HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:00 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Discussion
What's good for the oil industry is good for US...right?

http://www.amazon.com/Private-Empire.../dp/1594203350
dll932 is offline Find More Posts by dll932
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,175 Posts
The classic statement is, "What is good for General Motors is good for the country."
Jim Thomerson is online now Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Jul 01, 2012, 07:09 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post
The classic statement is, "What is good for General Motors is good for the country."
Yup...and we saw how well THAT worked out.
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:05 PM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Oh great, another ultra Leftist proclaiming himself to be "non partisan" when Soros himself has made the organization that the author heads one of his pet Lefty organizations and promoting it through Soros' "generous" donations.
The author, Steve Coll, is head of the Leftist "New America Foundation".

So yea, this is a real tell-all book that exposes the "evil" oil companies. Yea. Right.
Click on the link below for the New America Foundation.

Quote:
Think tanks that promote leftist policies:
  • The Institute for Policy Studies has long supported Communist and anti-American causes around the world. It seeks to provide a corrective to the “unrestrained greed” of “markets and individualism.”96
  • The New America Foundation tries to influence public opinion on such topics as healthcare, environmentalism, energy policy, and global governance.97
  • The Urban Institute favors socialized medicine, expansion of the federal welfare bureaucracy, and tax hikes for higher income-earners.98
http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:32 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
ExxonMobil is a great American company, providing a valuable product throughout the world. I, for one, am glad I don't have to ride a horse or walk everywhere I want to go, like my ancestors did not that long ago. Crude oil rules!
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:32 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
Oh great, another ultra Leftist proclaiming himself to be "non partisan" when Soros himself has made the organization that the author heads one of his pet Lefty organizations and promoting it through Soros' "generous" donations.
The author, Steve Coll, is head of the Leftist "New America Foundation".

So yea, this is a real tell-all book that exposes the "evil" oil companies. Yea. Right.
Click on the link below for the New America Foundation.

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/i....asp?indid=977
So, does that make them wrong about Big Oil?
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:11 AM
Out of Time
United States, TX
Joined Jul 2003
1,092 Posts
Highflight is offline Find More Posts by Highflight
Last edited by Highflight; Jul 20, 2012 at 11:12 PM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 04:37 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight View Post
It makes him so partisan that he cannot see a "whole" issue, but only his one-sided view of how HE thinks the world should work.
Since Exxon-Mobil doesn't comply with how an ultra Leftist believes that the world should fit in with his ultra Leftist worldview, then yes, it does make him wrong about "Big Oil" when he presents only his twisted view of how business works.

I'm getting sick of the Left lecturing the Right on how the Right does things as if the Left knows a damn thing about how the real world works.
Why isn't your Leftist author writing a book entitled: "Private Empire - The Obama Administration - And American Power".?
Don't you think that the money that Obama has spent of taxpayer's money that amounts to trillions is a little more significant that the billions that oil companies spent of their own money?

But no, I get to be lectured once again by a Leftist who ignores the stink that his kind make all around him and instead want to tell the rest of us how evil American business "really is".

I call BS of the highest degree on that on.
How do you really feel? Hey, how many multinationals care about what happens in the US?