Old Jul 30, 2011, 07:01 AM
my mental eXcape!
USA, Ohio, Catawba Island
Joined Jan 2011
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nese View Post
Here it is
Got enough heli to get that equipment off the ground?
HeliGriff is online now Find More Posts by HeliGriff
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:30 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,042 Posts
Anyone know where I can get an Exceed Classima 300 canopy?
dsobbe is online now Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Jul 30, 2011, 01:27 PM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo E
Joined Dec 2010
88 Posts
Nese: Is the fuel gauge just to tell you actual volts of the battery so you can fly till 3.7x2=7.4???
dkb194 is offline Find More Posts by dkb194
Old Jul 30, 2011, 02:24 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsobbe View Post
Anyone know where I can get an Exceed Classima 300 canopy?
I have one. $1,000,000.00

Seriously, xheli took away the Classima 300 Replacement Parts webpage. However, they will "special order" any original Classima parts. If for some reason you can't get one, I'll let you have mine, for sure. Let me know.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 03:45 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
1,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
I have one. $1,000,000.00

Seriously, xheli took away the Classima 300 Replacement Parts webpage. However, they will "special order" any original Classima parts. If for some reason you can't get one, I'll let you have mine, for sure. Let me know.
Sorry, but I won't pay less than 10,000,000.00

I'll check out Xheli. I want to replace the canopy on my 4F180. It's too dark to stand out at a distance. Besides, the color scheme looks like it was picked out by a Chinese restraunt decorator.
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it and will keep it in mind.
dsobbe is online now Find More Posts by dsobbe
Old Jul 30, 2011, 08:14 PM
hoten-x,master-cp,v120d02s,etc
Tampa,FL
Joined Dec 2003
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
0.3 mod according to post #50, pg4 of this thread.
Ah! thankyou!...Now It's a matter of finding them to buy somewhere. I found a UK store with exactly what I'm looking for but they don't ship to the US, sent a email to see if they can make an exception.
candy76man is online now Find More Posts by candy76man
Old Jul 30, 2011, 09:13 PM
I haveno idea what I am doing
United States, SC, Lexington
Joined Jun 2011
123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin View Post
If anyone needs lipos, i just ordered a couple of these from HK, price code good 14 days from 7/29:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...0-761D118CD52C
I have a 1300 mah but seems a little heavy, (86 gr. versus 53gr.) so i'll try these.
Thanks for the link I picked up a coupla those.
2dmatt is offline Find More Posts by 2dmatt
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:01 PM
Joined Nov 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Got enough heli to get that equipment off the ground?
Oh yes. Plenty... depending on how its flown . Here's a video I took of my V200 - Fully Loaded, lights switched off, except for the front pilot light which is always on

There are 3 set points for voltage alarms: Level 1 (I set this at 3.7V per cell), Level 2 (set at 3.6V per cell) and total voltage (set at 7 V).

Y'know I actually forgot to remove the old voltage indicator that still stuck to the back.

My V200D01 with telemetery flying outdoors in the wind (1 min 21 sec)

Just trying to see whether it can be done.
nese is offline Find More Posts by nese
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:08 PM
Joined Nov 2010
925 Posts
And yes, there was wind from my left and behind me. The mic that's next to my face picked this up especially at he start of the video and there were some flags behind me (not in the video) that were flying about 40-50%. I'd say it was ranging about 2-4m/s wind with gusts changing direction. The sleeve mod works well - thanks guys!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:02 PM
my mental eXcape!
Joined Jan 2011
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Oh yes. Plenty... depending on how its flown . Here's a video I took of my V200 - Fully Loaded, lights switched off, except for the front pilot light which is always on

There are 3 set points for voltage alarms: Level 1 (I set this at 3.7V per cell), Level 2 (set at 3.6V per cell) and total voltage (set at 7 V).

Y'know I actually forgot to remove the old voltage indicator that still stuck to the back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tleQlswE_Yk

Just trying to see whether it can be done.
Very nice! I like the equipment! I could have used that today when I forgot my timer!

Even more, I like seeing all the nose-in & lazy piros. It really helps when you have to recover from disorientaion!

I had my V200 out today and got it all spun around at quite a distance away. It was going down sideways. First, I had to spin it just to tell which way it was pointing so I could recover. I saw some yellow come into view and was then able to correct, quite nicely I might add! I couldn't have done that without all the hours I've spent practicing that very thing.

Thanks for the video!
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:28 PM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by candy76man View Post
Ah! thankyou!...Now It's a matter of finding them to buy somewhere. I found a UK store with exactly what I'm looking for but they don't ship to the US, sent a email to see if they can make an exception.
good luck with your upgrade, I thought i had a bookmark for a pinion supplier but don't have it here, i'll check my work computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dmatt View Post
Thanks for the link I picked up a coupla those.
thanks for using the code!

Quote:
And yes, there was wind from my left and behind me. The mic that's next to my face picked this up especially at he start of the video and there were some flags behind me (not in the video) that were flying about 40-50%. I'd say it was ranging about 2-4m/s wind with gusts changing direction. The sleeve mod works well - thanks guys!
nice setup nese, i haven't gotten to the mod yet. what lights are you using? i got some of these in blue and white, sort of a strobe effect.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17194
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:22 AM
Joined Nov 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkb194 View Post
Nese: Is the fuel gauge just to tell you actual volts of the battery so you can fly till 3.7x2=7.4???
Kinda, yeah. But you know how the voltage dips and then "bounces" back up when the load is removed. Different batteries behave differently but I think it gives me an idea when a particular cell in a battery is giving in. I flew today for about 6-8 mins a pack before I got the second alarm (i.e. one of the cells reached 3.6V). When I got back to charge them on my B6 charges I got about 830+mAh on the stock 1000mAh batteries so that's about the 80% mark.

Of course when you look at it all it's quite an overkill as a timer or a voltage indicator would have sufficed. I'm just loading the V. Then there is the optional kit allows temp and current readings to be sent back to the screen unit, but I think practically it would add too much weight. Anyways, I bought this from hobby king. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...mp_mAh_V2.html
and added on the flexible antenna to lighten the load.
Last edited by nese; Jul 31, 2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:42 AM
Joined Nov 2010
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenahelin;18911709
nice setup nese, i haven't gotten to the mod yet. what lights are you using? i got some of these in blue and white, sort of a strobe effect.
[url
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=17194[/url]
Thanks

I built mine from scratch after amassing all these materials over the last couple of months or so - servo extension cables from ebay and from local electronics stores around town like these LEDs, connectors, mini switches, really thin wires and and some resistors.

Other than bling I was going for basic functionality of landing and navigation lights - to help me with orientation and take-off/landing when the field is dark. The conventional green and red for the different sides help me confirm which way it's pointing (right or left) and 2 bright white lights means its headed back at me.

LEDs these days are quite bright. My wife says the only thing she sees when she looks at the dark field is my heli, and she can see it land on the bald patch on the field
Old Jul 31, 2011, 02:46 AM
Joined Nov 2010
793 Posts
If anyone interested these flash leds with wires http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT have wide range of voltage, i tested 3.7V-12V. No resistors required.
alexaglob is offline Find More Posts by alexaglob