SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2015, 12:13 PM
Find More Posts by wings515
Joined Sep 2006
56 Posts
Discussion
Single cell charging

I have a CellPro Multi4 that I would like to use to charge a 700 mAh single cell LiPo. I have a CellPro multi-pin cord to connect directly to the charger. I use the black and first wire to connect to my battery. I have the software loaded onto an XP machine and it works fine for all multi cell batteries. When I select Single cell from the drop down menu and press Start, the software indicates UNBALANCED All cells assumed to be equal and the only option is to Reset. The Multi 4 display indicates No Pack Present. I have used this with other single cell batteries using the adapter board with no problem. I even tried to use the adapter board first with the same result.
Should I be using another pair of wires?
wings515 is offline Find More Posts by wings515
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2015, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by Gregor99
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,456 Posts
Use the black and red wires. Pins 1 and 5.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Aug 08, 2015, 12:50 PM
Find More Posts by wings515
Joined Sep 2006
56 Posts
Got it worked out. It appears the connectors on the adapter board are isolated from each other. The only connection between connectors is of connectors of similar pin count. There is no connection between the second pin of a 3 pin connector and the second pin of a 4 pin connector. To charge a single cell you have to use the black or first pin and the third pin of a two cell battery when charging a single cell. Connections to any other charging port except the other three pin connector are isolated. Now I have to see if charging with the CellPro will increase my flight time of my Syma X5c.
wings515 is offline Find More Posts by wings515
Old Aug 10, 2015, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by Gregor99
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Use the black and red wires. Pins 1 and 5.
This advice applies to this connector. When using a different balance adapter, the pinouts will be different.

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...-10-5-Position

Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99