SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,137 Posts
All of the programming boxes are just like the RX3S, the very first programming must be done using the USBASP. It has been a while since I opened a dlux, the best I can recall is that the ISP pads names are silk screened on the PCB and you need to solder wires to the pads to connect the USBASP. I think I soldered wires to a header that would plug into the USBASP 6 pin cable and left that header and wire in the box in case it was ever needed again.

Once you have the USBASP connected, you program the Flash with the AVRootloader for the the dlux box and change the fuse bits to indicate a boot loader is installed. That should be the last time you need the USBASP for the dlux box.

You then use the ftdi onewire programmer to load the dlux firmware via the top 3 pin connector (the same connector that you will use to connect to the RX3S for configuration).

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton999 View Post
I'm in the process to get all the needed hardware, everything is on it's way from China. But I have one question which I'm not able to find the answer in this long interesting thread.
If I want to program the dLux program box with bootloader enabled should I do that through the signal pin at the upper connector at the side with the FTDI one wire adapter ??

Tnx,Ruud
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Find More Posts by stubtoe
Cheshire UK
Joined May 2002
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth View Post
Hi Joe,
I'm not going to the nationals but I can have a look at your stuff and at least program everything with the latest firmware (if you want)
ckleanth
I think John and yourself have given me all the info required but am still unable to connect my RX3S-V3 with the HK programmer. I've also modified an FTDI programmer using a IN5819 not a IN5817 diode ( this must be the diode you referred to in #3782) but still can't load the latest build FW= 20150821_RX3S_V2.hex and that's after loading the Bootloader.

So would you please checkout both devices along with the RX3S - V3.
Please send details, not sure how this is done, but will enclose return postage... regards Joe
stubtoe is offline Find More Posts by stubtoe
Old Today, 08:49 AM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,137 Posts
@ckleath

George, when you get the units use the USBASP to read the current contents of the flash (both OFS and AVRootloader) and verify them against the hex file used to burn them.

This might help understand what is going wrong.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubtoe View Post
ckleanth
I think John and yourself have given me all the info required but am still unable to connect my RX3S-V3 with the HK programmer. I've also modified an FTDI programmer using a IN5819 not a IN5817 diode ( this must be the diode you referred to in #3782) but still can't load the latest build FW= 20150821_RX3S_V2.hex and that's after loading the Bootloader.

So would you please checkout both devices along with the RX3S - V3.
Please send details, not sure how this is done, but will enclose return postage... regards Joe
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Today, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by ckleanth
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
2,737 Posts
Ok mate.
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth