New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
Find More Posts by DavidB425
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Mar 2015
20 Posts
Discussion
dead cell?

Hey guys, I poked around before posting and didnt see anyone with my same issue, wanted to make sure not to make a double thread. I was racing the other day and had a little crash, 4s lipo was slightly dented but didnt seem like anything crazy. When I plugged it into the voltage reader it showed that cell 2 had 0 volts. Plugging it back into my quad showed that it was still putting out current. I unwrapped it tonight to see if a balance lead had come off in the crash but all seems fine. Any idea what it could be? Thanks! Would love not to have to replace this battery since I just got it and have cycled it maybe 5 times.
DavidB425 is online now Find More Posts by DavidB425
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM
Find More Posts by desertstalker
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2010
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidB425 View Post
Any idea what it could be?
The damage to the cell has caused can internal short circuit (fortunately for you the cell did not burn up). What is the overall voltage of the pack (measured from the main leads)?

In all probability that cell is gone for good, so if you need a 4S pack you will need to buy another.
desertstalker is offline Find More Posts by desertstalker