New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:18 PM
Find More Posts by efflux RC
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Aug 2009
9,638 Posts
Nice paint scheme Dave. Makes it much easier to see.

The new "32x" color scheme is the best.
efflux RC is offline Find More Posts by efflux RC
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Updated blog Oct 2014
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2015, 10:46 AM
Find More Posts by drjay
Los Angeles, California
Joined Jul 2010
407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sothpaw View Post
While I'm thinking about it...

...does anyone have feedback on the Jetfan80 w/Het 2085? I maidened a new H32 w/this combo a few weeks back. I figured the amp pull was around 100-105 but I didn't measure. I set the timer for 2:00 and I started landing sequence at 2:40 (was distracted by issues on ground).

I had to deadstick...there was no power left by 2:50. This was on a full 5300 6S pack. The lowest cell was 3.2v when I checked it on the charger. With my other H32 on stock fan, the same pack can be squeezed for a 4.5 min flight and it won't be lower than 3.7v.

Thanks!!

Andy
Once had a very similar issue - turns out the pack wasn't charged as I had gotten distracted and grabbed the wrong one. I fly 2x 4S 4400 packs. My flight seems to cut off around the time yours did and I dead sticked it in fortunately. When I checked packs - 3.2V - normally I land with about 3.77-3.8 per cell. Suspect a similar issue.

Was able to rescue the cells, no issues since.
drjay is offline Find More Posts by drjay
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:13 AM
Find More Posts by sothpaw
Joined Jun 2012
389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efflux RC View Post
Hi Andy,

The JF80/ 700-60-2085 set up pulls 94A (on the bench). It' will pull about 103-110 amps when installed in the jet.

The PWM should be at 12.
Timing should be from 0* to 6* max. (with 0 pulling the least amps)

Good batteries (not say'n yours arent) and good throttle managment will extend the flight time.

Hope that helps.
Thanks! The defaults for my controller are PWM of 12 and timing of "normal 5". So I think the hardware will be fine, I just need to adjust down the flight time. This was a fairly new 5300mAH pack, it should have been fully charged.

I have to be more careful when I fly this bird. This was a weekend evening and there were other pilots at the club. I asked for "first flight" which is in the club rules...everybody has to land and give you space for the first flight by rule/bylaw.

I trimmed it out in a minute or so and did 1 fast pass. But then this young (21) guy starts up this 1/6 scale gas 3D plane...like 15 feet from where I'm standing. I couldn't hear ____. He went taxied for takeoff and then took off.

I had no trouble w/the deadstick landing, the H32 w/full flaps handled fine. I landed in grass and it slowed down nice and didn't hit anything (landed somewhat near pavilion because I didn't want to turn it anymore...I didn't want to stall).

Some folks have to deal w/flying off grass; I'm fortunate to have access to a club w/pavement. But the down side is that it is congested and not everyone follows the rules (their have been mid-airs. I like to fly the H32 alone for this reason).

Do you guys fly at clubs where EDF are popular? My club is dominated by glow engined planes with a few gas ones for good measure. There are 3 other guys that fly EDF. Two of them rarely fly and the 3rd guy has some small foamy edf. At any rate, I don't think the glow/gas guys really understand or respect the short flight time of edf or the danger of a flameout.
sothpaw is offline Find More Posts by sothpaw
Last edited by sothpaw; Aug 25, 2015 at 11:20 AM.