SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 02, 2014, 09:50 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Hey all. Been looking around for a quart of DTE for my Ram but I'm finding more than one type it seems. Will someone please direct me to a good place to get the right stuff? Just want a quart to try out. Thanks
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:41 AM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by av8ersteve View Post
Hey all. Been looking around for a quart of DTE for my Ram but I'm finding more than one type it seems. Will someone please direct me to a good place to get the right stuff? Just want a quart to try out. Thanks
Sorry I missed this one.

I doubt you will find DTE in a quart. The smallest bottle I know of is a gallon.

You want DTE Light. ISO 32, SAE 10. You can buy it at McMaster Carr, or from dreamworks. OR... any industrial shop. But if you get it at a local industrial shop... do not accept an alternate version. There are oils that cross just fine for a machine spindle, but wont work in a turbine.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:16 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Thanks Dr. I deal with McMaster all the time for work. I'll get some on the way.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Feb 09, 2014, 08:54 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Apr 2012
81 Posts
Yes am using DTE Lite here in Australia as well, only available here in 20L containers.
Efloater is offline Find More Posts by Efloater
Old Apr 23, 2014, 05:58 PM
Joined Feb 2014
1 Posts
Biodiesel

I'm a newbie when it comes to turbines but make biodiesel professionally and plan to use it in my Wren 70. I am aware of its great lube properties, so have few qualms about ramping up the blend to 100% . My question is about miscibility of biodiesel with the various turbine oils y'all talking about. My clubmates with turbines seem to get hold of these easily enough (in England). They also get Jet A1 fro a local airfield, though automotive diesel is even easier. Any experiences out there?
aeolus_uk is offline Find More Posts by aeolus_uk