New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 05, 2015, 03:57 AM
Find More Posts by JohnnyNegativity
Joined Aug 2014
65 Posts
Discussion
Skyzone 5.8GHz Tx/Rx Problem

I have the Skyzone 5.8ghz Tx/Rx (200mw version)

Sometimes it works fine, power on and ready to go.

Most times however, I get something like this:
Fpv problem (0 min 45 sec)

Sometimes it starts with a completely white screen and then starts flickering/lines appearing after a minute or so. Then the above where you can see the OSD is starting to show up but the signal is terrible.

Usually it starts working normally after a while (after pulling my hair out, turning both tx and rx on and off and on and off and on and off... checking all connections etc.)

I don't think anything is loose and everything seems to be wired correctly.

I've tried it with another Tx (Skyzone 1000mw) and it does exactly the same thing so I'm starting to think it's a problem with the receiver.

Once it starts working normally it doesn't drop the signal again. And I can turn the tx/rx on and off and it then still works normally. When I come back to it after a few days the same thing happens again.

Anyone got this before? Losing my mind here.
JohnnyNegativity is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyNegativity
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 05, 2015, 12:02 PM
Find More Posts by soupaboy
Im here to learn. Please help
United Kingdom, England, Richmond
Joined Mar 2014
515 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyNegativity View Post
I have the Skyzone 5.8ghz Tx/Rx (200mw version)

Sometimes it works fine, power on and ready to go.

Most times however, I get something like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TsU5WIg978
Sometimes it starts with a completely white screen and then starts flickering/lines appearing after a minute or so. Then the above where you can see the OSD is starting to show up but the signal is terrible.

Usually it starts working normally after a while (after pulling my hair out, turning both tx and rx on and off and on and off and on and off... checking all connections etc.)

I don't think anything is loose and everything seems to be wired correctly.

I've tried it with another Tx (Skyzone 1000mw) and it does exactly the same thing so I'm starting to think it's a problem with the receiver.

Once it starts working normally it doesn't drop the signal again. And I can turn the tx/rx on and off and it then still works normally. When I come back to it after a few days the same thing happens again.

Anyone got this before? Losing my mind here.
I had something that looked like this before. its possible that either your camera is being improperly powered (check if you are giving 5v to a 12v or the other way around) and check if the transmitter has all the ground cables properly set up. walk around 5m away from the system with the transmitter and put it down. THEN set your channels as you will also get static when too close.

Long story short:
get around 5m space between the TX and RX and then set the channels up.
or check the correct voltage is going into the camera.

I hope this helps

-Alex

Edit: If you are using circularly polarised antennas make sure they are the same rotation and the antenna connectors are correct. (if the antenna has a hole in the middle then the R/X should have a small pin to stick into the antennas connector
soupaboy is offline Find More Posts by soupaboy
Old Apr 05, 2015, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by JohnnyNegativity
Joined Aug 2014
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupaboy View Post
I had something that looked like this before. its possible that either your camera is being improperly powered (check if you are giving 5v to a 12v or the other way around) and check if the transmitter has all the ground cables properly set up. walk around 5m away from the system with the transmitter and put it down. THEN set your channels as you will also get static when too close.

Long story short:
get around 5m space between the TX and RX and then set the channels up.
or check the correct voltage is going into the camera.

I hope this helps

-Alex

Edit: If you are using circularly polarised antennas make sure they are the same rotation and the antenna connectors are correct. (if the antenna has a hole in the middle then the R/X should have a small pin to stick into the antennas connector
Thanks for the response.

I can rule out the camera not being powered correctly as I've tested with a small sony ccd and a sony a6000 mirrorless that's self powered.

Ground cables all correctly wired.

Channels are already set on the Rx and both Txs.

The confusing thing is that it seems to just starts working with nothing changing in terms of channel/wiring etc.
JohnnyNegativity is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyNegativity
Old Apr 05, 2015, 04:20 PM
Find More Posts by soupaboy
Im here to learn. Please help
United Kingdom, England, Richmond
Joined Mar 2014
515 Posts
well until you try a new receiver we cant rule out the possibility that its the issue. Have you ordered a new one or tried to file a faulty item issue with who you purchased it from?
soupaboy is offline Find More Posts by soupaboy