest to join My Katie II, Coyote (both 5 and 6 foot wings),SR-7, my Talon, and of course my Hobie Hawk..
Hey Tony,
Can you, would you post a pick of your Canardly? As you may know I'm a huge Gryphon fan, but I have never seen what I think you are describing. A canard version of the G plane?

Eric.
oldscooler is offline Find More Posts by oldscooler
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:01 AM
Life was good
Joined Jul 2008
234 Posts
Hey everyone!
I have seen several Katie II's at the first two events and read where a lot of you learned to fly ailerons on the Katie II. How many flyable or nearly flyable Katie II's are out there? Maybe we should have a special fly of Katie II's, set a world record with them like we did with the Hobie Hawks. It is Katie's birthday, what do you think?
Bob
bob57hdt is offline Find More Posts by bob57hdt
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by bob57hdt; Jan 30, 2013 at 07:22 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:49 AM
Aeronca Driver
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Jul 2006
145 Posts
Great idea Bob. Lets go for it. Katie would love it.

-john
ch701 is online now Find More Posts by ch701
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2013, 02:23 PM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
What a pitty that the pond between us is so big...and pocket so small......
Wishing with all my soul be there....
My most sincere apreciation to Katie and Bob for bring us these so marvelous sailplanes.... and my little tribute to their talent...
Manolo.

ULTIMATE´S BOB MARTIN´S COYOTE SLOPE GLIDER (14 min 23 sec)
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Jan 27, 2013, 09:57 PM
Ask me about VTPR
America
Joined Aug 2002
2,223 Posts
Hi all,

I thought I would raise the topic of 'the raffle'. Last years participation was such a success with so many neat items, I will be donating another new product from Old S'CooL Hobbies this year.

In commemoration of Bob Martin RC Models in which Katie was the inspiration and driving force of the company, I am donating my newly released Laser cut GRYPHON model for the raffle. This laser cut model has been a new project I developed with Bobs blessing and I'm proud to have finally made it a reality.

Attached are some first shots of the parts. The kit will come with build plans and notes that I developed while assembling my personal ship as shown. The only request I have is, whoever wins the kit must build and fly the plane.

Thanks, Eric
oldscooler is offline Find More Posts by oldscooler
Last edited by oldscooler; Jan 27, 2013 at 11:39 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, CA, Ventura
Joined Jan 2013
20 Posts
Canardly Gryphon

As soon as I get it recovered I will take a couple of pictures. Bob actually came up with the idea and gave me the fuse and canards long ago. I flew it once but had trouble getting it trimmed. I am putting a servo in each wing then mixing them in the radio. One it is trimmed out without the canards I will add them and trim the canard to the existing setup. It should be fun.
TonyMegowan is offline Find More Posts by TonyMegowan
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:28 PM
gonzalo contreras
caracas
Joined Feb 2007
475 Posts
remember...

With 50 Years old today, at my 16 I have my first Coyote, Today i have the original box of the coyote with the price of the bird... Some days after the buy, with a group of friends and a lot of Coyotes in my country..... Venezuela, 15 crazy boys flying at the same time the soar of the momment, and making at same time the same figures, rolls, himelmans, loops... of course, some have an encounters in the sky, but it was part of the joytime..

Today, i´m a enthusiastic of the B.Martin planes,... you can see my page and know ¨something¨ about the B.Martin planes.. Nostalgic.. yes, these are a revolution in the Slope planes in all the world.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1028619

Some day i will visit you at one of the Katie Martin Tribute day fest,. From my very far land a Regards for alls, and enjoy this day.

Gonzalo Contreras S.

Sorry for my english, you know, my native languaje is Spanish.
gonzalo contrera is offline Find More Posts by gonzalo contrera
Last edited by gonzalo contrera; Jan 31, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:45 PM
Life was good
Joined Jul 2008
234 Posts
Coyote in South America

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalo contrera View Post
With 50 Years old today, at my 16 I have my first Coyote, Today i have the original box of the coyote with the price of the bird... Some days after the buy, with a group of friends and a lot of Coyotes in my country..... Venezuela, 15 crazy boys flying at the same time the soar of the momment, and making at same time the same figures, rolls, himelmans, loops... of course, some have an encounters in the sky, but it was part of the joytime..

Today, i´m a enthusiastic of the B.Martin planes,... you can see my page and know ¨something¨ about the B.Martin planes.. Nostalgic.. yes, these are a revolution in the Slope planes in all the world.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1028619

Some day i will visit you at one of the Katie Martin Tribute day fest,. From my very far land a Regards for alls, and enjoy this day.

Gonzalo Contreras S.

Sorry for my english, you know, my native languaje is Spanish.
I was very impressed with your effort on the mini Coyote. You did a magnificent job creating a smaller version. The thread ended but I did not see any flying reports. Please post a link to those too.
Thank you for all your kind words and I sincerely hope someday soon, you will be able to join us celebrating Katie. I look forward to your future posts and someday meeting you in person.
Bob Martin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:51 PM
Life was good
Joined Jul 2008
234 Posts
Senior Ortiz,
What a touching post. The video reminds me of the many times Katie and I would fly until the sun set and we could not longer see our planes. I was happy to hear your hobby is a family affair.
Thanks very much,
Bob Martin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:22 AM
Fly to live- Live to fly
ROTA-CADIZ-SPAIN
Joined Jan 2008
1,046 Posts
I´m who must to give the tx to you, Bob.
Manolo.
ultimatetwo is offline Find More Posts by ultimatetwo
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:35 PM
gonzalo contreras
caracas
Joined Feb 2007
475 Posts
good planes..

I remember my ¨New¨ yellow mustard Kraft, 4 channel radio at AM frecuency installed in my bird, nothing about the latest Futaba or FM and newest 2.4 frecuency.

Today in my club some members have Coyotes ( original and copies ) flying with other planes, the success of the design was and now continues, particulary i have SR-7, Coyote, Mini Coyote, and Jaguars ( not yours but of the era )

About the Mini Coyote, it fly very fast and have the same caracteristics of the 1:1 plane, its a very funny plane, and have a VERY strong fuse, it´s unbreackable, not with the same flex of the DURALENE fuses, but it´s really strong.

You can supose the impact of your models in my country with one information. Two of yours ¨list of friend¨ are from my country. Dodici and Volandoboy, I agree of this list

Mr. Martin, i never imagine in my past years a comunication with you, for me it´s a honor have a contact with you, it´s the miracle of the Internet and the new technologies.

Regards and enjoy the flying day.

The follow link of my club in facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/398958743487468/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Gonzalo Contreras Solis.
gonzalo contrera is offline Find More Posts by gonzalo contrera
Last edited by gonzalo contrera; Feb 06, 2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 09:28 PM
United States, AZ, Lake Havasu City
Joined Feb 2011
168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalo contrera View Post
I remember my ¨New¨ yellow mustard Kraft, 4 channel radio at AM frecuency installed in my bird, nothing about the latest Futaba or FM and newest 2.4 frecuency.

Today in my club some members have Coyotes ( original and copies ) flying with other planes, the success of the design was and now continues, particulary i have SR-7, Coyote, Mini Coyote, and Jaguars ( not yours but of the era )

About the Mini Coyote, it fly very fast and have the same caracteristics of the 1:1 plane, its a very funny plane, and have a VERY strong fuse, it´s unbreackable, not with the same flex of the DURALENE fuses, but it´s really strong.

You can supose the impact of your models in my country with one information. Two of yours ¨list of friend¨ are from my country. Dodici and Volandoboy, I agree of this list

Mr. Martin, i never imagine in my past years a comunication with you, for me it´s a honor have a contact with you, it´s the miracle of the Internet and the new technologies.

Regards and enjoy the flying day.

The follow link of my club in facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/398958743487468/

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Gonzalo Contreras Solis.
Now your really going to make his head big. LOL
Thats a great shot of your SR-7 in the air
PropWorks West is offline Find More Posts by PropWorks West
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:07 AM
Joined Apr 2010
8 Posts
hi all!

Like Gonzalo i'm from Venezuela too. I have a original Coyote, here I a nice photo of it.
Tibor Kertesz is offline Find More Posts by Tibor Kertesz