New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Do you think Global Warming is caused by Mankinds burning of fossil fuels?
Yes, it is caused by fossil fuels 232 34.63%
Not sure 77 11.49%
No it is not cause by fossil fuels 361 53.88%
Voters: 670. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 02, 2015, 06:04 PM
Find More Posts by lordsirob
United States, FL, North Palm Beach
Joined Jul 2004
116 Posts
We had some local extreme (ly nice) weather today. Where do I buy me some carbon offset credits (but then again, I flew/drove electrics today - but the field has a big assed diesel generator for charging... I think I'll get the BOD interested in a couple of acres of solar panels to go truly green)...
lordsirob is offline Find More Posts by lordsirob
Old May 02, 2015, 08:18 PM
Find More Posts by Ron H
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsirob View Post
We had some local extreme (ly nice) weather today. Where do I buy me some carbon offset credits (but then again, I flew/drove electrics today - but the field has a big assed diesel generator for charging... I think I'll get the BOD interested in a couple of acres of solar panels to go truly green)...
Perfect weather in some areas is expected during climate shift.

I just turned four truckloads of yard debris into bio-char. Doing my part to save the planet from these horrid beautiful days.
Ron H is online now Find More Posts by Ron H
Old May 02, 2015, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by mikefast
Houston Intercont, Texas, United States
Joined Jun 2001
122 Posts
It was perfect weather in Houston today also. Matter of fact, has been great for the last week or so. Hasn't knowair come up with a new username yet? Kind of quiet in here lately.
mikefast is online now Find More Posts by mikefast
Old May 02, 2015, 09:50 PM
Find More Posts by Ron H
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefast View Post
It was perfect weather in Houston today also. Matter of fact, has been great for the last week or so. Hasn't knowair come up with a new username yet? Kind of quiet in here lately.
Perfect? Do you realize that you are in a small area of the planet that doesn't matter? Perfect weather may possibly be caused by jet stream fluctuations, which have been PROVED to maybe have an influence.

Great, just great. Now I feel guilty, my biochar has turned into useless ashes. Useless ashes. I could have had biochar
Old May 02, 2015, 09:57 PM
Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,770 Posts
Practice, and you should be able to get that char right.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old May 02, 2015, 11:12 PM
Find More Posts by Ron H
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto Rob View Post
Practice, and you should be able to get that char right.
I'm working on it, but i can't tell exactly when to stop the burn. At what point does the burning wood stop being charcoal (which is bad) and turn into biochar(which is good) before turning into ashes(which are bad)?
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM
Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,770 Posts
Depends on what you want it for. To help your soil its all fine whether its charcoal or fully ash. Biochar is charcoal.
Charred is easier to mix into the soil, than fully ash. As the ash blows away easier. And just charred is probably better for organisms looking for a home.
It is detrimental to the atmosphere, absorbs Oxygen as it oxidizes. The pollution police around here will fine you for making it out in the open. I just get a friend to save the wood stove ashes for me.
The soil needs balance, so I also mix in regular mulch.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Yesterday, 03:57 AM
Find More Posts by H2SO4
Mixmasta belongum jeezus kraes
Australia, New South Wales, Sydney
Joined Jan 2011
2,820 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
You appear to be the last alarmist standing on this toy plane forum, and so the only one to whom one may address a question.

Thousands of peer reviewed papers stipulating that more research is needed appears to confirm a lack of understanding.
Lots of research does not confirm a lack of understanding. That is a very strange - and yet telling - thing to say. One might as well claim that oncologists know nothing about cancer, since they feel the urge to research it so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
Upon what theory or hypothesis does a "consensus of scientists" agree? Perhaps you can locate this theory published somewhere because I cannot find it referenced in any of these papers. None of them can say what amount of warming is caused by man, if any.
It is not difficult to find published statements of scientific consensus on AGW.

https://royalsociety.org/news/2014/c...idence-causes/
The Royal Society and the US National Academy of Sciences released a joint publication today that explains the clear evidence that humans are causing the climate to change, and that addresses a variety of other key questions commonly asked about climate change science.
In fact, there are many similar multinational joint statements. It takes a tertiary degree in Denialism to pretend none of that exists.
H2SO4 is offline Find More Posts by H2SO4
Old Yesterday, 05:29 AM
Find More Posts by XRAYRON
United States, FL, Auburndale
Joined Jan 2015
177 Posts
This thread is so old it says "Global Warming" LMAO... before that they used to say "Global Cooling" now it's "Climate Change" lol

Sorry man you set yourself up for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron H View Post
Perfect? Do you realize that you are in a small area of the planet that doesn't matter? Perfect weather may possibly be caused by jet stream fluctuations, which have been PROVED to maybe have an influence.

Great, just great. Now I feel guilty, my biochar has turned into useless ashes. Useless ashes. I could have had biochar
You just said "Proved to Maybe" and "Ash is useless."

Common sense would tell you ash has no use...Science say's otherwise and it has MANY uses.
XRAYRON is offline Find More Posts by XRAYRON
Last edited by XRAYRON; Yesterday at 05:42 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:52 AM
Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XRAYRON View Post
This thread is so old it says "Global Warming" LMAO... before that they used to say "Global Cooling" now it's "Climate Change" lol

Common sense would tell you ash has no use...Science say's otherwise and it has MANY uses.
It was irony. He didn't set himself up for anything.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Yesterday, 05:56 AM
Find More Posts by rcposter
Je Suis Turkana Boy
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
193 Posts
Quote:
HA! Good one! Can I use that?
rcposter is offline Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Yesterday, 06:09 AM
Find More Posts by saltyzoo
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
156 Posts
It's almost impossible to come into a thread with 2000 pages and understand what the conversation is about.

I recommend any new posters read the entire thread, and join us next year when they are caught up. . Unless, of course, you're a sock puppet, in which case you can join us right away and post stupid pictures just like victory Pete did.

At least he stopped posting local weather events as "proof" of global warming. That really irritated me.
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM
Find More Posts by Ron H
Bishopville S.C.
Joined May 2003
4,147 Posts
Quote:

I was hoping nobody would notice the "maybe" in there. It and similar words seem to be invisible to some people, while "proved" or similar stands out.
Old Yesterday, 08:23 AM
Find More Posts by lordsirob
United States, FL, North Palm Beach
Joined Jul 2004
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post

I recommend any new posters read the entire thread, and join us next year when they are caught up. .
Like that is ever going to happen Even so, I'd recommend it just for the entertainment value...
lordsirob is offline Find More Posts by lordsirob
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by JumpySticks
Drifting off the reservation..
USA, LA, Broussard
Joined Jan 2011
2,296 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H2SO4 View Post
Lots of research does not confirm a lack of understanding. That is a very strange - and yet telling - thing to say. One might as well claim that oncologists know nothing about cancer, since they feel the urge to research it so much.

It is not difficult to find published statements of scientific consensus on AGW.

https://royalsociety.org/news/2014/c...idence-causes/
The Royal Society and the US National Academy of Sciences released a joint publication today that explains the clear evidence that humans are causing the climate to change, and that addresses a variety of other key questions commonly asked about climate change science.
In fact, there are many similar multinational joint statements. It takes a tertiary degree in Denialism to pretend none of that exists.
Glad you used the medical analogy again. There is still a lot to learn about cancer. The results are testable, unlike climate science. It's an insult to medicine to compare it to climate science.

And I did not say we know "nothing", that is your own strawman. Shows again that you have to lie to cover your lack of argument.

We simply lack a lot of knowledge about climate.
JumpySticks is offline Find More Posts by JumpySticks