SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:53 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,547 Posts
New Product
TOPGUNS new J10 Composite Turbine Jet!

Hey guys, Ricky has been hard at work on new composite models, and the first big jet is a J10! Makes sense I suppose

This is almost 1.8m wingspan, and runs a Robbe 16kg turbine. The kit will be available in an almost ARF format, with turbine packaged together, undercarriage etc, all the scale stuff as a one box affair. Pricing will be announced very soon. We can ship them direct from the factory.

Here is some initial video of the test model:

J-10 + Robbe RP-160 (3 min 49 sec)

The next new jet on the way is a 2.1m long Mirage!! Yup an all composite Mirage which is being designed around my 127mm Alloy ramtec fan. Ricky has a fan unit on hand and I am hoping to get one of the first airframes so I can build a demo model with the new 800 series inrunner and try it out on both 12s and 14s
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
26 Posts
Mark, Thanks firstly for the prompt despatching of products, i did communicate with Ricky a few months back about composite jets as i was looking for a Mirage and especially an F4 ( hopefully) and i thought is this scale a little too big? I mean it would not be practical. Unless we move to perth and buy a big pickup truck i think we all have the same problem here on the east coast.
I would have thought jets to fill the gap in the market would have been more viable. A size between foam and turbine. I would have loved to see Ricky bringing out jets at 1.7 - 1.8 mtr in composite, then you can still transport them , they are larger than a foamy and dont have to go all out with power setups. I think the important thing for everyone would be getting them to the field and back.
I really thought that this size would really fill a void in the market while also being affordable and giving HTG lots of sales. Volume v's margin.
I dont know about others but i wouldnt hesitate with a mirage or F4 of 1.7-1.8 length but 2.1 and up seems too big.
Your thoughts , maybe you can see what Ricky thinks.
Thanks
By the way the Tornado thrust stand works great. And also CS have just brought out the 70mm 12 blades with 7 stator housings. Just bought 4 from Hobby paradise. $16
Buzzlightyear71 is offline Find More Posts by Buzzlightyear71