New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by Tom T
Learning to crash
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2014
1,076 Posts
I just put an X8R in mine last week. Although it comes with the paddles it has been suggested to me to change the paddles out to whiskers and run them outside the fuselage for little better reception. I did cut the small block of foam out to accommodate the rx, but it fits fine now. I've had it for 2 weeks and havent even maidened it yet. Tried to get a buddy (experienced glider pilot) to do a shake down flight for me this past weekend, but he was doing some house repairs for a friend, so hopefully I can launch it this long weekend coming up.

Also had the great help of mjcp to set me up a taranis eepe file for my RP. Read this post. And its model 5, not 6.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19902
Tom T is online now Find More Posts by Tom T
Last edited by Tom T; Yesterday at 09:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Find More Posts by RodgerC130
Retired AF Flight Engineer
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Jan 2006
60 Posts
I'm flying my RP as a normal setup with flaps. I'm using a DX6 and have flaps programed with 50% and 100% settings. Normally as soon as I turn base on final approach I lower my flaps to 50% and that is plenty of flaps for a normal landing. If I'm in a tight spot I will use 100% flaps as I cross over then end of the runway. I rarely have to use 100% flaps. Once you get the hang of it, it gets to be a non issue and you can do spot landings pretty easy.
RodgerC130 is offline Find More Posts by RodgerC130
Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM
Find More Posts by smittyboy
Joined Mar 2014
526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerC130 View Post
I'm flying my RP as a normal setup with flaps. I'm using a DX6 and have flaps programed with 50% and 100% settings. Normally as soon as I turn base on final approach I lower my flaps to 50% and that is plenty of flaps for a normal landing. If I'm in a tight spot I will use 100% flaps as I cross over then end of the runway. I rarely have to use 100% flaps. Once you get the hang of it, it gets to be a non issue and you can do spot landings pretty easy.
And have you mixed any elevator in at all? I tried just using straight Flaps and even moved just slightly it made my RP stall. I had to mix in elevator to level it out.
smittyboy is online now Find More Posts by smittyboy
Old Today, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by Tom T
Learning to crash
Joined May 2014
1,076 Posts
So I think I would like to replace my stock control rods amd sleeves with some goldenrods. Do the stock ones come out pretty easily, or are they glued in the entire length of the outer tubing?
Old Today, 01:25 PM
Find More Posts by Jovanx
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,433 Posts
Just pull and they come out easily without damaging the foam. They are glued in with the same white rubbery stuff that is often mistaken for silicone.

My suggestion would be to move the elevator servo to the tail and just replace the push rod for the rudder. It's easier than it sounds and it opens up valuable space in the receiver bay.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Today, 03:51 PM
Find More Posts by Tom T
Learning to crash
Joined May 2014
1,076 Posts
Thank you